Get Premium to hide all ads
24.03.2012 - 16:10
I would like to suggest a new chat room.

with this chat (additional to the room, global or coalition chat) you can arrange CWs.

if you select this item and you write something then every officer or leader of a coalition with at least 3 persons online will receive this message.

but you can also select a single coalition (like in private chat where you select a particular player) and there again the officers and leaders receive the message. but you can only write a message to a single coalition. if they have at least 3 persons online (one of them must be an officer or leader).

what do you think about it?
----

24.03.2012 - 16:45
 YOBA
I don't really see the point. It's just as convenient to use global anyway or just PM leaders and officers as we have always done. it would probably go unused.

And even if 3 people are online, they may be AFK. If only 2 people are online, one of them might be able to tell people to come online through other means of communication [size=1(a certain member of Byzantia has my phone number, for instance)[/size]. Your chat system eliminates this, meaning a CW would never be organised.

And let's not forget that coalition wars concern just two coalitions at a time. By this I mean that if Coalition X arranges a CW with Coalition Y, the rest are not going to care. They will probably just turn the chat off because they'll see it as spam. Again, it will go unused.

Lastly, the Afterwind chat system is not very helpful either. Messages can only be seen when the player is in that specific chat. If the player leaves that chat, the messages disappear. Because they don't stay there permanently, after a coalition officer, say, finishes up a game they may want to check the CW chat to see if any coalitions are up for a fight, though they will not see any messages because they only just joined that chat (they'd probably have it turned off at the time).

So no, I don't think there's a reason for this and it also has the potential to actually harm the coalition ecosystem as a whole. I don't think it should be implemented. The best case scenario is that no coalition would use it.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
26.03.2012 - 07:56
I agree with YOBA. It would go unused quite a bit. But good idea though.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word