Get Premium to hide all ads
19.03.2012 - 08:06
Hey,

I was thinking of making units sellable.

Why? it got some advantages like useless units that are more annoying then good bcuz of the weekly maintance (see: useless militia in south-south america when ur fighting north america)

Also it will make this game more epic and more challenging

The disadvantages are that it will take ages to make it balanced and the coding will take ridicoulously (<-- idk how to spell it sorry) long.

Maybe another advantage (for A, and I only bcuz nobody likes paying things unless ur a very rich bastard ) to make it premium only, so it will advertise buying premium alot more.

So i think this is a win-win situation, A and I get more pennies and we get a more awesome afterwind

Be sure to leave ur opinion! (trolls are allowed idc)
19.03.2012 - 12:38
I think selling units and getting more than 25%ish% of it's value is too op, you also have to take into account that bigger nations

i think when disbanding a unit you get 10% of it's intial value, rounded down to the nearest interger 5% more for premium, and a ugrade for a further 5% too, meaning a total of 20%

Another way to look t it, which is much more complex is that you get less money depending of your overall income (not Profit), and how many of that troop type you own. This would balance it so smaller nations, and poorer nations will get more money back for their units, seeing as there is more demand for troops, because of short supply.

I think if the devs implement this feature well, it will make the southern hemisphere a much more playable area for experienced players.

Then again i think the second idea is too complex, the devs want to keep the game simple, this is introducing an economy into the game.
19.03.2012 - 13:28
 YOBA
We've had the discussion on why you shouldn't be able to disband or sell units several times before... and it was mostly rejected because of the fact this would complicate several existing strategies and turn the whole of gameplay on its head. Also because people appreciate the fact that you need to manage your money well to be successful and it adds a layer of difficulty to the game in this way.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
22.03.2012 - 19:32
Put this in game now plz
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
23.03.2012 - 03:44
Premium dont give you any advantages on the battlefield except that you have three more available strategies you can use when u start the game and also the game would be unrealistic if you were able to sell off all your units on east while fighting on west.
----
Anything is possible for me as long as I set my mind to it.
23.03.2012 - 16:06
Why HAVEN'T YOU ADDED THIS ALREADY ?!?!?!?!
----
Roses are red
Violets are blue
In Soviet Russia
Poems right you!

Roses are grey
Violets are grey
I'm color blind

Roses are red
I have a phone
Nobody calls me
Forever alone

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Some poems rhyme
this one doesn't
23.03.2012 - 18:12
 YOBA
Written by darkstorm777, 23.03.2012 at 16:06

Read my post; it's against the Afterwind spirit and it would literally ruin the entire gameplay, or at least change it completely (probably destroy the game). The fact this is not the game is not a bug, it's a feature.
----
YOBA:
23.03.2012 - 18:18
Disbanding will not destroy the game and they plan to add it. Its not a bug, just not in yet.
23.03.2012 - 20:28
Written by YOBA, 23.03.2012 at 18:12

Read my post; it's against the Afterwind spirit and it would literally ruin the entire gameplay, or at least change it completely (probably destroy the game). The fact this is not the game is not a bug, it's a feature.

What are you talking about? How would this ruin the game? Have fun fighting some late joiner and having a billion units spread out all over the place and not being able to do @$#! with. Its not like we're asking them to add a 3-D battlefield and a 1st person view of a soldier in battle.
----
Roses are red
Violets are blue
In Soviet Russia
Poems right you!

Roses are grey
Violets are grey
I'm color blind

Roses are red
I have a phone
Nobody calls me
Forever alone

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Some poems rhyme
this one doesn't
23.03.2012 - 23:24
Written by darkstorm777, 23.03.2012 at 20:28

Written by YOBA, 23.03.2012 at 18:12

What are you talking about? How would this ruin the game? Have fun fighting some late joiner and having a billion units spread out all over the place and not being able to do @$#! with. Its not like we're asking them to add a 3-D battlefield and a 1st person view of a soldier in battle.

yep,i have the same problem, 500 soldiers on california/usa mountains on america, but america ambush my capital on germany by surprice with 50 troops, and i cant do **** because i dont have money or reinforcements to do it and i lost by 1 turn, 2/3 weeks to kill him, 3/3 weeks to my death :S.
can we at least have the option to kill my own troops with just a click on them, and then click on a skull icon?
24.03.2012 - 16:17
Well the money u gain for selling would be like 10% or something, so it wont ruin the game its more like recycling useless units that only fuck you up then do good

like militia cost:30$ sell: 3$

you can also make it like every 5units u sell in 1 round u gain another less 2.5% money of actual price

So 5militia will give 3$ each, but if u go over 5, militia 6-10 will give u like 1.5$ and so on.
25.03.2012 - 20:54
I don't think you should get any money for removing troops if it does get implemented.
They should just be disbanded at no cost and no profit.
25.03.2012 - 21:17
I believe this idea is good. You should receive no more than half of your credits back when selling them to someone else, and 1/10 for disbanding.
26.03.2012 - 02:40
 YOBA
Written by Pokarnor1, 25.03.2012 at 20:54

I don't think you should get any money for removing troops if it does get implemented.
They should just be disbanded at no cost and no profit.

This. If this has to be implemented, don't let people get their money back. Because then the game becomes far too unpredictable for the attacker because the defender can raise units at any point by selling one of the many from their spawling empire. Disbanding only.

But overall I would still think it's a bad idea and shouldn't be put in at all, because it will lead to far too many noobish mistakes despite the good intention. Most newbies just can't manage their finances well and won't understand the real value of disbanding, which is to reduce maintenance costs. They'll just leave themselves open to attack.
----
YOBA:
28.03.2012 - 19:26
Yoba, I must respectfully disagree with you. This game has many worse traps for noobish mistakes and misunderstandings. Turnblocking and walls are not intuitive, and many people don't like spending a lot of time to learn a browser game. I've seen you responding to other threads where new players where annoyed that their units don't do anything because of other people attacking their units first.

On the contrary, when I was starting out, I overspent like crazy and went into bankruptcy every time I played a reasonably money-restricted game. I had no idea what to do with the Militia sitting in every city and doing nothing but eating up my income. If noobs are given an option to at least end the maintanance costs on mistakenly purchased units, then they will be less frustrated about the complexity of the game.

However, I do agree that getting any money back would go against the purposes of Afterwind gameplay, and the units should simply disappear. Another limitation should be that it must happen in a city. This will stop people from just disbanding a stack that has been out-manuevered. This will do a lot to balance the Southern Hemisphere against the north, as part of the money problems in the south stem from the upkeep of so much militia.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word