Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by notserral, 29.03.2012 - 14:08
The Coalition Tournament

Next deadline for playing the games:

June 20th, 19h00 GMT

Click here for the Challonge page

A large scale tournament, my friends. Inspired by messing with equations and dark mathematics in the suggestions area, I bring you The Great Coalition Tournament. The idea is that EVERY coalition is welcome and the higher the participation the better. Each coalition can enlist only one team, and just like in coalition wars, they can change the players at will, if the original setup can't play. As in, you enlist your coalition, but when it's time to play you can assemble your team from any player in your cln. Also, the games don't need to be CWs, they can be standard team games.

The idea is to have Swiss-system rounds, where teams are paired according to their performance on the tournament, and then proceed with the top teams into an elimination round.

How the Swiss tournament type works
The amount of rounds is determined by the logarithmic binary of the amount of players - 2 rounds for 4 players, 3 for 8, 4 for 16, 5 for 32 and so on - and players are seeded according to rank (in this case, the coalition competence). The first pairing is made between the top seeds and the bottom seeds (doing otherwise would tamper with the ranking needed to decide further pairings), so in a 16 teams case, matches will happen between the 1st and the 9th, 2nd and 10th, 3rd and 11th and so forth. When there's an odd number of teams, a bye (kinda like a free win) is awarded to the lowest ranked player who has not yet received one.

From the second round onwards, matches are made with players with similar records and similar rankings. So, if you're 1-0 you'll be matched against the 1-0 team with the ranking (competence) closest to yours. Wins are 3 points and ties will be 0, and since there isn't a tie scenario for Afterwind, it will be used in case of negligence from both parties - as in neither of them tried scheduling a game or contacting me about not being able to.

After the Swiss tournament phase, the top half of the players will be moved on to the elimination phase.

The tournament starts April 13th so that we can have time to enlist coalitions. Each round will last one week, so that participating coalitions can arrange games without pressure. This first topic will be updated as soon as the games start, with brackets and more information to you guys.

Round Duration:
Two weeks, with the deadline for screenshot / results submission being every other Wednesday 19h GMT.

On the case of not being able to get a game, the cln should contact me. On further not being able to schedule a game, a win will be given on a case by case basis. In the case of a match not happening and neither CLN contacting me about it, I will try to contact the CLNs either ingame or through this thread, otherwise a tie will be given (no points to either party).

Match Rules:
Game Type: 3v3 Team Game (if both teams agree, it can be a 2v2)
Map: Europe+
Turn duration: 3 minutes
Starting funds: 10k
Maximum players: 6
Joining until week: 0
Victory: Capture your enemies' capital and hold for 2 turns
Game duration: 50 turns
Rares: No rares
Initial countries: 1 country
+100 cities: On
Allow rejoining: yes
Additional rule: First turn turnblocking(TB), Wallfucking(WF), and Rushing are not allowed. The offending team will be given a loss upon the offended team providing screenshots. If both teams break this rule, the match is to be restarted. Wallfucking a city who was neutral in turn 1 is permitted (just clarifying that wallfucking a neutral city is allowed).

Reporting score:
- Take a screenshot and send it to me or post on this thread.
- Upon cheating (first turn TB, first turn Wallfuck or first turn rushing) the offended team should present screenshots.

Seedings:

1. Byzantia
2. Dalmati
3. BiteMe!
4. Dalmati Pups
5. Deutsche Koalition
6. Stalins Martians
7. Warborn Legion + United We Stand
8. The Dead Rabbits
9. U.L.P.
----------------
10. Eagle Soldiers
11. Syndicate
12. Zero-Legend
13. Fruit is Manly
14. Hellenic Macedonians
15. BiteMe Too!
16. Art of War + WarTime Heroes
17. U.L.A.P.
18. European Clan

And that's it guys, hope you like the format. If you have any suggestions or advice, I'm open to PMs or just post them in this thread.

( :
18.04.2012 - 16:34
Yes what does the "____________" mean?
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
18.04.2012 - 18:31
Written by Deray YG, 18.04.2012 at 16:34

Yes what does the "____________" mean?

What "____________" ?
----
Written by Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
18.04.2012 - 18:33
Written by notserral, 18.04.2012 at 18:31

What "____________" ?

For example on the Dead Rabbits it goes "The Dead Rabbits" does this mean they lost the tournament even though the ss says they won the game?
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
18.04.2012 - 18:38
They retired from the tournament because they wouldn't be able to play. Same with Fruit is Manly.
----

18.04.2012 - 18:44
Written by notserral, 18.04.2012 at 18:38

They retired from the tournament because they wouldn't be able to play. Same with Fruit is Manly.

oh
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
19.04.2012 - 01:39
Haven't seen more than 1 BM2 player online when I've been on, sent Sloth a PM but couldn't seem to arrange a suitable time. Someone from BM or Pulse give them a nudge please would love to play. Am on holiday this weekend so wont be back till monday. So either today or after that!

Much Love
19.04.2012 - 02:35
@b0nker2: I will try to get in contact with one of the BM2 players this evening, otherwise i will try to schedule a match on Monday (so players will be online then).

About my own match against Zero Legend; i have the same problem with finding them online. However, just give us some time
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
19.04.2012 - 12:39
I just wanted to let everyone know we have every intention of playing this match. Seems like the only time we are on at same time SM isn't but we are going to make it work
19.04.2012 - 15:35
Sweet good to know! If your on this weekend ask Paag, Forever, Vdog or Duke.
19.04.2012 - 16:13
Alright will do
20.04.2012 - 12:31
I may just have bad timing and am catching them when they are afk but I just messaged Forever and paag with no response. I have to head to work soon but I will let my guys know to play without me if they get the chance.
21.04.2012 - 10:27
Cool. I'd like to suggest that in the next round you guys set the games up through PMs, getting a time and composition that is good for both CLNs.
----

25.04.2012 - 13:57
Updated the tournament with the coalitions that dropped out due to inactivity or other reasons:

• The Dead Rabbits
  • Fruit is Manly
  • Bite Me Too
  • Zero Legend

Also gave a win to U.L.P. since European Clan did not respond to my PMs or contacted me about getting a match.

Regarding the WBL vs AOW match, I'm giving them one more day, since whenever one coalition can play, the other can't. Tomorrow @ 19h00 GMT I'm hopefully updating this thread again with the winners of the match.
----

26.04.2012 - 13:58
Updating the coalition tournament.

I gave the win on WBL vs AOW to WBL. Here's my reasoning behind it.

Both coalitions had a hard time having their teams online to play the match. I've followed and - I'm sorry for it - harassed all their leaders to try and get a match going. Even created games myself and then invited them. That said, I think it's unfair that both coalitions should be penalized with a -1 point since both had players, both contacted me and both tried getting a match. I'm giving the win to WBL because they seemed to be the one more interested in getting a match going and in the few occasions where both had their ideal set of teams online, AOW just seemed uninterested in getting a match.

Therefore, in my judgement, WBL is the coalition that deserves this.

Moving on, I've updated the board and will be sending PMs to their leaders along the day.
----

26.04.2012 - 14:31
LDK
Account deleted
Not really fair since We asked and asked against WBL and they still didnt want to play us. We even had a extended deadline and still they didnt do shit.
26.04.2012 - 16:26
@LDK As I spoke to you earlier, you and WBL have till sunday to get a match ( ; I left the scores at a tie.
----

26.04.2012 - 16:57
Played = Byzantia Won didn't get a screenshot though....
26.04.2012 - 16:58
Written by b0nker2, 26.04.2012 at 16:57

Played = Byzantia Won didn't get a screenshot though....

Aristo did:

----

27.04.2012 - 22:23
27.04.2012 - 22:49
I DC'd for a bit in there due to Internet that decides when and when not to work. Day before this I DC'd in a world game for about 40 minutes before I could fix internet. But at least I reconnected in time to fend off TopHats's 1st capital attack.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
27.04.2012 - 23:50
I know that it wasn't a completely fair game, sorry.

You shouldn't play games that matter if you think you may dc.
28.04.2012 - 00:11
Written by NateBaller, 27.04.2012 at 23:50

I know that it wasn't a completely fair game, sorry.

You shouldn't play games that matter if you think you may dc.

Can't predict em so I just take a crack every once and a while.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
28.04.2012 - 08:19
Eagle soldiers victory

----

[center][img][/img]
03.05.2012 - 12:18
Less than a week left, folks! Rush those games ( :
----

03.05.2012 - 13:15
----
╭∩╮(︶︹︺)╭∩╮
asleep for now zzz
08.05.2012 - 15:23
 VRIL

gg
08.05.2012 - 21:41
Nice. Well played guys.

Third round starts tomorrow @ 19h gmt/utc!
----

10.05.2012 - 10:32
Gentlemen, third round started. A few disclaimers:

• In the table, W.O. wins are the ones where both teams scored 0, but one of them won.
  • BiteMe reported not being able to get a match against ULP and Hellenic Macedonians reported not getting one with European Clan.
  • To avoid such events in the future, I'm stating a new rule: coalitions that are inactive for two rounds in a row will be removed from the tournament. This round will count, thus if ULP or European Clan do not play their games in the Third Round, they will be removed from the tournament.

I'll be sending a PM to everyone in a bit.

Cya.
----

12.05.2012 - 15:22
13.05.2012 - 17:17
I've devised a way to mathematically appoint the MVP - Most Valuable Player. Basically, whenever you play, you get points based on the performance of the coalition you fought. Ties will be resolved by amount of games played.
----

atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word