Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by notserral, 29.03.2012 - 14:08
The Coalition Tournament

Next deadline for playing the games:

June 20th, 19h00 GMT

Click here for the Challonge page

A large scale tournament, my friends. Inspired by messing with equations and dark mathematics in the suggestions area, I bring you The Great Coalition Tournament. The idea is that EVERY coalition is welcome and the higher the participation the better. Each coalition can enlist only one team, and just like in coalition wars, they can change the players at will, if the original setup can't play. As in, you enlist your coalition, but when it's time to play you can assemble your team from any player in your cln. Also, the games don't need to be CWs, they can be standard team games.

The idea is to have Swiss-system rounds, where teams are paired according to their performance on the tournament, and then proceed with the top teams into an elimination round.

How the Swiss tournament type works
The amount of rounds is determined by the logarithmic binary of the amount of players - 2 rounds for 4 players, 3 for 8, 4 for 16, 5 for 32 and so on - and players are seeded according to rank (in this case, the coalition competence). The first pairing is made between the top seeds and the bottom seeds (doing otherwise would tamper with the ranking needed to decide further pairings), so in a 16 teams case, matches will happen between the 1st and the 9th, 2nd and 10th, 3rd and 11th and so forth. When there's an odd number of teams, a bye (kinda like a free win) is awarded to the lowest ranked player who has not yet received one.

From the second round onwards, matches are made with players with similar records and similar rankings. So, if you're 1-0 you'll be matched against the 1-0 team with the ranking (competence) closest to yours. Wins are 3 points and ties will be 0, and since there isn't a tie scenario for Afterwind, it will be used in case of negligence from both parties - as in neither of them tried scheduling a game or contacting me about not being able to.

After the Swiss tournament phase, the top half of the players will be moved on to the elimination phase.

The tournament starts April 13th so that we can have time to enlist coalitions. Each round will last one week, so that participating coalitions can arrange games without pressure. This first topic will be updated as soon as the games start, with brackets and more information to you guys.

Round Duration:
Two weeks, with the deadline for screenshot / results submission being every other Wednesday 19h GMT.

On the case of not being able to get a game, the cln should contact me. On further not being able to schedule a game, a win will be given on a case by case basis. In the case of a match not happening and neither CLN contacting me about it, I will try to contact the CLNs either ingame or through this thread, otherwise a tie will be given (no points to either party).

Match Rules:
Game Type: 3v3 Team Game (if both teams agree, it can be a 2v2)
Map: Europe+
Turn duration: 3 minutes
Starting funds: 10k
Maximum players: 6
Joining until week: 0
Victory: Capture your enemies' capital and hold for 2 turns
Game duration: 50 turns
Rares: No rares
Initial countries: 1 country
+100 cities: On
Allow rejoining: yes
Additional rule: First turn turnblocking(TB), Wallfucking(WF), and Rushing are not allowed. The offending team will be given a loss upon the offended team providing screenshots. If both teams break this rule, the match is to be restarted. Wallfucking a city who was neutral in turn 1 is permitted (just clarifying that wallfucking a neutral city is allowed).

Reporting score:
- Take a screenshot and send it to me or post on this thread.
- Upon cheating (first turn TB, first turn Wallfuck or first turn rushing) the offended team should present screenshots.

Seedings:

1. Byzantia
2. Dalmati
3. BiteMe!
4. Dalmati Pups
5. Deutsche Koalition
6. Stalins Martians
7. Warborn Legion + United We Stand
8. The Dead Rabbits
9. U.L.P.
----------------
10. Eagle Soldiers
11. Syndicate
12. Zero-Legend
13. Fruit is Manly
14. Hellenic Macedonians
15. BiteMe Too!
16. Art of War + WarTime Heroes
17. U.L.A.P.
18. European Clan

And that's it guys, hope you like the format. If you have any suggestions or advice, I'm open to PMs or just post them in this thread.

( :
14.05.2012 - 15:16
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
14.05.2012 - 20:07
The entire weekend I looked for European Clan, but they never have 3 players on, and now i can't log in again until I'm done with finals, so what should we do?
14.05.2012 - 22:25
When do your finals end? Try sending them a PM to schedule a game, might be easier.
----
Written by Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
15.05.2012 - 17:43
1217 SP , FUCK YEAH

----

[center][img][/img]
15.05.2012 - 18:28
Written by notserral, 14.05.2012 at 22:25

When do your finals end? Try sending them a PM to schedule a game, might be easier.

Friday, but the issue is that we almost always have at least 3 members on, but we only have 2 that can CW (Spart and I), and we both live in the US, and the European Clan leaders do get on nearly every day, but at different times, and I thought that the deadline was tomorrow, nvm then

Thanks,

ps: EVERYONE: Make sure to watch the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!!!!!! this Saturday, Bayern will own Chelsea, but it'll still be a great game (I'd have preferred a Barca-Real final tho )
16.05.2012 - 00:11
Lfc YNWA
Account deleted
Written by Covid19, 15.05.2012 at 17:43

1217 SP , FUCK YEAH

Sorry, Pulse please do not accept this.

My Reasons for why -

According to our clan war rules, One must never be played without the permision of 2 leaders.

Merck was the only leader, and Alex (the other leader online at the time) did not want to play. So Technically, the CW (Team play) shouldnt of counted.

Also, I personally told skenderbeu that we wouldn't play until I am online. He agreed , but didn't listen and carried on, which i am very mad at.

So I am offering a rematch of this. Eagles against AoW but this time, me and Lynch (8,7) against Eagles - Skenderbeu and Cynadide ( 8,7)
16.05.2012 - 00:26
I agree with lfc. I also don't know who gave the permission to play this game when it should have been a team decision, but i do intend to find out what truly happened. Also lfc did make arrangements with Skenderbeu the day before that they agreed to and did not honor.
----
╭∩╮(︶︹︺)╭∩╮
asleep for now zzz
16.05.2012 - 07:25
HAHAHAHAH
Are u fuckin kidding me? lol
I joined Afterwind and after 1 second AlexMeza asked me to do the game ( So i did not ask it)
There was not only 1 leader, there were Alex (=Person who asked to do the game) Merck and Lild ( Who ,when i answered to Alex that i can do a 2vs2 8 and 7 rank, he left and Physikus joined .... Randomness?? Idk)

AoW, i have no words for you , i can only say that u are fucking chated noob players, expecially u LDK.

The game must be accepted , and there will not be a 2° game.
----

[center][img][/img]
16.05.2012 - 11:16
I did get conformation form Alex that he did ok the match and it was played legally. The match has to be accepted as a loss despite previous arrangements made with the eagles.
btw mfw skenderbeu calling people noobs xD
----
╭∩╮(︶︹︺)╭∩╮
asleep for now zzz
16.05.2012 - 11:53
Lfc YNWA
Account deleted
Written by Covid19, 16.05.2012 at 07:25

The game must be accepted , and there will not be a 2° game.

When you are doing a experiment for science, you do not do the experiment once. You Do it twice, or Thrice. Why? To make the test more accurate. If you can beat us once. Beat us twice or even Thrice.

Eagle Soldiers, If you want words I will give you words.

- The only player in your clan i like is Cyanide because of the respect he has for me and the respect i have for him. He does not call me a noob, and if you can only see the private message's he sends me. You "do not" train the player. He only learnt how to Imp Turkey by my Imp Turkey 100+ Tutorial video on youtube that he saw.
- You are a noob.

If you played a rank 6 while you were 7,8. Tbh i understand and respect that there was a rank 9 there. But Rank 9 (mercksaint) hasnt been playing for a long time, and is very rusty. Physikus ,rank 6, hasnt got all the upgrades that you have. Surely you can whip his ass.

Like i said. If you can beat us once. Surely you can beat us twice? or even thrice?

Only thing is.. prove it. With a rematch today. That is if ...

... you can beat us in a rematch (with me and lynchski only...)

And ill give you a proposal. If You beat me and Lynchski, AoW WILL NEVER ASK YOU FOR A CW AGAIN. We WILL NEVER ASK YOU OR ANNOY YOU OR TROLL YOU IN ANYWAY.

But only if you beat us.

This will determine who is the best out of our clan in a FAIR game.

Are you a Eagle or a Pidgeon?
16.05.2012 - 12:16
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and suck now ,

Lynch u are noobs because u ask to not accept the game cos u lost.... pfff .....it is not eagle soldiers guilty if u lost , it is your players guilty.
Next time tell your players what are the rules, who will play , what u should do.

And LDK , CyaNide dont know English and trust me he have not so mach respect for u as u think.

And there werent arrangments , only one arrangment there was is that i would have told u when i would be ready for the game, because u was annoying me.

I'm not frighten LDK for ur troll so do what u want , we will fight AoW again , but not for Clan tournment.
----

[center][img][/img]
16.05.2012 - 12:21
Written by Covid19, 16.05.2012 at 12:16

Lynch u are noobs because u ask to not accept the game cos u lost....

Written by Lynchski, 16.05.2012 at 11:16

I did get conformation form Alex that he did ok the match and it was played legally. The match has to be accepted as a loss despite previous arrangements made with the eagles.

... you are stupid. I rest my case.
----
╭∩╮(︶︹︺)╭∩╮
asleep for now zzz
16.05.2012 - 12:38
 YOBA
Er, Skenderbreu... they accepted they have lost. Give it a break.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
16.05.2012 - 13:47
Written by Lynchski, 16.05.2012 at 12:21

Written by Covid19, 16.05.2012 at 12:16

Lynch u are noobs because u ask to not accept the game cos u lost....

Written by Lynchski, 16.05.2012 at 11:16

... you are stupid. I rest my case.

Man i understand u accepted the lost , i was just explain why i called u a noob ( or i tryed to explain , idk if understood , my english is not good)
----

[center][img][/img]
16.05.2012 - 13:52
The match has been played, its to Pulse to decide weather the score is to be accepted or not.

@ everyone: Please stop abusing this thread with personal issue's.
@ Pulse: Please tell us if the score is accepted, so there is no more discussion.
----
16.05.2012 - 14:06
Written by Hugosch, 16.05.2012 at 13:52

The match has been played, its to Pulse to decide weather the score is to be accepted or not.

@ everyone: Please stop abusing this thread with personal issue's.
@ Pulse: Please tell us if the score is accepted, so there is no more discussion.

Dude tell me where is the doubt so Pulse have to choose?
----

[center][img][/img]
16.05.2012 - 14:10
I'm not judging anything or saying there is anything for Pulse to doubt. I just ask him to give us a awnser so this useless discussion will stop.
----
16.05.2012 - 21:47
My god people please keep it together. Flame wars are a poor use for a forum. Lets just flip a virtual coin to see if AoW gets the rematch it deserves. Now someone call heads and someone call tails for I will find a coin flipping app on the internet.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
16.05.2012 - 22:52
Thank you Hugo. Yes, since AoW confirmed the match to be accepted, it will. But as Merck is a leader, it would have been accepted anyway.

And seeing as both ULP and European Clan are very inactive (I don't think European Clan played a single match in the tournament yet), they will be removed if they do not play this one.
----

17.05.2012 - 09:57
Guest70492
Account deleted
Hi all iam Avatar but iam baned from forum post so i used this guest to post my victory
17.05.2012 - 10:13
Written by Guest, 17.05.2012 at 09:57

Hi all iam Avatar but iam baned from forum post so i used this guest to post my victory

That is played without i knew it, i went afk and then they got my players into the game and i told them to cancel it, and my players left. So it doesnt count as an win it was made without i knew it and V-dog115 our 2nd leader didnt know about the tournament he just thought he was gonna play against them in a cw. So i dont think it count as a win.
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
Once Martian - Always Martian.
17.05.2012 - 10:49
Written by Guest, 17.05.2012 at 10:25

Iam AVATAR baned from forum post
yes after aladin failed to take sank peterburg russia he leave.i take from ukraine and kill aladin general
also you 2 leader know that we play for coalition tournoment i told him so he acept.so stop lier man

you are like art of war

what should eagleemparor to do again eaglesoldiers coalition when they failed in 1 turn to leave game and i to post in forum
iam 1 leader ulap play again eaglesoldier without me to know stop be kids i also asked stalins martians leaders one week they all refuse reject to play.
or val to post avatar dont knowed for coalition tournoments. i dont know why you sing in in this tournoment when reject to play
finaly when you acept to play and lose and leave you wanted another game.if you lose agan than you will wanted new games

Avatar, if you post using secondary accounts while you are forum banned your punishment will be increased. Please stop.
17.05.2012 - 12:35
U.L.A.P. & Stalins Martians:

Seeing as the game reportedly ended on week 3 and both players left, please play again!
----

19.05.2012 - 12:20
Ok. So i screwed up on the screenshot leaving the game after ctrl+c lol. So i had to go to my profile for the winning sp and babisili's profile for the losing team (he was the only player who surrendered therefore had history of this game)

So Warborn Legion beat Hellenic Macedonians.

As you hopefully see its the same game i have more sp and babisili has very little.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
19.05.2012 - 13:46
You can take a look at mine and undisputed's profile as well
19.05.2012 - 17:56
Yes its true we lost i confirm it.
19.05.2012 - 22:43
Thanks, gentlemen.
----

20.05.2012 - 03:23
Im Tophats Friend :O!
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
Once Martian - Always Martian.
22.05.2012 - 18:29
Guys, reminder that there are 24h left for the games.
----

23.05.2012 - 14:26
Hello fine gentlemen.

Round 4 has officially started, with U.L.P. and European Clan out of the competition due to inactivity, and Dalmati and BiteMe fighting fiercely for the lead while AoW, Syndicate, U.L.A.P. and Stalins Martians fight for a spot among the Top 8. The greatest surprise is Eagle Soldiers, who came out of nowhere and are holding their place hard among the finalists. I've also removed the image as it seemed to not be updating. You can check the pairings and current scores by clicking here.

Without further ado, here are the pairings for the next two weeks:

Dalmati vs BiteMe
Byzantia vs U.L.A.P.
Warborn Legion vs Syndicate
Dalmati Pups vs Stalins Martians
Eagle Soldiers vs Deutsche Koalition
Hellenic Macedonians vs Art of War

And, the current ranking of the Most Valuable Player (one of the medals to be awarded):

1. Acquiesce
2. Fruit
3. LuciusII
3. TopHats
5. Houdini
5. Vaglneer
5. Countatomic
5. Pentanion
5. Caulerpa
5. Hugosch
5. Bargain

(yes, there is a lot of ties)
----

atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word