Get Premium to hide all ads
18.04.2012 - 11:30
I'm trying to move from noob stage where I win either through good alliances, or capital ganking, to actually playing with a strategy in mind.

I've chosen PD as my strategy for right now.

I have learned how to use defense lines, and have learned about how to turnblock. So far so good.

I want to ask about the general unit. Several specific questions, and then just a solicitation of general thoughts.

1. Do ALL the upgrades to the genereal apply at once, or do I have to pick one? I mean can he add movement, ARB, infantry attack, etc. or just one? How do I change it if just one?

2. If my general is in a defense line, does he just boost the units in his stack? Both units in the D-line segment? All units in the D-line no matter how long it is?

And finally, how should I use my general. This far, I have the +1 defense upgrade, so I've just usually left him in my capital, with some AA defense and infantry, to defend it.

I'm beginning to think a better idea would be to get the +1 infantry attack upgrade, hide behind my defense lines until I build up a massive stack of infantry, and then have my general sally forth in the stack for offense. I love the defense of PD strategy, but the offense blows. This would help.

When I get the upgrade, should I use my general in expansion? Or wait till later in the game when I need to crush a player?

Thanks for your help! Love the game!
18.04.2012 - 12:34
1) All of them are passive upgrades that work at the same time.

2) I think it does boost the defense of what it's connected to. But putting your gen in a defense line is a bad idea. Because, the d-line is broken no matter what hits it. The units inside the line don't have to be destroyed to render it broken.

As you get more gen: upgrades your generals use will become more apparent. There are a lot of them. Your general is your most valuable unit because of this.
----
Czech yourself before you wreck yourself.
18.04.2012 - 16:50
Unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, DO NOT use your general in a defense line. If the enemy attacks and kills your general while he's wide open, you lose all the bonus you would get from him if he were part of the main defense.
----
Qui non proficit, deficit. UCR 5/5/11-2/14/12. 6/17/12 - Coniunctum, sumus invicta.
16.06.2012 - 07:25
If you have gained good territory, and you are fighting your enemy from good distance away from your cap. Then it would be a good idea to bring the general to the fronts to boost up your main stack or whatever.
----
Anything is possible for me as long as I set my mind to it.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word