Get Premium to hide all ads

Poll

On what map should the next tournament be played?

Europe
Europe+
Mediterranean
Greater Middle East
Africa
North America
South/Latin America
SE Asia & Oceania
Other, post below

Total votes: 50
20.03.2012 - 12:19
I've got a lot of PM's from players that want a new tournament. I'm happy there is such a lot animo for it. At this moment i'm busy with a few things, but i'm planning to start a new tournament shortly (spring/summer tournament). Because the 2v2 tournament was too inactive, the tournamant will be 1v1 again. I was wondering if we can change some of the rules again, so also players that are not a Europe+ 10k fan can also participate and have a good chance of winning. Maybe other votes will follow, but here is the first.

The question is simple; Are we tired of the Europe map(s)? Or is it the best map for 1v1 matches? Vote and comment

Also check my new poll about the tournament funds HERE
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
20.03.2012 - 12:25
Oceania. Bring the water into a tourney for once.
20.03.2012 - 13:54
Indian Ocean. Or pacific.
20.03.2012 - 14:07
Personally, I would go with Europe+ again. Simply because it's the most balanced in my opinion, and almost every strategy works there.
20.03.2012 - 14:34
Africa cuz requires more skill. (And I'm good in Africa and ..... well low income countries)
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
20.03.2012 - 18:11
 YOBA
North Murrica on 15k. Fuck it's good, and you can get all sorts of tactics in there.

BTW, don't just go by the results. You're making the tournament and I hope you will make an educated decision and trust your good judgment and not pick Europe (+) again.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
20.03.2012 - 19:11
Written by YOBA, 20.03.2012 at 18:11

North Murrica on 15k. Fuck it's good, and you can get all sorts of tactics in there.

BTW, don't just go by the results. You're making the tournament and I hope you will make an educated decision and trust your good judgment and not pick Europe (+) again.

+1
20.03.2012 - 20:42
Europe +. I have never got any chance to participate in any constests b4
----
Anything is possible for me as long as I set my mind to it.
21.03.2012 - 03:56
Europe+ is fine but if we're going for alternatives we'd need a scenario.
----
Written by Amok, 29.04.2012 at 08:36

Gardevoir, your obnoxiousness really baffles me sometimes...just leave for good already or stop whining.
21.03.2012 - 23:22
I do think we should deviate from the basic Europe+, but I agree with Caulerpa that it is very well balanced.

Still, why not try out Greater Middle East or Africa?
----
Qui non proficit, deficit. UCR 5/5/11-2/14/12. 6/17/12 - Coniunctum, sumus invicta.
22.03.2012 - 00:08
Greater Middle East needs to be an option for competitive matches.
22.03.2012 - 01:23
Looks like Europe+ is winning. Still it can also be a option to change the map after a round is played. So you play different maps in the tournament
For example:
First round: Europe
Second round: Africa
Thrid round: Greater Middle East
Fourth round: North America
Final: Europe+

What do you guys think of that?
----
22.03.2012 - 04:00
Middle East is fine if the incomes were higher. As it stands it's only low cost strats that can win there.
----

Gardevoir, your obnoxiousness really baffles me sometimes...just leave for good already or stop whining.
22.03.2012 - 05:22
With the higher income, the egypt/turkey/iraq area is much more powerful than the pakistan area.
22.03.2012 - 05:35
That imbalance exists in Europe as well. It's not secret that East Europe is poorer than West.
Turkey/Saudi/Iran could represent Germany/France/UK. Pakistan is Ukraine/Turkey.

If someone could come online now we'll do 10k Middle East duel on a scenario with higher incomes.
----

22.03.2012 - 07:50
 YOBA
Written by Barrymore, 22.03.2012 at 05:35

That imbalance exists in Europe as well. It's not secret that East Europe is poorer than West.
Turkey/Saudi/Iran could represent Germany/France/UK. Pakistan is Ukraine/Turkey.

If someone could come online now we'll do 10k Middle East duel on a scenario with higher incomes.

Yeah, but in Eastern Europe's case if you have enough money you can easily dominate Western Europe. Most capitals there have more than 5 units available during reinforcement week.

But the thing with the Middle East is that most countries other than Iran near the Indian sub-continent are utter shite (well, that's just Afghanistan and Pakistan, not sure if Central Asian states are included). So I would say it's unbalanced.

It does cost a buggerload of money to purchase Turkey though. But from there it's smooth sailing with rich Arab clay, while the east of Greater Middle East will be stuck with shitty mud huts for farms. I reckon it is unbalanced and shouldn't be one of the maps.

First round: Europe
Second round: Africa (only 2 strats can be used here really, I'd say it's pretty balanced unless one played is an idiot)
Thrid round: Greater Middle East AMERICAS! Beating NA as SA is totally possible if you get to Cuba and Mexico first!
Fourth round: North America
Final: Europe+ (I'd prefer standard Europe for this one and Europe+ for the first round. Standard Europe is a more competitive and balanced map, I think)
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
22.03.2012 - 08:37
Hugosh i support the idea to use differents map. However, you will need to work on balanced scenarios for every map. Don't just buff income at 200% for every countries in the mid-east and africa. I think that we will need to work on a totally balanced scenario, to arrive with a great mix of rich and poor area like europe+.
22.03.2012 - 15:32
 Acquiesce (Mod)
I've been recently playing barrymore's duel maps and I think they are perfect for this kind if thing. The incomes are boosted in poorer areas. I find the middle east map to be praticularly good for 1v1s.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
22.03.2012 - 15:44
Europe + is very standard, suitable map for any type of warfare or strategy you're using. Although some players might rather a map like Africa, Oceania, America or Asia. What about making all maps acceptable.

Here's what i suggest.

Make Europe + the default map if at least one of the two players want it. For ex; if one players wants Asia and the other Africa, the game will be Europe + since it is the default map.

The only time a game can be held on a different map is if both players agree on it. If it's half and half its Europe +
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
23.03.2012 - 03:10
Tophats - Simplest ideas are usually the best, if both people want to play on a different map they can. If not then they play Europe+. Genius I say.

Acquiesce - I'm trying to make the Middle East Duel map as balanced as possible so I'm playing against as many different people as I can with as many different strats to see how it works. I've discovered that SM simply doesn't work in the East of the map and so I've asked Amok if he will raise the amount you can boost a nations income by on scenario editor. He said he would package it into the next update if possible. I want to boost central asias income so it can act as the 'scandinavia' for Pakistan. I've also tried my hardest to create pockets of 'Benelux' countries - low pop, high income - to fund the empires. These states are Israel, Bahrain, Qatar and when incomes get boosted will be extended to all of Central Asia and Armenia and Georgia. These are worth attacking because they are harder to defend and contribute so much to a players income. UAE and Kuwait are also very rich but they do have some reinforcements as well.

Other than expensive strats struggling in the East the map seems pretty balanaced, I'll continue to refine it though. Give feedback ploz.
----

23.03.2012 - 05:04
Really the problem with the middle east is that big stretch of nothingness between iran and afghanistan. It really needs populating somehow.
23.03.2012 - 07:12
 KYBL
Middle east is th most fun
----

23.03.2012 - 07:42
I think i will try and play some maps on 1v1 (Middle east and Africa) to check if its balanced. If anyone wants to volunteer then PM me . I prever a player that has about the same skill level.

Futhermore i think that TopHats idea works good, but the 'Europe+' players will be in great advantage then. The most 'hardcore' players will play Europe+ only, and simply decline all the other maps. I want to get a system that also the 'newbie' players, and the players that play more maps will have a good chance. But maybe i can use a other map for the first round, and then switch to your suggestion.
----
23.03.2012 - 18:35
Well, honestly i think every players play more often Europe than any other continents. Maybe that a few players play the majority of there games on world map or scenario. But in the current map that we have listed for 1vs1 i'm almost certain everyone played more often europe than mideast or africa. There is no "europe + players", just players that want to try new maps and player that are already sure that europe+ is the best map. Both of this group play the vast majority of there small map game in europe.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word