Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by Permamuted, 28.12.2017 - 13:46
I know i said i was going to step away from any strat changes but doing so just because of the flaming/harassment from a small number of loud players is a poor reason. Players are asking for a few changes and I know nobody else will do it. I was going to wait until the buildings are live but Ivan tells me thats a few months away yet because coding is required and clovis is busy with the mapmaker. Here is what we've got so far.

Desert Storm:

-1 defence to helicopters.

Many players are asking for this. It's hard to deny that it's needed. It is also a pretty minor nerf and will fix that issue where you send a mixed stack of inf/helis at a city to contest expansion and the helis defend randomly instead of the infantry due to them both having the same defensive stat.

Master of Stealth:

-1 attack +1 defence to infantry.

An interesting suggestion by trollface/chess. Personally i think it is worth betaing for a while at least. Anyone who plays mos can attest to its' poor defensive capabilities. The strat definitely struggles in close quarters vs all the competitive strategies even within its niche and this would help remedy that. While it weakens mos' t1 expansion slightly it does improve its' expansion contesting capabilities with mixed marine/inf stacks. The overall net effect should be that of a boost to the strat. It should expand upon the strategies niche where it is only good if played far away from any opponents.

Guerilla Warfare:

Remove marine defense bonus vs infantry.

Gw militia had 5 defence until amok fixed the city defense bonus bug. Defence bonuses were removed from all strats except for gw which was accidentally skipped over. However gw is a very popular strat so most people were ok with it. Gw counters the infantry based strats pretty hard so they do need this.

Blitzkrieg:

+1 range to all units

The idea to to improve the strats unique playstyle as a counter to defensive players.

Iron fist:

+1 range to militia.

This was suggested 5 years ago but not implemented as it was too controversial. Almost all the strategies have been boosted since then and now iron fist finds itself in competition with lb. This will give the strat the ability to use its militia to wall.

Lucky Bastard:

-3 crit to all units

The strat has been continually boosted since its original nerf from +15 crit back in 2011/2012. Almost all the strats have seen boosts since that time and we are now at +13 crit as well as having the cost nerfs to the infantry and militia removed. We've gone too far and need to take a step back. The strategies primary units are militia, inf, tanks and transports. It boasts close to pd defence and ironfist attack without the range nerfs. The only nerfs on the strat are to its tanks and transports. This is not enough given all the benefits.

Feel free to throw out any other suggestions/ideas you have regarding these or any of the other strategies. Maybe its time to revisit blitz or LB. I will update the thread as we go. Please keep it constructive and civil. I will be deleting any trolling/flaming or offtopic comments. Also please refrain from adding the usual reactionary posts to this thread. Let the fun begin.
05.01.2018 - 17:28
Written by Permamuted, 05.01.2018 at 17:03

Written by Abraham, 05.01.2018 at 16:17

I think this small change wouldn't be enough for iron fist. Let's give this strategy an opportunity to be selected for larger maps as well.
Add what I suggested, +1 to air transport for range and capacity. Since this will be an experimental phase, if these changes turn out to be too strong, we can fix it.

Im a believer in 1 step at a time. That change wouldnt make much of a difference. To make ironfist even viable on large maps youd need to completely reinvent the strat.

We will not know for sure until we try. I think this will slightly balance the strategy that is already full of shortcomings. But I'm willing to wait for step by step changes.
05.01.2018 - 22:40
Written by Permamuted, 05.01.2018 at 17:03

Written by Abraham, 05.01.2018 at 16:17

I think this small change wouldn't be enough for iron fist. Let's give this strategy an opportunity to be selected for larger maps as well.
Add what I suggested, +1 to air transport for range and capacity. Since this will be an experimental phase, if these changes turn out to be too strong, we can fix it.

Im a believer in 1 step at a time. That change wouldnt make much of a difference. To make ironfist even viable on large maps youd need to completely reinvent the strat.

Some tweaks on ironfist would be nice, but completely reinventing it is too far I think. It's purpose is pure power at the cost of limited mobility which seems fair, adding more mobility on to it is like trying to mount a sniper scope on to a shotgun.
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
05.01.2018 - 22:42
Written by PleaseMe, 04.01.2018 at 15:40

Written by Permamuted, 04.01.2018 at 12:58

Blitz: should stay constant, currently it works well depending on the situation, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Iron First: It's already great for close combat, and +1 range won't do anything really except maybe be able to attack rome with miltia without using General or AT's.
Iron Fist: -75 cost AT, +1 range sea trans, -10 cost Infantry,
Just imagine this being some type of viable for cws since it's actually never used unless playing UK or France in a 1v1.

Lucky Bastard: Clearly overpowered at the moment, +5 more cost for all units.

MOS: -1 attack, +1 defence to infantry. AND -1 attack, +1 range for militia. +1 defense for marines, The reason i call for +1 defense is because every other attack unit along with their strat for example SM/Bomber, DS/Heli, RA/Tank, all have 4 defense for their attack units, MOS is the only one that has 3 defense for its attack unit.

I kind of agree with most of you say about IF but the -10 cost inf...what, are you going for a buffed pd?
Pd with severely overpowered tanks, inf having 1 less range than pd inf, mils having stronger defence than pd mils, cheaper air trans...

Also +1 range for mils isn't not just going to do anything, it will do everything. You're going to make IF op. Also I play IF france, germ and ukraine regularly.

LB isn't overpowered, it's just very versatile. It can literally be played as any country.

I disagree with your MoS nerf though, remember that in early game MoS will expand using infantry. Almost every strat with the exceptions of GC and GW do that. However, gc has strong cheaper tanks while gw has severely overpowered marines.

+1 defence for marines...not sure, will it really have an effect? I mean...if I used marines to defend I would conclude that I was doing something wrong.
----

05.01.2018 - 23:05
Support IF boost! Will make strat more viable on larger maps.
06.01.2018 - 01:57
No, if is already really good by itself
06.01.2018 - 03:33
Written by Permamuted, 28.12.2017 at 13:46

I know i said i was going to step away from any strat changes but doing so just because of the flaming/harassment from a small number of loud players is a poor reason. Players are asking for a few changes and I know nobody else will do it. I was going to wait until the buildings are live but Ivan tells me thats a few months away yet because coding is required and clovis is busy with the mapmaker. Here is what we've got so far.

Desert Storm:

-1 defence to helicopters.

Many players are asking for this. It's hard to deny that it's needed. It is also a pretty minor nerf and will fix that issue where you send a mixed stack of inf/helis at a city to contest expansion and the helis defend randomly instead of the infantry due to them both having the same defensive stat.

Master of Stealth:

-1 attack +1 defence to infantry.

An interesting suggestion by trollface/chess. Personally i think it is worth betaing for a while at least. Anyone who plays mos can attest to its' poor defensive capabilities. The strat definitely struggles in close quarters vs all the competitive strategies even within its niche and this would help remedy that. While it weakens mos' t1 expansion slightly it does improve its' expansion contesting capabilities with mixed marine/inf stacks. The overall net effect should be that of a boost to the strat.

Guerilla Warfare:

Remove marine defense bonus vs infantry.

Gw militia had 5 defence until amok fixed the city defense bonus bug. Defence bonuses were removed from all strats except for gw which was accidentally skipped over. However gw is a very popular strat so most people were ok with it. Gw counters the infantry based strats pretty hard so they do need this.

Blitzkrieg:

+1 range to all units

Discuss.

Iron fist:

+1 range to militia.

This was suggested 5 years ago but not implemented as it was too controversial. It has popped up in every strat change discussion thread over the past few years but i think it's worth discussing again. Almost all the strategies have been boosted since then and now iron fist finds itself in competition with lb. What do people think?

Feel free to throw out any other suggestions/ideas you have regarding these or any of the other strategies. Maybe its time to revisit blitz or LB. I will update the thread as we go. Please keep it constructive and civil. I will be deleting any trolling/flaming or offtopic comments. Also please refrain from adding the usual reactionary posts to this thread. Let the fun begin.

give hw a chance ?
-30 cost for tanks? or +1 def for tans and +1 att for infs -10 cost for tanks
its so much weak already
----
*enough atwar, leaving it for the game of real life
06.01.2018 - 04:51
 Don
Quote:
Give hw a chance ?
its so much weak already

hw is k.
maybe +1 capacity for at, and he doesn't need anything else
----

Fears are strong
06.01.2018 - 05:00
Quote:
Written by Don, 06.01.2018 at 04:51

Give hw a chance ?
its so much weak already

hw is k.

it's clear he doesn't even play HW
----
Do you fear death? Do you fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bare. All your sins punished.
06.01.2018 - 05:47
''I think its worth discussing again''

> 2 people mentioned it without even supporting their claims as in why its needed

> Says he will mail ivan

----

Written by Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
06.01.2018 - 07:25
Written by Waffel, 06.01.2018 at 05:47

> 2 people mentioned it without even supporting their claims as in why its needed

> Says he will mail ivan

Written by Acquiesce, 01.01.2018 at 20:08

Support heli change and IF +1 militia range

Written by Cthulhu, 05.01.2018 at 23:05

Support IF boost! Will make strat more viable on larger maps.

Written by Legendary Hero, 04.01.2018 at 02:13

Iron Fist: I support

Written by Alexis, 03.01.2018 at 12:06

IF: +1 def for mili nope. I think +1 range on mili just for walling purposes is totally good.

Written by Abraham, 29.12.2017 at 08:23

Iron fist
I suggest to add +1 range for iron fist militia for walling purposes

Written by Guest, 05.01.2018 at 22:40

Some tweaks on ironfist would be nice

Written by Permamuted, 04.01.2018 at 12:58

I support IF change

https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=5454

https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=18938
----
06.01.2018 - 07:32
Written by Conscious Huarck, 06.01.2018 at 03:33

give hw a chance ?
its so much weak already

Written by Permamuted, 22.06.2016 at 13:28

Hw should be deleted as ive said before. I pushed for it to be boosted since some ppl enjoy it and it is just short of being good right now. But to make it competitive youd need to boost the inf or tanks(usurping gc) or the marines/militia(usurping gw). It would need to be reinvented entirely since it brings nothing new to the table. It has no niche or perhaps 1 so obscure that i have not found it yet.
----
06.01.2018 - 07:35
Written by Permamuted, 06.01.2018 at 07:32

If it matters anything i oppose deleting hw as well. It's in bad taste to delete strategy that people like unless there is a strong motive behind it. if you can't boost it just let it be it addes alot to world games and euro duels.
----

06.01.2018 - 07:37
Written by Rock Lee, 06.01.2018 at 07:35

If it matters i oppose deleting it as well. It's in bad taste to delete strategy that people like unless there is a strong motive behind it. if you can't boost it just let it be it addes alot to world games and euro duels.

Yea its not going anywhere.
----
06.01.2018 - 07:38
Written by Permamuted, 06.01.2018 at 07:37

Yea its not going anywhere.

Sorry i probably misunderstood your message or something
----

06.01.2018 - 08:13
Nice deleting my messages....Dont change strat. Before you change anything for balance perpose you need to FUQING TEST IT.When i say teast i mean atleast 2-3 weeks of test so you dont mess everything up....There are other priorities for this game dont waste time with this things we can live like we did last 8 years.
----
06.01.2018 - 08:22
Written by JUGERS2, 06.01.2018 at 08:13

Nice deleting my messages....Dont change strat. Before you change anything for balance perpose you need to FUQING TEST IT.When i say teast i mean atleast 2-3 weeks of test so you dont mess everything up....There are other priorities for this game dont waste time with this things we can live like we did last 8 years.

I agree with this. Maybe instead of changing the main site's strats, the changes will be done on the test server?
06.01.2018 - 08:43
Written by Abraham, 06.01.2018 at 08:22

I agree with this. Maybe instead of changing the main site's strats, the changes will be done on the test server?

go on and play in the test server and let the endless of illogical rolls write down your opinion
----
Our next Moments are Tomorrows Memories
06.01.2018 - 08:51
Written by SyrianDevil, 06.01.2018 at 08:43

go on and play in the test server and let the endless of illogical rolls write down your opinion

If Ivan unlocks all the upgrades for all ranks and gives us general for experiments, I'll try it, and it's not that there are no irrational rolls on the main server
06.01.2018 - 08:59

I deleted some of your spam about 3 pages ago but nothing since.

The test server is for radical changes to the game not for minor changes like this. We need actual players playing, dueling and cwing with these changes daily to get decent feedback. The buildings got implemented and people tested them for about an hour and now nobody goes near it. Waste of time.

Besides spare us the melodrama. A few strat changes couldnt possibly mess everything up.
----
06.01.2018 - 09:04
Written by Permamuted, 06.01.2018 at 08:59

I deleted some of your spam about 3 pages ago but nothing since.

The test server is for radical changes to the game not for minor changes like this. We need actual players playing, dueling and cwing with these changes daily to get decent feedback. The buildings got implemented and people tested them for about an hour and now nobody goes near it. Waste of time.

Besides spare us the melodrama. A few strat changes couldnt possibly mess everything up.

Thats what you think....
----
06.01.2018 - 09:05
Written by Abraham, 06.01.2018 at 08:51

Written by SyrianDevil, 06.01.2018 at 08:43

If Ivan unlocks all the upgrades for all ranks and gives us general for experiments, I'll try it, and it's not that there are no irrational rolls on the main server

I proposed it but 0 response
----
06.01.2018 - 09:23

The buildings got implemented and people tested them for about an hour and now nobody goes near it. Waste of time.

True though it's an opportunity to change it but I understand why not.
06.01.2018 - 10:47
Written by Abraham, 06.01.2018 at 09:23

The buildings got implemented and people tested them for about an hour and now nobody goes near it. Waste of time.

True though it's a opportunity to change it but I understand why not.

Like we can test them with 0 upgrades no general no strategys....they do what they say in description.
----
06.01.2018 - 11:01
Written by JUGERS2, 06.01.2018 at 10:47

Written by Abraham, 06.01.2018 at 09:23

True though it's a opportunity to change it but I understand why not.

Like we can test them with 0 upgrades no general no strategys....they do what they say in description.

06.01.2018 - 11:28
Thats what happens when you cry because of the +1 def in city for inf just because you got bad rolls
----
Our next Moments are Tomorrows Memories
06.01.2018 - 11:53
When will these changes be effective? a few days? weeks? months..?
06.01.2018 - 11:58
Written by Apocalypse, 06.01.2018 at 11:53

When will these changes be effective? a few days? weeks? months..?

Might be never.
He never said Ivan said yes...
----
Do you fear death? Do you fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bare. All your sins punished.
06.01.2018 - 12:35
Quote:
Written by Don, 06.01.2018 at 04:51

Give hw a chance ?
its so much weak already

hw is k.

hahaha, +1 at would make hw OP
06.01.2018 - 13:54
Galerius
Account deleted
A summary would be appreciated in the end for those who don't have the courage to read all those comments, (and potentially even include in this summary the main ideas that were finally not selected).

Thanks to the supporters for their dedication
06.01.2018 - 17:08
I think imperialist is a little under powered
----
im batman
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word