Get Premium to hide all ads
12.05.2018 - 16:58
 Nobo
Dear Devs,

It has come to my attention that there have been a couple of rough developments throughout the history of this game. There seems to be a great deal of issues that are being "worked on". And when I say being "worked on", I mean working on something like exercising when I say I'm "too busy" because I prioritize watching TV and eat junk food. It sounds like an excuse and yes, it is. Everyone has 24 hours in a day, and it depends on how you use it.

Not only are there multiple issues that need to be "worked on", it seems that you'd like players to point out bugs in the game. When I go to the bugs forum for testing, it seems like half of them have never been seriously considered by the Dev team to fix, and it's not going to fix itself. They're seen as minor problems that aren't worth the time, when clearly many people do care about it.

Lastly, the state of the game itself. Many a player has complained about not getting what they paid for, an inactive mod team, or worse, a general state of disarray. Let me not bore you with specifics, but to be frank, there is a general apathy to a large majority of the playerbase, as it seems apt to label many as trolls or as those not worthy of having an opinion considered. There HAVE been so many good suggestions, and many good players were willing to help given the tools, but that did not occur. Instead of utilizing this resource, it has gone rancid, sour, free to roam and sabotage the community. Let me just tell you that the countless trolls trying to hack the radio chat or ddos the site are not complete idiots, they at least have a skill very much akin to building a website, they just aren't being utilized.

Now, I don't expect a response. I don't expect any action. However, in writing this, I do expect reflection. To look in the mirror and ask yourself, "Is this a project worth striving for, or will it always sit on the back burner?" And in turn I ask you: Will you always make promises that cannot be satisfactorily met, always say we're "too busy", and always cut corners in not implementing good ideas and resources? Or will you stand up and make a change, realize a potential that was never had, and create a competent dev response team that the gaming world so desperately wants today?

P.S. A quote that would really befit atwar as a game that I think resonates with a lot of people: "Who someone could be doesn't change who they are. Never fall in love with someone's potential because you could be falling in love with a person they'll never be. Don't let your hope make you blind to reality."
12.05.2018 - 23:50
Bud we just got map editor they been working on that for like 9 years we making progress!
----
I demolish my bridges behind me...then there is no choice but to move forward

13.05.2018 - 14:33
Written by Mr Tyler, 12.05.2018 at 23:50

Bud we just got map editor they been working on that for like 9 years we making progress!

nigga no one uses the map editor xept for fools u feel me
13.05.2018 - 16:43
Written by gothboy, 13.05.2018 at 14:33

Who made all the lovely content for this game then?
----

We are not the same- I am a Martian.
14.05.2018 - 16:38
Written by Nobo, 12.05.2018 at 16:58

If you want to help atwar, you need to help code for it. Amok/Ivan have full time jobs which take up much of their time, and Clovis is the only player helping them code. If you or anyone else experienced in whatever coding language(s) Amok/Ivan programmed this website with, reach out to Amok/Ivan and ask to join their team. They have a very small team, and can't fix every issue there is with their limited time. Join their team, and you can fix the bugs, while also getting admin as a side benefit
14.05.2018 - 18:53
Written by Player 999, 14.05.2018 at 16:38

If you want to help atwar, you need to help code for it. Amok/Ivan have full time jobs which take up much of their time, and Clovis is the only player helping them code. If you or anyone else experienced in whatever coding language(s) Amok/Ivan programmed this website with, reach out to Amok/Ivan and ask to join their team. They have a very small team, and can't fix every issue there is with their limited time. Join their team, and you can fix the bugs, while also getting admin as a side benefit

I have reached out to both Amok and Ivan in the past. As a student of Computer Science finishing their associate's degree next week and starting on a bachelor's next semester I believe I could be of some help if only given the chance. My studies so far have been focused on object oriented languages (primarily Java, with some experience in C++), but I also live with two professional web programmers who would be happy to teach/work with me on a project. I'm offering my help for free, the only cost to the developers would be time spent filling me in on the project (how version control is being run/ how the ticket manager is organized). I've enjoyed AtWar for years, and would love to help in any way I can. If anyone wants to help me relay my message to AtWar staff, I'd be very appreciative.
14.05.2018 - 23:28
In the same position as you, I wouldn't mind adding some fire to the design of the website lol i already have my associates and am working on my bachelor's in Multimedia Design
----
The Gifted INC.

15.05.2018 - 00:13
Written by Helly, 13.05.2018 at 16:43

Written by gothboy, 13.05.2018 at 14:33

Who made all the lovely content for this game then?

ur mom
15.05.2018 - 01:19
Ack ack!
15.05.2018 - 07:39
 Ivan (Admin)

Dear Devs,

Well, that was sad read, if completely deserved. I might not show up here often, but I do think about atWar pretty much every day, and everything that needs to be done and could be improved. We should probably admit that there's no possibility for us to move ahead without outside help, as our circumstances are now very different from the time when most of the game development has been done. We'll see if we can get get some volunteers and hopefully take care of the lingering issues.
15.05.2018 - 07:47
 Ivan (Admin)
Written by WaiserReich, 14.05.2018 at 18:53

Written by Player 999, 14.05.2018 at 16:38

I have reached out to both Amok and Ivan in the past. As a student of Computer Science finishing their associate's degree next week and starting on a bachelor's next semester I believe I could be of some help if only given the chance. My studies so far have been focused on object oriented languages (primarily Java, with some experience in C++), but I also live with two professional web programmers who would be happy to teach/work with me on a project. I'm offering my help for free, the only cost to the developers would be time spent filling me in on the project (how version control is being run/ how the ticket manager is organized). I've enjoyed AtWar for years, and would love to help in any way I can. If anyone wants to help me relay my message to AtWar staff, I'd be very appreciative.

Sent you a PM.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word