Get Premium to hide all ads
17.02.2012 - 17:30
Preferably Sweden or Norway, what is the best strategy to use and are their any tips you have?
17.02.2012 - 21:10
I would probably do SM on Norway. But I've seen someone used Naval commander and managed to wipe UK out pretty strongly. The reason why I would use SM is because Norway is a bit isolated from the main Europe countries and is difficult to expand on your first week, SM will give you the mobility to expand quickly.
18.02.2012 - 06:49
It depends. if germany is empty i would take sweden to get germany in the first turn.
otherwise i would also prefer norway
----

18.02.2012 - 14:18
trueleroix
Account deleted
What is SM?
18.02.2012 - 16:08
Sky Menance - a strategy, where you use Bombers and air transporters
----

18.02.2012 - 17:27
1 - Use Sky Menace to expand quickly with the superior range and decent infantry. (unlike gw)

2 - Use Master of Stealth for preference in sneak attacks and multi-front advantages. It is an expensive strategy but with the good Scandinavian economy it is affordable + infantries are still fairly strong. Tip: Use them all in first turn expansion.

3 - Use Naval Commander strategy for a powerful control of the Scandinavian region. Use the starting infantry for early expansion and to defend your new frontiers. Use destroyers for power and fast expansion. Get control of the UK within week 3 before reinforcements and if you can get Russia Northwest get it! For future assaults on Moscow/Eastern Europe region.

4 - Only use Blitzkrieg for specific tasks and games to rush your opponent and expand quickly. The good income of Scandinavia will support your armies and your attacks.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
18.02.2012 - 17:41
 YOBA
I wouldn't. They're almost completely useless except in one possible set-up I can think of. Norway or Denmark might be good counterweights to the UK in a 3v3 for instance, but it would be impossible to beat the UK unless you were allied with someone.

Denmark would be good as you could take Germany first turn, which UK players don't tend to do these days because of the chance of failure. Norway would be good due to the possibility of a surprise second-turn attack. Latvia with Naval Commander used to work like a charm in a couple of very specific set-ups and I think Scandinavia could too.

However, just to be safe, I'd go for one of the Baltic states instead. With Latvia, you can take Russia:Northwest, Finland, Estonia and Sweden from the first turn with NC. However, expansion slows wayyy down after that. But with a different strat, the Baltic could work really well because you can quickly get Scandinavian buckaroos and Russia (if Europe+ or greater) or at least Poland and Ukraine in most games.

So yeah, try a country in the Baltic and report back.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
18.02.2012 - 17:47
I think Norway and Denmark could be more effective as meat shields against Germany. Mainly because if I have no transports I have to water hop all my units through Denmark to get up there.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
20.02.2012 - 14:18
1. I use Mighty Finland
2. I use units in tampere and oulo to make tanks and fly them on a air transport to norway
3. I use units from helenski to make air transport and fly them to sweden
3. I take estonia, lativia, and lithania with rest of unit and auxillary infantry by putting on transport
Starting Country: Finland
Starting cash: 7500 ( after finland is picked in 10k game )
Best strategy: Great Combinator ( or tank general if no premium )
Efictiveness: Good
Rating: 4/5
EDIT: with airtransport capacity 2 you can take gothenburg and denmark on the same turn
----
Written by NateBaller, 30.08.2012 at 20:04

I make Americans look bad? Are you kidding me?
20.02.2012 - 15:09
TG lol I stopped using that strat months ago.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
20.02.2012 - 22:12
Naw man i use Great Combinator not that TG shit
----

06.03.2012 - 14:05
Iron Fist, top strategy for Sweden.
----
Written by Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
23.04.2012 - 21:55
Other night playing against UK and Spian AND aZERBAJAIN and Russia central ( all rank 4's) i finally pulled it off

thanks to gnasher (turkey) who got suprise buttsex from azerbajain
----

08.05.2012 - 16:12
Actually, Sweden is one of my favorite countries to play as, honestly. I can quickly take down the rest of Scandinavia, and with a good alliance take a decent chunk of Europe. It's also pretty effective against UK and Germany if you play it right.

P.S. (I'm not Swedish! )
09.05.2012 - 19:27
Sweden. Norway has militia and can be taken out using a few tanks, so you'll have that back country to help.
14.05.2012 - 08:47
Im like the only person that plays finland...
----

14.05.2012 - 12:04
 YOBA
Written by DURRHUNTER, 14.05.2012 at 08:47

hdrakon1 likes to play Finland.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
15.05.2012 - 11:55
Written by YOBA, 14.05.2012 at 12:04

Written by DURRHUNTER, 14.05.2012 at 08:47

hdrakon1 likes to play Finland.

hence trolling land
----

atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word