Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by Permamuted, 28.12.2017 - 13:46
I know i said i was going to step away from any strat changes but doing so just because of the flaming/harassment from a small number of loud players is a poor reason. Players are asking for a few changes and I know nobody else will do it. I was going to wait until the buildings are live but Ivan tells me thats a few months away yet because coding is required and clovis is busy with the mapmaker. Here is what we've got so far.

Desert Storm:

-1 defence to helicopters.

Many players are asking for this. It's hard to deny that it's needed. It is also a pretty minor nerf and will fix that issue where you send a mixed stack of inf/helis at a city to contest expansion and the helis defend randomly instead of the infantry due to them both having the same defensive stat.

Master of Stealth:

-1 attack +1 defence to infantry.

An interesting suggestion by trollface/chess. Personally i think it is worth betaing for a while at least. Anyone who plays mos can attest to its' poor defensive capabilities. The strat definitely struggles in close quarters vs all the competitive strategies even within its niche and this would help remedy that. While it weakens mos' t1 expansion slightly it does improve its' expansion contesting capabilities with mixed marine/inf stacks. The overall net effect should be that of a boost to the strat. It should expand upon the strategies niche where it is only good if played far away from any opponents.

Guerilla Warfare:

Remove marine defense bonus vs infantry.

Gw militia had 5 defence until amok fixed the city defense bonus bug. Defence bonuses were removed from all strats except for gw which was accidentally skipped over. However gw is a very popular strat so most people were ok with it. Gw counters the infantry based strats pretty hard so they do need this.

Blitzkrieg:

+1 range to all units

The idea to to improve the strats unique playstyle as a counter to defensive players.

Iron fist:

+1 range to militia.

This was suggested 5 years ago but not implemented as it was too controversial. Almost all the strategies have been boosted since then and now iron fist finds itself in competition with lb. This will give the strat the ability to use its militia to wall.

Lucky Bastard:

-3 crit to all units

The strat has been continually boosted since its original nerf from +15 crit back in 2011/2012. Almost all the strats have seen boosts since that time and we are now at +13 crit as well as having the cost nerfs to the infantry and militia removed. We've gone too far and need to take a step back. The strategies primary units are militia, inf, tanks and transports. It boasts close to pd defence and ironfist attack without the range nerfs. The only nerfs on the strat are to its tanks and transports. This is not enough given all the benefits.

Feel free to throw out any other suggestions/ideas you have regarding these or any of the other strategies. Maybe its time to revisit blitz or LB. I will update the thread as we go. Please keep it constructive and civil. I will be deleting any trolling/flaming or offtopic comments. Also please refrain from adding the usual reactionary posts to this thread. Let the fun begin.
02.02.2018 - 10:56
Written by Permamuted, 02.02.2018 at 10:06

Time to talk about an LB nerf. There are so many screenshots of insane lb rolls floating around so i dont think i need to repost them. Instead lets talk about the strat itself.

The strat has been continually boosted since its original nerf from +15 crit back in 2011/2012. Almost all the strats have seen boosts since that time and we are now at +13 crit as well as having the cost nerfs to the infantry and militia removed. We've gone too far and need to take a step back. The strategies primary units are militia, inf, tanks and transports. It boasts close to pd defence and ironfist attack without the range nerfs. The only nerfs on the strat are to its tanks and transports. This is not enough given all the benefits. So lets talk about what nerf we should add.

Personally I am favouring restoring +10 cost to infantry. Opinions/other suggestions?

-6/-7 Critical to infantry, tanks and militia.
02.02.2018 - 11:55
Written by Wheelo, 02.02.2018 at 10:56

scaling back the criticals is also a good option. How far is debateable. The strat is basically enhanced none at the moment. The infantry cost nerf is what has made it so usable across various duel settings so perhaps we shouldnt remove that.
----
03.02.2018 - 07:27

Time to talk about an LB nerf. There are so many screenshots of insane lb rolls floating around so i dont think i need to repost them. Instead lets talk about the strat itself.

The strat has been continually boosted since its original nerf from +15 crit back in 2011/2012. Almost all the strats have seen boosts since that time and we are now at +13 crit as well as having the cost nerfs to the infantry and militia removed. We've gone too far and need to take a step back. The strategies primary units are militia, inf, tanks and transports. It boasts close to pd defence and ironfist attack without the range nerfs. The only nerfs on the strat are to its tanks and transports. This is not enough given all the benefits. So lets talk about what nerf we should add.

Personally I am favouring restoring +10 cost to infantry. Opinions/other suggestions?

Making it 6 or 7 critical to infatry will make it useless.Just add +10 to inf like laochra said.That should do the trick.
03.02.2018 - 07:28
And those who say gw is op,they just dont know good turkey or cant use brain how to defeat it.End of story.
03.02.2018 - 07:29
 4nic
Why u add LB just cause of eagle and syrians pointless crying
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

03.02.2018 - 07:33
Written by 4nic, 28.01.2018 at 08:02

Gw needs a nerf in the same direction as DS was nerfed a year ago.

-1 defense to milita, the marine def bonus is too minor for a nerf.

Hahahahahahahahaha why we dont make it 2def for militia?
03.02.2018 - 07:34
 4nic
Written by Nations, 03.02.2018 at 07:33

sure
----
~Napoleon

03.02.2018 - 07:43
Written by 4nic, 03.02.2018 at 07:34

Written by Nations, 03.02.2018 at 07:33

sure

Gw militia has 6def in city 30cost and shit range.Adding to that ATs and STs range and price nerf,hope you can understand gw militia in kiev just sit there and do nothing.30 cost for imp infatry with 6def 3att normal range and 30cost mil with 5def is ok i guess but no gw mil with 6def 4att and weak range is bad i guess.
03.02.2018 - 07:57
I suggest delete all strategies and make none the only great strat so people stop crying for nerf strat
03.02.2018 - 09:29
Written by Nations, 03.02.2018 at 07:27

Making it 6 or 7 critical to infatry will make it useless.Just add +10 to inf like laochra said.That should do the trick.

Other way around. Adding 10 cost will make it unplayable in early-game. And GW is overpowered, invisible imp tanks that cost 70? Sure.
03.02.2018 - 14:51
Written by Wheelo, 03.02.2018 at 09:29

Other way around. Adding 10 cost will make it unplayable in early-game. And GW is overpowered, invisible imp tanks that cost 70? Sure.

So you compare gw to imp.Okkkk. Firstly gw has AT and ST range nerf.Secondly,its main defense unit has like 4 range(imao) 4att 5def and 30 cost.Imp militia on other hand has also 5def 2att 2range and 10cost.Gw useless inf.Imp cost inf cost 30(lol) 3att 6def and 6range if im not wrong.Imp tanks 90cost 7att 4def just like gw marines but marines cost 70.Thats the main weapon of gw.Marines.Imp no AT and ST range and cost nerf.Gw cost and range nerf D making 4range militia even more useless.Just because you have a hard time beating gw doesnt mean its op in any way.People like you are stuck with this op logic "i cant beat it so its op".NO.You just not good enough against it.How come i have a hard time beating kappa as gw ukr? Because instead of crying he adapted...
03.02.2018 - 14:54

may i ask what would the guesses be on these players strategies?
----
Our next Moments are Tomorrows Memories
03.02.2018 - 15:35
 4nic
Written by Nations, 03.02.2018 at 14:51

So you compare gw to imp.Okkkk. Firstly gw has AT and ST range nerf.Secondly,its main defense unit has like 4 range(imao) 4att 5def and 30 cost.Imp militia on other hand has also 5def 2att 2range and 10cost.Gw useless inf.Imp cost inf cost 30(lol) 3att 6def and 6range if im not wrong.Imp tanks 90cost 7att 4def just like gw marines but marines cost 70.Thats the main weapon of gw.Marines.Imp no AT and ST range and cost nerf.Gw cost and range nerf D making 4range militia even more useless.Just because you have a hard time beating gw doesnt mean its op in any way.People like you are stuck with this op logic "i cant beat it so its op".NO.You just not good enough against it.How come i have a hard time beating kappa as gw ukr? Because instead of crying he adapted...

no its main defense unit has 6 range, its secondary defense unit has 4 range.
so what if the transes are nerfed it doesent justify why the marines are so cheap yet as strong as tanks.
face it its just over used at this point, and once theres enough neutral land around it just snowballs like crazy with the 4 attack 30 cost militas.

Id argue for a -1 nerf on militas attack but i think -1def is much more fair, and with general militas wont be as strong as IF infantry lol...
----
~Napoleon

03.02.2018 - 15:37
 4nic
Written by SyrianDevil, 03.02.2018 at 14:54

dude lol
24 +gen +stack bonus +6 tanks vs 13 raw infs..

----
~Napoleon

03.02.2018 - 15:45
Written by 4nic, 03.02.2018 at 15:37

Written by SyrianDevil, 03.02.2018 at 14:54

dude lol
24 +gen +stack bonus +6 tanks vs 13 raw infs..

14inf 4tanks 3mil you mean vs 13 inf*
exactly nothing wired 4lb tanks are meant to kill 13 PD inf with 6 units lose so whats the point of using any other strategy?..... a strategy must not be as strong in defense as its in attack as its in range as its in cost at once < cancer
----
Our next Moments are Tomorrows Memories
03.02.2018 - 16:24
No blitz range boost. If you are boosting it, bring a nerf too. lowered crit, attack unit defense or something.
04.02.2018 - 04:37
Written by 4nic, 03.02.2018 at 15:35

so what if the transes are nerfed it doesent justify why the marines are so cheap yet as strong as tanks.
face it its just over used at this point, and once theres enough neutral land around it just snowballs like crazy with the 4 attack 30 cost militas.

Id argue for a -1 nerf on militas attack but i think -1def is much more fair, and with general militas wont be as strong as IF infantry lol...

I stoped reading when i saw "gw militias with gen as strong as IF inf in defense."Also gw mil has 4range not 6.PD is also over used in almost every country imao.Idk what are you trying to do kill all strategies but PD.
04.02.2018 - 05:33
 4nic
Written by Nations, 04.02.2018 at 04:37

I stoped reading when i saw "gw militias with gen as strong as IF inf in defense."Also gw mil has 4range not 6.PD is also over used in almost every country imao.Idk what are you trying to do kill all strategies but PD.

Miltas are secondary defence, so lets say you take a neutral belarus, from it ull get nice 5 secondary defense units with 5 defense and u can spam another 5 main defense units, but nah u wont do that why would you, marines are much much better and you can already have the defense you need from the 5 militas.

Nice, now you have 10 OP units from belarus.
5def 4att 4 range milita(5 of them) and 70 cost invisible tanks with 3+1 def and 7 attack(5 of them).

Okay ill say it again but read it this time okay?
Gw militas with gen are as strong as IF infantry.

No pd is not overused, in scenarios players
would rather pick strategies that affect all units instead of strats that affect just 1 unit. Strats like Imp, LB, IF and blitz.
In RPs most played is Blitz.
In world 50k most played are Mos and SM.
----
~Napoleon

04.02.2018 - 13:23
LB - 3 crit to infantry restoring it to 10? Takes some of the edge off the strat but keeps it relevant.
----
04.02.2018 - 14:06

You take it personal when someone says GW is overpowered. That makes it obvious you are trying to defend something. It's broken. Kappa rushes GW's expansion. A strategy that has to be rushed is not balanced.
05.02.2018 - 14:48
 4nic
Written by Wheelo, 04.02.2018 at 14:06

You take it personal when someone says GW is overpowered. That makes it obvious you are trying to defend something. It's broken. Kappa rushes GW's expansion. A strategy that has to be rushed is not balanced.

truer words havent been said !
----
~Napoleon

05.02.2018 - 14:48
 4nic
Written by Permamuted, 04.02.2018 at 13:23

LB - 3 crit to infantry restoring it to 10? Takes some of the edge off the strat but keeps it relevant.

----
~Napoleon

23.02.2018 - 01:42
Written by 4nic, 04.02.2018 at 05:33

Miltas are secondary defence, so lets say you take a neutral belarus, from it ull get nice 5 secondary defense units with 5 defense and u can spam another 5 main defense units, but nah u wont do that why would you, marines are much much better and you can already have the defense you need from the 5 militas.

5def 4att 4 range milita(5 of them) and 70 cost invisible tanks with 3+1 def and 7 attack(5 of them).

would rather pick strategies that affect all units instead of strats that affect just 1 unit. Strats like Imp, LB, IF and blitz.

So just because gw works nice(like SM) with ukr,we should nerf it.K.Idk how you consider gw mil with 30 cost op when imp has 30cost inf with more range and more def.Also imp mil 10cost same def as gw mil.
23.02.2018 - 07:11
 4nic
Written by Nations, 23.02.2018 at 01:42

Written by 4nic, 04.02.2018 at 05:33

So just because gw works nice(like SM) with ukr,we should nerf it.K.Idk how you consider gw mil with 30 cost op when imp has 30cost inf with more range and more def.Also imp mil 10cost same def as gw mil.

Haha imp militas are far less efficient have 3x less range 2 less attack not at all op if you ask me. While imp infs are also 2 attack less then gw milita not to mention how militas are a secondary unit, which with all other strats besides gw have low usage.

But with gw u spam op defense with them and use all your reinfs to buy the invisible tanks lmaoo

Face the fact that its a super easy and op strat that most of the time wins from unfavorable positions if the player isnt half bad.

-1 def for milita best choice for nerf.
Also nice necro.. D
----
~Napoleon

04.04.2018 - 10:17
Kind of disagree with IF buff here.

IF is a strong strat with excellent rolls (where else do you see 2 tanks killing 9 inf and 2 mils, I mean I had stack bonus but still)
It's playable in both rush (op stack rolls) and slowroll (unbeatable defence).

However, its greatest weakness is being unable to wall with mils. Throughout all my time playing IF, i have never felt the need to use militia. My troops are strong enough.

However, being able to wall will change IF. Now, instead of trying to defend everything with op asf infs, I have to defend only a few cities with my excellent troops.

For example, previously even if i had an air transport i had to leave 8 militia in moscow. Leaving 3 would be suicidal and the enemy would be able to at in and take moscow. Hence, to free up those mils, i'd have to use an at to wall it, before using that at to bring the mils to wherever i needed to.

Now that militia will be able to wall, that changes everything. I can move that 5 militia from rnw. That 5 militia from rc. My opponent now can't attack either of those. In fact, he won't be able to attack anything that he can't wf (which, from experience playing turkey, is a lot).

Now i have troops that kill imp troops in a ratio of 3:1 to defend kiev and attack balkans...only.
----

05.04.2018 - 06:59
Pls nerf RA
06.04.2018 - 14:16
If +1 range to IF mil, better decrease the hp in proportion.
Blitz +1 to transports only maybe, or the reverse, increasing unit range only. It could do with cheaper transports as well, or -5 to militia.
I'm sure sm could do with something, it just doesn't seem competitive compared to other strats nowadays. Maybe add some critical to inf and collateral, or add +1 range to inf or bombers.

GC could do with something like +1 range to tanks. While with lb -2/3 critical would be more than enough, I'd rather something like -1 critical +5 cost. With DS I doubt decreasing helicopters defence by one would do enough, increasing helicopters cost by 10/12 as well would be good I think, perhaps lowering marines cost with/with further increase in cost.
While it seems a bit strange, imp might do with +1 defence to bombers.

GW +10 cost to marines.
06.04.2018 - 14:33
 4nic
Strategies 2018
----
~Napoleon

06.04.2018 - 16:06
I know it's probably a shitty idea, but why not +1 range to iron fist sea transports?
16.04.2018 - 21:14
I'm not aware of many metas and stuff but I do know blitz and a tb on a blitz stack with the -1def to all units AND a possible stack bonus and BAM, Blitz chances gone and with no cost reductions is not like it gonna make a recovery after a single mistake that will cost it a game. I for one support a range buff; That way the gamble of not being able to defend your cap with basically useless inf is nice. Allot of people can agree that blitz is underrated. Maybe I'm bias, but tbh +1 or even 2 range (even more better) would be sexy and It can also help blitz be less predictable. -10 or 20 cost to tanks would make the offensive idea easier to actually pull off, so I welcome that. I am against Tank buff tho, what's the point of RA being in game if the Blitz is considered for a +1 att. No, if anything add +1att to RA. But another nerf to blitz is completely breaking and should not even be an option for a strat that can't even defend in the first place. Abusing Achilles heel further is ridiculous.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word