Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by notserral, 29.03.2012 - 14:08
The Coalition Tournament

Next deadline for playing the games:

June 20th, 19h00 GMT

Click here for the Challonge page

A large scale tournament, my friends. Inspired by messing with equations and dark mathematics in the suggestions area, I bring you The Great Coalition Tournament. The idea is that EVERY coalition is welcome and the higher the participation the better. Each coalition can enlist only one team, and just like in coalition wars, they can change the players at will, if the original setup can't play. As in, you enlist your coalition, but when it's time to play you can assemble your team from any player in your cln. Also, the games don't need to be CWs, they can be standard team games.

The idea is to have Swiss-system rounds, where teams are paired according to their performance on the tournament, and then proceed with the top teams into an elimination round.

How the Swiss tournament type works
The amount of rounds is determined by the logarithmic binary of the amount of players - 2 rounds for 4 players, 3 for 8, 4 for 16, 5 for 32 and so on - and players are seeded according to rank (in this case, the coalition competence). The first pairing is made between the top seeds and the bottom seeds (doing otherwise would tamper with the ranking needed to decide further pairings), so in a 16 teams case, matches will happen between the 1st and the 9th, 2nd and 10th, 3rd and 11th and so forth. When there's an odd number of teams, a bye (kinda like a free win) is awarded to the lowest ranked player who has not yet received one.

From the second round onwards, matches are made with players with similar records and similar rankings. So, if you're 1-0 you'll be matched against the 1-0 team with the ranking (competence) closest to yours. Wins are 3 points and ties will be 0, and since there isn't a tie scenario for Afterwind, it will be used in case of negligence from both parties - as in neither of them tried scheduling a game or contacting me about not being able to.

After the Swiss tournament phase, the top half of the players will be moved on to the elimination phase.

The tournament starts April 13th so that we can have time to enlist coalitions. Each round will last one week, so that participating coalitions can arrange games without pressure. This first topic will be updated as soon as the games start, with brackets and more information to you guys.

Round Duration:
Two weeks, with the deadline for screenshot / results submission being every other Wednesday 19h GMT.

On the case of not being able to get a game, the cln should contact me. On further not being able to schedule a game, a win will be given on a case by case basis. In the case of a match not happening and neither CLN contacting me about it, I will try to contact the CLNs either ingame or through this thread, otherwise a tie will be given (no points to either party).

Match Rules:
Game Type: 3v3 Team Game (if both teams agree, it can be a 2v2)
Map: Europe+
Turn duration: 3 minutes
Starting funds: 10k
Maximum players: 6
Joining until week: 0
Victory: Capture your enemies' capital and hold for 2 turns
Game duration: 50 turns
Rares: No rares
Initial countries: 1 country
+100 cities: On
Allow rejoining: yes
Additional rule: First turn turnblocking(TB), Wallfucking(WF), and Rushing are not allowed. The offending team will be given a loss upon the offended team providing screenshots. If both teams break this rule, the match is to be restarted. Wallfucking a city who was neutral in turn 1 is permitted (just clarifying that wallfucking a neutral city is allowed).

Reporting score:
- Take a screenshot and send it to me or post on this thread.
- Upon cheating (first turn TB, first turn Wallfuck or first turn rushing) the offended team should present screenshots.

Seedings:

1. Byzantia
2. Dalmati
3. BiteMe!
4. Dalmati Pups
5. Deutsche Koalition
6. Stalins Martians
7. Warborn Legion + United We Stand
8. The Dead Rabbits
9. U.L.P.
----------------
10. Eagle Soldiers
11. Syndicate
12. Zero-Legend
13. Fruit is Manly
14. Hellenic Macedonians
15. BiteMe Too!
16. Art of War + WarTime Heroes
17. U.L.A.P.
18. European Clan

And that's it guys, hope you like the format. If you have any suggestions or advice, I'm open to PMs or just post them in this thread.

( :
12.04.2012 - 05:50
I feel sorry for eagle soldiers to have to face Byzantia first game.
----
Anything is possible for me as long as I set my mind to it.
12.04.2012 - 05:59
 YOBA
Written by Sixstars, 12.04.2012 at 05:50

Dat ego boost
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
12.04.2012 - 11:26
Written by Sixstars, 12.04.2012 at 05:50

They won't get eliminated on first round, though - everyone gets AT LEAST 5 games, not counting W.O.s, and then the top 8 will move on to the knockout phase.
----
Written by Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
12.04.2012 - 12:50
I formally accept the invitation into this tournament
----
"If opportunity doesn't knock. Build a door."
~Theodore Roosivelt
12.04.2012 - 14:10
Written by JediMindTricks, 12.04.2012 at 12:50

I formally accept the invitation into this tournament

Sorry, but you came one day too late. The registrations closed and matches are already being arranged ):
----

12.04.2012 - 16:13
The noob coalition first turn wallfucked us.

We still won easily

First round victory, reporting in.
----
Czech yourself before you wreck yourself.
12.04.2012 - 16:29
 YOBA
I think they should immediately be placed in the 5th tier for cheating, or at least punished in some way. Byzantia played fairly but not every coalition has as many skilled players as our coalition that can still turn the game around despite the (attempted) wallfucks. Any coalition that breaks these rules has to be punished. Not disqualified, but at least punished, and sorry but I wouldn't think warning is enough.
----
YOBA:
12.04.2012 - 16:34
I Told the reason to Vagineer too, Ushtare did not understand the rule of wallfuck , only first turn attack . i know its my mistake , i should have told them the rules. but Houdini we did not attacked your caps like what u asked , so we are not noob
----

[center][img][/img]
12.04.2012 - 16:46
http://www.afterwind.com/cln/cln.php?cln_id=98
The total number of players that logged in within the last 24hours is: 2!
Really, i will try to play them, but don't expect much.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
12.04.2012 - 18:53
Lol Byzantia
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
12.04.2012 - 22:51
I think 1st turn wallfuck should be auto loss
13.04.2012 - 00:13
It is:

Quote:
Additional rule: First turn turnblocking(TB), Wallfucking(WF), and Rushing are not allowed. The offending team will be given a loss upon the offended team providing screenshots. If both teams break this rule, the match is to be restarted. Wallfucking a city who was neutral in turn 1 is permitted (just clarifying that wallfucking a neutral city is allowed).

But Byzantia decided to play them anyway.
----

13.04.2012 - 00:50
Ah ok..must read rules..lol
13.04.2012 - 01:52
Written by Hugosch, 12.04.2012 at 16:46

http://www.afterwind.com/cln/cln.php?cln_id=98
The total number of players that logged in within the last 24hours is: 2!
Really, i will try to play them, but don't expect much.

Well, seeing as giving away W.O. wins is boring, if no contact with the Enclave is achieved, if you guys would like to fight Red Army (who came late and if they manage to get 3 active players) it could be an option. What you think?
----

13.04.2012 - 08:26
 YOBA
Yo PulseReaction, you should fix the chart. It's impossible to tie in a CW as allying everyone is not allowed...
----
YOBA:
13.04.2012 - 11:16
Written by YOBA, 13.04.2012 at 08:26

Yo PulseReaction, you should fix the chart. It's impossible to tie in a CW as allying everyone is not allowed...

The tie is reserved for when both CLNs are so inactive they couldn't bother to get a game.
----

13.04.2012 - 19:24
BT should get a free pass as the coalition they're facing has two total members (impossible to CW).
----
I was banned for your sins

VAGlJESUS ["I love me some KFC"]
13.04.2012 - 22:09
Written by VAGlNEER 2.0, 13.04.2012 at 19:24

BT should get a free pass as the coalition they're facing has two total members (impossible to CW).

I've sent a PM to that RedArmy bro, and will try to replace Enclave with them. If I can't, then BT will get a free win.
----

15.04.2012 - 10:42
Well, just noticed Enclave disbanded. If no other CLN is found to play in its place, all its matches from now on will be on auto-loss.
----

15.04.2012 - 13:57
15.04.2012 - 15:20
 Kate
15.04.2012 - 15:33
 YOBA
>has Chrome
>plays Afterwind in Internet Explorer
OH DOG WHAT DONE.

Anyway, a job well done, Dalmati and Deutsche Koalition.
----
YOBA:
15.04.2012 - 15:36
Indeed, very nicely done, Deutsche Koalition. BTW Yoba: IE is more optimized to silverlight than chrome ;p
----

15.04.2012 - 15:40
Comgrat deutsche coalition
----

[center][img][/img]
15.04.2012 - 20:06
Rabbit Victory

16.04.2012 - 00:54
Wait I looked at the bracket and noticed something. Do we have to have 2 wins against the other cln were playing or just one?
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
16.04.2012 - 03:06
Written by Deray YG, 16.04.2012 at 00:54

Wait I looked at the bracket and noticed something. Do we have to have 2 wins against the other cln were playing or just one?

Just one.
----

16.04.2012 - 07:39
 YOBA
Jesus Christ, dat SP... nice one Dead Rabbits, I had no idea you could get that much SP in a 3v3 Europe+ game.
----
YOBA:
16.04.2012 - 08:24
Written by YOBA, 16.04.2012 at 07:39

Jesus Christ, dat SP... nice one Dead Rabbits, I had no idea you could get that much SP in a 3v3 Europe+ game.

It was actually only a 2v2.
----
"In atWar you either die a hero or live long enough to ally fag and gang bang some poor bastards."
~Goblin

"In this game, everyone is hated."
~Xenosapien
18.04.2012 - 15:39
Written by John Goodman, 15.04.2012 at 20:06

Rabbit Victory

Why did ULAP get the win over Dead Rabbits when the Dead Rabbits clearly won?
----
"In atWar you either die a hero or live long enough to ally fag and gang bang some poor bastards."
~Goblin

"In this game, everyone is hated."
~Xenosapien
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word