Get Premium to hide all ads
09.03.2012 - 01:45
This idea has been mentioned before but the post could have been better and i've been thinking about it a lot lately. Adding some major rivers could REALLY improve some lesser used areas. I'll go through a few I think would really help and others can be suggested.
You would traverse them in a similar way to canals and would still be able to walk over them.

Danube
Cities: Vienna, Budapest, Belgrade

Volga
Cities: Volgograd, Samara, Kazan, Nizhny Novgorod

Mississippi
Cities: New Orleans, Memphis, St. Louis, Minneapolis

Amazon
Cities: Manaus, Iquitos

Yangtze
Cities: Chongqing, Wuhan, Shanghai

Nile
Cities: Cairo, Khartoum
09.03.2012 - 06:41
 KYBL
These rivers would be hard to navigate
----

09.03.2012 - 10:39
Written by Stomach Ulcers, 09.03.2012 at 09:30

Written by KYBL, 09.03.2012 at 06:41

These rivers would be hard to navigate

Yeah, that's the only real hitch. But I mean, if you go into the amazon river in game now, you can get most of the way to Manaus before it won't let you go any further. Maybe they had planned to include it? Maybe it just is that way for no reason? Either way it's possible and I think it'd add a nice new dimension to the game.

tis true I agree with S.U.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
09.03.2012 - 10:42
This idea is awesome, Stomach, but in order for it to work awesomely, the rivers would have to be more clear that they are indeed traversable. It would be awesome to use midwest production to get more submarines, and my strategy to invade europe as asia would change drastically.

5/5
----
Written by Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
09.03.2012 - 11:39
I came here to lock the thread and say asked and answered....but be that as it may, this is indeed a well put together post. It may be that Ivan and Amok think this isn't feasible given the time and or effort involved, but I agree it would be neat so I will let them respond.
09.03.2012 - 13:12
 KYBL
I think Yangtze, st. Lawrence, amazon and Nile should be added. Maybe Mississippi-Missouri would be nice too
----

09.03.2012 - 17:39
Supported
"you dont need destroyers in a river, but at least block infantry!"
----
Nothing to impede progress. If you want to see the fate of democracies, look out the windows.
10.03.2012 - 05:31
SuperiorCacaocow
Account deleted
Rivers would be interesting.
10.03.2012 - 06:27
Agreed
10.03.2012 - 07:48
Rivers would be interesting, agree!
10.03.2012 - 08:03
You've my support. +1!
10.03.2012 - 11:18
Good idea.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
10.03.2012 - 15:49
 YOBA
Pretty beast. So what are your plans for them? Would we be expected to manoeuvre ships into them? That would be a bit of a bitch TBH unless movement is reworked, as passing through canals is hard enough as it is, as Emporer pointed out above.

But really, what is their strategic value? A few of them (the Danube, Yangtze and Mississippi) coincide with major capitals, which is pretty cool. It would be good for Naval Commander but I still find the notion that players would actually use them difficult. Thoughts?
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
11.03.2012 - 12:04
Maybe some rivers not all of them you know?
----
"Austria the shield and Prussia the sword!" Too bad that they are attached to the wrong arm: The right one holds the defiantly gli stening shield, and the left one is supposed to wield the sword"
-Franz Grillparzer, Prussian Officer
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word