Get Premium to hide all ads
02.02.2011 - 22:23
Well, i think that the type of terrain could be better explored in the game. In that moment, there only are two types of terrain; Water (Ocean) and Earth (Continent). Fisiologic barriers like mountains and Rivers are forgotten at the time, and it would be add a lot in the game, especially in South America and Africa.

I Think that a troop can't walk in a dense forest like Amazon or a desert like Sahara the same that it walk in a European field,
or climb a mountain range like the Andes easy like now..

That Fisiologics barriers will change completly the fight strategy of many countrys (in the Andes Example, Chile, Bolívia, Peru, Colombia...)

Another example that this fisiologic barriers would maximize the game strategy variety is about Rivers. For example, the best way to travel in Amazon Forest is trough Rivers. I've imagined a unit like Boats, that can transport land units only trough rivers and small Seas (it would create a new strategy, like transport troops from Belém to Manaus fastly) and it would be maximized if incorporated the idea of tearrain types changes the Unit Range, powering the Boats in tropical regions.

Another example is the Middle East (Tiger River and Eufrates with the Desert Terrain Type)
and in China (Yellow River). Boats would be very usefull in Seas too, like in the route Nilo River > Mediterranean Sea or in Oceania.

Rivers can appear just like a blue track in the map. And if the Terrain Type idea be accepted, would be necessary to represent then better in the map too..

About Mountains, the only thing to do is go around them or trough Air Transports (i don't think that climbing units would be usefull)

So, i expect that i've sucesfully passed my Ideas. What you think about it ? ^^
Sorry for some english error.
----
We shall never surrender !
03.02.2011 - 10:14
I agree that the fact to add terrain types is quite fun but I don't think something should be unwalkable, just slower than normally.

That way some other countries will have protection due to mountains, which will give some countries that suck right now a bonus! (Or not, its just how you see it)

And for rivers, it can be nice to have. Gives naval strategy more use! And boats in general.

Using layers as lines or colours to show where these area's start (Only when you want to move men, I suppose. And a button to turn it on of course) would make it easy for the user to see.

In the movement range, it might be coloured red as to thats as far as you can walk if you walk that direction and orange showing that you are walking something that takes more effort to walk on

However as the creators want to keep the game simple, this might add just that bit to make it a bit more complicated. I think this might add some fun into the game though.
03.02.2011 - 10:40
This would give a huge advantage to bomber and air transport stacks.
Just pointing that out not saying itsa good or bad thing.
03.02.2011 - 10:55
Please make some effort to look at older threads. Many of the ideas popping up in new threads are repetitive that Admins have already responded to.

Written by Ivan, 22.01.2011 at 14:53

Sorry, this kind of thing is complicated (and not all that useful), so the implementation is very unlikely.

http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=157&board_page=2
03.02.2011 - 20:46
 Hawk
Yeah, this would be nice.
But my thread was already declined
03.02.2011 - 22:31
Guest14502, i really haven't seen the Hawk's thread before i've made this topic, but i think that the repetition of the idea shows that it must be a good idea ^^.

But my topic shows an idea that the Hawk's topic didn't show: about the change in the Unit Range's depending of the terrain type (like forest and deserts.)

Yihka, well, i don't say that these countries suck xD. But you've catched the idea. Maybe Bomber and Stealth's Range should be lower too, to balance the unit's ranges.

Written by Ivan, 24.01.2011 at 09:00

Written by Hawk, 23.01.2011 at 17:28

Not even rivers?

Well, it's not that difficult to alter the map a little bit, but moving your naval units by rivers would be a pain. Besides, this will create problems for land units movement as well.

And if you use the Yihka's Idea ? The river will only appear when you movement a "Boat unit", turning possible that Land unids pass trough him without problems, just with a lower range due to effort.

Other thing is that you don't need to do Rivers irregulars like they really are. You can put the real River just like a picture in the map and do the "practice river" just a line or a "Blue Range" around the "picture river" in the map.

Well, i don't understand a lot of programming, so i'm just saying things that i've imagined xD. Sorry if it's very difficult or complicated hahahaha

So, it's just an idea. But i think that this idea is worth of more attention, and by discussing maybe we could make it better and win a awesome implement to the game ^^
----
We shall never surrender !
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word