Get Premium to hide all ads
29.02.2012 - 18:05
Hi all.

If any of these ideas have already been mentioned I apologize in advance for repeat.

Going through the Scenario creation, there was a few items that I think would inject a whole new level of interest in the game. As a foreword... so there is no mistaking the terminology that I am using. Teams and Factions. Teams are the group of people on one side of the encounter. Factions are the different individual players within each team.

1. "Scenario" indicators on game selection to games that are not Vanilla. Possibly even a mouse over with a splash window that indicates the specific changes to the scenario. Or... have a simple filter that allows you to see Vanilla games.... Scenario games... or both.

2. Unique Units per Faction.
The ability to create unique names per faction (i.e. Infantry for Faction A being called "Grunts" and Faction B being called "Guerrillas" and so forth.) This of course is purely for the aesthetics of game play and would add a very nice flow to period created games.

Also... the ability to include or make unavailable specific units to given factions. (i.e. U.S. Factions allowed to have stealth bombers but not militia... and Taliban Faction allowed to have militia and not stealth bombers... etc... etc....). This is more to be able to make unique factions that must be played differently and use different tactics and strategies.

The final unique aspect which I think would be great to see (though is probably the most difficult to inject into the game) would be the ability to create entirely new units... assign your own stats to them (i.e. attack, defense, speed, etc). Again this would allow for very unique matches to be played with specific strategies on both sides to be created and used by the players.
29.02.2012 - 18:19
 YOBA
1. There already is an indicator, actually. Either the game has an image or the world in the picture (on the button for the game) is coloured in red, sort of.

2, 3 and 4: have already been suggested (by me a few times, LOL) but the developers haven't commented on them yet. They're all great ideas though.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
01.03.2012 - 02:57
 Ivan (Admin)
Nice suggestions, but pretty labor-intensive. We'd love to add more ability to customize scenarios, but, you know... priorities. Have a huge list of ideas to implement, and precious little time for that. Apart from actually developing the game we now also have to do a lot of management. Dealing with various complaints, requests and server problems. The fun stuff

Allowing to create own units would be pretty sweet, but I don't even want to think of all the complexities involved... One day, perhaps...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word