Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by Alois, 27.01.2018 - 23:30
We have seen the RP area of AtWar go from a decent state to trolling, failed games, etc. It's horrible. And I aim to repair it, no matter the cost. and no troll will get in my way. No matter how much RP is seen as a cancer of AtWar, it is basically impossible to get rid of. Therefore, I am going to ask the community if we should implement some things to repair it, either it is through education, banning all low ranks from RP games until they learn, teaching them from r0, just perm banning trolls from AtWar, getting rid of some maps, or editing maps to make them less-cancerous

If it is voted to improve it, I myself have plans to do so and already have some of them implemented. All players are welcome to join me, independent or by my side, help is appreciated. a better community leads to a better AtWar overall, which brings in more players.

Also, while we're on the topic of improvement of the community, I suggest you all read this post made by Syrian-Force (https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=36434) suggesting we change the rules of AW to get rid of the trolls who have been ruining our community. It makes AtWar look bad, therefore chasing potential players away.

Sincerely,
King Alois

Poll

Improve or keep same and terminate it

Improve
Keep Same

Total votes: 60
28.01.2018 - 21:13
Another thing I see is the fact that some people have different views on what makes a good map, to put it simply just because 2 people play atwar dosent mean they come for the same reasons, we will alwyas be divided to some extent, with that some players cant accept that. Both Rp and Non Rp players are guilty for this. But the Triangle of society never fails to find communities to form itself in
28.01.2018 - 22:00
I'm a causal gamer who just joined At War earlier this year. One thing I love is a good RP game. I really like scenarios and official RPs, but, its a little too overwhelming for me at this point! There's so many different units, and i don't know which ones to use! Lol. So, I usually just stick to the standard "worldwide map" and just label it as RP and have fun there. however, it is hard to manage trollers, i do agree. I would love to hear your ideas on this!
btw, if anyone wants to show me a few pointers id be grateful.
28.01.2018 - 23:34
 Witch-Doctor (Mod)
Written by Al Fappino, 28.01.2018 at 17:18

Written by 4nic, 28.01.2018 at 09:29

RP maps should move more into the direction of scenario maps.

maps like GoT political and Shogunate political are pretty fun to play tbh, and rp map makers should look at these types of maps, as an example of how a role play should look.

^ Exactly.

I remember back when I had my map up and in the frontrun of things the Roleplay Community was more or less contained and "dignified" but that's also related to the maps.

The main problem about the RP Community is the map that legitimizes behaviours.

Cpt. Magic already said the prime reasons for RP to kinda be a failure and I couldn't agree more. RP currently is not RP, it's served by some oportunistic players (the same who with their clan rig games into high positions and keep the game clan-win oriented, they know who they are *cough *cough*) who use RP Maps and the exquisite rules they have to sit there for hours to gangbang (despite current map rules outlawing gangbang) or earn 200sp in the easiest way possible, probably with the same difficulty as WW1 (Let's admit it, WW1 is pretty faulty aswell, at the same level..)
Personally and despite everything I got levelled against me since 2015 onwards, the only reason why I ever played RP or made a RP map was purely for the appealing characteristics Roleplay (not the maps, but Roleplay) adds to a custom map on this game, and I got fond of that idea on other games like Supremacy 1914, Call of War or Renaissance Kingdoms, that had a considerable ammount of Roleplay that added taste to their modes and games itself. The problem with the current RP's and all the RP's that succeeded mine is that makers got too horny with the variety of Units they could have and went over the roof with the absurd ammount of Infantry, Tanks, Planes, Anti-tanks, frigates, corvettes, carriers and anything you can imagine and placed it all on their maps.

A player does not 5 types of the same unit. Personally I'd reluctantly accept 2 types of units for the same unit-type and even so that'd depend on the unit-type we're talking about (talking about RP's, I'd prefer 2 types of tanks with different characteristics than 2 types of infantries or land mines lol, but today we have 4 types of tanks and 5 types of ships for instance, it's ludacris).

So I'd say the main problem about RP is the Units and to some considerable extent the Cities itself, and some of the rules which enable cancerous situations to take place.

I've always said to any of the
succeeding frontrunners of RP that maps change mentalities and maps must take the first step.

Im pretty sure you got into rp because you're noob.
29.01.2018 - 16:34
Written by Alois, 28.01.2018 at 21:12

Written by Arrius, 28.01.2018 at 21:05

Not all Corners of the community are trash but I also don't believe we should leave everything up t the mods, We must shape the face of Rp and the community that follows it. Not everyone has given up in this dark part of the community and I wish to bring it into a better state than it ever was as Ive been spending almost 1 and a half years developing and testing a completely new map. This map will prioritize game play over realism and exhausts itself to change the way both outsider players and rp players see the way of it. We've been going on about it all wrong and I dont believe those behind the current maps truly were motivated to solve these issues. We cant just blow this all on the mods and trolls. Alois has a bad sense of judgement thinking that purging players who fail to cooperate, will solve the current issues. The mindset in dealing with these problems have been going all wrong and let me remind you there are people out there who still care for this game mode and this community and will never be undermined. But this.......is not the way to go !!

We don't want the mods to have control of everything. What I am saying though (if you're talking about what I think you are) is that we do need to take care of the trolls and rule-breakers who are not only in the RP area of AtWar, but all across the board. No, the RP community isn't that bad at all. But it is very biased and much less of an educational/responsible/respectful area of AtWar, which draws players away from the game.

Also, Trolls are completely different from regular community members who care for the game. And yes, they are a problem. You need to address it instead of letting it slide - because it's what ruins the community. A lot of players have complained and you are ignoring it. These votes to improve it prove that it is in a bad state.

Regardless there are no set rules for dealing with trolls and even if such rules were implemented it would cause a wave more of problems, Also just removing the trolls still wont solve the issues of Rp, The problems lie around the mindset not just the people who attack it.
29.01.2018 - 17:41
Written by Guest, 28.01.2018 at 19:01

Written by Al Fappino, 28.01.2018 at 17:18

I remember back when I had my map up and in the frontrun of things the Roleplay Community was more or less contained and "dignified" but that's also related to the maps.

It was mine and your map that turned the RP truly cancerous and you cannot deny that. You were there when Tempted's map was the go to and that map at least required some sort of skill and strategy to win games. It was only after you and I did people then start to spam more cities on top of more countries and add ridiculous incomes and units.

Our RP's broke a barrier on RP indeed that Tempted had established. But if it wasn't for our maps, (and with all the negativity they might have unleashed), the RP genre would have slowly died-out in its own stale-being of things. People demanded quality and less abstract regarding borders and on other things. We broke that barrier, at different stages and grades of impact. (I recognize mine was more depthful in content tho). The issue is that once we broke those barriers, all succeeding maps desfigurated them to today's levels, especially Volht's maps.

I don't blame neither of us for the current state of things, but how makers desfigurated our barriers once they got their maps up, that's the issue.(Our incomes weren't that bad tbh, compared to today xd
----
29.01.2018 - 17:43
Written by Al Fappino, 29.01.2018 at 17:41

yeah but if that barrier didn't get broken then all the cancer we see today wouldn't have happened is what im saying i think
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
29.01.2018 - 17:49
Written by Witch-Doctor, 28.01.2018 at 23:34

Im pretty sure you got into rp because you're noob.

Actually no, I got into RP really because of other games lmao

Also those who played RP in Tempted's era, like I did, most certainly didn't do it because of the content of the map but for the definition of RP and what it means xd
----
29.01.2018 - 17:52
Written by Guest, 29.01.2018 at 17:43

Written by Al Fappino, 29.01.2018 at 17:41

yeah but if that barrier didn't get broken then all the cancer we see today wouldn't have happened is what im saying i think

I know, but if we didn't have RP in the first place, the game would be monotonous and WW1,dominated. I'd rather see RP tripartitioned between Regular Scens, WW1 and RP than to have been in a game dominated by the cancer and monotonous-y that is WW1.

Plus RP attracts a wider range of strategy-players to the game tbh. The task with RP is just for the frontrunner of the genre (the one who dominates it) to limit RP snd the genre itself
----
29.01.2018 - 17:59
Written by Arrius, 29.01.2018 at 16:34

Regardless there are no set rules for dealing with trolls and even if such rules were implemented it would cause a wave more of problems, Also just removing the trolls still wont solve the issues of Rp, The problems lie around the mindset not just the people who attack it.

Trolls are easier to deal with than people make it seem, all you have to do is ban them for breaking a rule and the troll gets erased. And if the troll happens to be a player of the map and trolls for a stupid reason, unleashing a permanent banhammer or extended ban for a lengthy ammount of time will not only coerce the troll to behave, but send a message to possible cronies.

Now as you said, the problem lies with the mindset and the mindset alone, and the mindset is changed by the map.
----
29.01.2018 - 20:49
I don't understand the new rp, in the ones i played small countries could defend themselves for a while before dying, big countries had to take their land before expanding, that gave small ones the chance to get something, and since you actually had to spend money on getting your country, and since small countries were cheap, they were viable pics sometimes, now you have indestructible units, you get all the country plus 50k in turn 1, and big countries get invincible units, which makes me wonder why anyone wants to play a small country to begin with, your actions have no meaning at all, i don't get it
30.01.2018 - 00:42
Written by Arrius, 29.01.2018 at 16:34

Written by Alois, 28.01.2018 at 21:12

Written by Arrius, 28.01.2018 at 21:05

Not all Corners of the community are trash but I also don't believe we should leave everything up t the mods, We must shape the face of Rp and the community that follows it. Not everyone has given up in this dark part of the community and I wish to bring it into a better state than it ever was as Ive been spending almost 1 and a half years developing and testing a completely new map. This map will prioritize game play over realism and exhausts itself to change the way both outsider players and rp players see the way of it. We've been going on about it all wrong and I dont believe those behind the current maps truly were motivated to solve these issues. We cant just blow this all on the mods and trolls. Alois has a bad sense of judgement thinking that purging players who fail to cooperate, will solve the current issues. The mindset in dealing with these problems have been going all wrong and let me remind you there are people out there who still care for this game mode and this community and will never be undermined. But this.......is not the way to go !!

We don't want the mods to have control of everything. What I am saying though (if you're talking about what I think you are) is that we do need to take care of the trolls and rule-breakers who are not only in the RP area of AtWar, but all across the board. No, the RP community isn't that bad at all. But it is very biased and much less of an educational/responsible/respectful area of AtWar, which draws players away from the game.

Also, Trolls are completely different from regular community members who care for the game. And yes, they are a problem. You need to address it instead of letting it slide - because it's what ruins the community. A lot of players have complained and you are ignoring it. These votes to improve it prove that it is in a bad state.

Did I not state that it wouldn't "100% work" or what? Did I not state I have a plan that can be implemented, no?

----
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word