Get Premium to hide all ads
09.08.2018 - 06:18
The idea is to add custom strategies and upgrades for maps, which will be bought by map sp, which will be earned as normal sp but will be different for each map. not just for map makers to make their maps be as they wish but also for the generic world map, to add tons and tons of flavor to it.
this shall not be enabled for clones. atleast on the first stage, because the possiblty that someone will replace generic wolrd map with something he will make that will cause unblance to comp players (duels, cw....)etc.

strategies are meant to be as easy to make as units, heres a quick compering
NOTES: capc. is missing because of editing needs, should be part of it.

selecting them will be as normal

buying them will be via the map itself while countries are picked

NOTES: cost is 100+50 while need to be only +50

and you can always check how much you have in the sp pool option

Written by clovis1122, 08.08.2018 at 21:36

Written by Amok, 01.04.2018 at 10:11

Written by Ivan, 13.06.2018 at 02:40

add suggestions and correction and i will edit the post as needed, cheers
----

>playing atwar:

Furthermore, I consider that NWE must be destroyed
09.08.2018 - 08:38
Hi Jesus
09.08.2018 - 08:46
Hi
----
09.08.2018 - 09:04
----
09.08.2018 - 10:33
Custom strategies for mapmakers having to buy them with map sp
09.08.2018 - 11:28
Support
09.08.2018 - 17:07
Written by Xenosapien, 09.08.2018 at 10:33

Agree
----
10.08.2018 - 07:39
Written by j-e-s-u-s, 10.08.2018 at 06:55

If amok and ivan don't overturn it that is... They have previously stated they are absolutely against this.
10.08.2018 - 08:06
Written by Xenosapien, 10.08.2018 at 07:39

If amok and ivan don't overturn it that is... They have previously stated they are absolutely against this.

amok and ivan probably need to remind each other what is atwar
----

>playing atwar:

10.08.2018 - 09:50
Make it happen!
10.08.2018 - 09:57
Written by j-e-s-u-s, 10.08.2018 at 08:06

Written by Xenosapien, 10.08.2018 at 07:39

amok and ivan probably need to remind each other what is atwar

atwar is coke hookers and beer money.
12.08.2018 - 14:13
Written by Cpt.Magic, 09.08.2018 at 17:07

Agree

just make it cost 1 sp
----

>playing atwar:

27.09.2018 - 17:05
I support this entirely, should be locked out of default map however. I'll have more to say on this idea's implications in a bit here.
27.09.2018 - 17:20
Written by Guest, 27.09.2018 at 17:05

I support this entirely, should be locked out of default map however. I'll have more to say on this idea's implications in a bit here.

sure, any ideas are welcome.
and yes i think it should be limited for originals only and not clones, tnx for brining it up.
----

>playing atwar:

28.09.2018 - 06:41
Written by j-e-s-u-s, 27.09.2018 at 17:20

and yes i think it should be limited for originals only and not clones, tnx for brining it up.

ive actually had a similar idea myself, the only difference from urs to mine was that there would be a step where mods or admins have to approve whatever it is. I mean, think about it. I could make myself one OP unit with all the free sp I have lying around rn lol. It'd really make the rank gap even worse than it already is lol
----

28.09.2018 - 08:25
Written by Sultan of Swing, 28.09.2018 at 06:41

ive actually had a similar idea myself, the only difference from urs to mine was that there would be a step where mods or admins have to approve whatever it is. I mean, think about it. I could make myself one OP unit with all the free sp I have lying around rn lol. It'd really make the rank gap even worse than it already is lol

i am open to ideas, if you or any other staff member, supporter, mod or and admin wants to talk and figure out with me, i am more than glad.
for this specific thing, i think there should be some eyes on those things, but i think reports will do their job.
and i am not really getting what you mean, the players dont creat units, nor strategies, map makers do, i dont think someone would want to destroy his map and to prevent farming there is always SP multiplayer etc etc.
i guess that the rank gap is indeed a problem, someone who will have 100k sp on some map will be better than others, but as i said its up to map maker to choose how much it will cost, either 1 sp or million sp.
----

>playing atwar:

29.09.2018 - 08:57
Written by j-e-s-u-s, 28.09.2018 at 08:25

Written by Sultan of Swing, 28.09.2018 at 06:41

i am open to ideas, if you or any other staff member, supporter, mod or and admin wants to talk and figure out with me, i am more than glad.
for this specific thing, i think there should be some eyes on those things, but i think reports will do their job.
and i am not really getting what you mean, the players dont creat units, nor strategies, map makers do, i dont think someone would want to destroy his map and to prevent farming there is always SP multiplayer etc etc.
i guess that the rank gap is indeed a problem, someone who will have 100k sp on some map will be better than others, but as i said its up to map maker to choose how much it will cost, either 1 sp or million sp.

oh ic, i think i misread that part.. the mapmakers making the strats indeed does sound interesting to me, but i do think there should be some sort of approval to it still. Yea reports will do their job most of the time... until a group of friends finds a new way to make a farming map

ur idea makes sense to me now tho, would be pretty neat to implement
----

29.09.2018 - 10:08
I am actually against custom strategies and i'll explain why. It vastly adds to the complexity of the game and makes maps more exclusive. This game developed around the default map and that used to be what everyone played. Nowadays we have rp players, scenario players, default map players, custom map players and competitive players. And within these sub communities you have more sub-communities such as ww1 players, lotr players and the like. Then we have scen players from various groups complaining their scenarios aren't filling, world games are harder to fill and competitive players complaining about a lack of new talent and players being weaker.

Now you want to give every map its' own meta adding to their exclusivity and complexity further dividing the community even more. It's hard enough as it is to get players to try new maps. Mapmakers should be building their maps within the templates provided with the strategies and default unit classifications. At most i would support the ability for mapmakers to turn off whether the default strategies affect their map or not. But map accessibility is important. We want to be trying to bring players together.
----
29.09.2018 - 11:14
Written by Permamuted, 29.09.2018 at 10:08

I am actually against custom strategies and i'll explain why. It vastly adds to the complexity of the game and makes maps more exclusive. This game developed around the default map and that used to be what everyone played. Nowadays we have rp players, scenario players, default map players, custom map players and competitive players. And within these sub communities you have more sub-communities such as ww1 players, lotr players and the like. Then we have scen players from various groups complaining their scenarios aren't filling, world games are harder to fill and competitive players complaining about a lack of new talent and players being weaker.

Now you want to give every map its' own meta adding to their exclusivity and complexity further dividing the community even more. It's hard enough as it is to get players to try new maps. Mapmakers should be building their maps within the templates provided with the strategies and default unit classifications. At most i would support the ability for mapmakers to turn off whether the default strategies affect their map or not. But map accessibility is important. We want to be trying to bring players together.

Admirable, but a can of worms was opened when custom maps came out. The open source nature of this game is its driving facet these days, whether we oldfags like it or not. Enabling further customization is paramount to future success, Imo.
29.09.2018 - 11:55
Written by Guest, 29.09.2018 at 11:14

Admirable, but a can of worms was opened when custom maps came out. The open source nature of this game is its driving facet these days, whether we oldfags like it or not. Enabling further customization is paramount to future success, Imo.

A functional mapmaker and bugfixes are essential to future success. You want to run when we can't even stand up on our feet.
----
29.09.2018 - 12:30
Written by Permamuted, 29.09.2018 at 11:55

A functional mapmaker and bugfixes are essential to future success. You want to run when we can't even stand up on our feet.

There is no success to be had when the admins have forsaken this website out of emotional attachment. We have the ability to deny them our unconditional endorsement of this kind of behavior, yet there is no movement but to step in line here. Clovis is doing all he can, and that's where our hope currently lays. Though beyond this, a certain wall of sorts is filtering out any other sort of help that may be arranged out of spite.
29.09.2018 - 18:27
Written by Permamuted, 29.09.2018 at 10:08

i see your point but custom maps and scenarios add so much to the game, so will custom strategies, this wont dvinde the sub-communities because this is not rather you like the map and its mechanics or not, this is for allowing map makers have their own strats, which will fit their maps the best, its like saying if you add another side to a scenario people will start hating it and stop playing it forever, those strategies can be removed obviously, which can bring the problem that it was bought with map sp, simply a disclaimer will fix that. its up to make maker if he wants his map to be like this or not, and i think he should get all the options he can.

and all the complains you said arent problem of the community, are problems of the game, games not filling not because people not like it, there are no people, no new blood coming, this game is anonymous as hell right now, sad but it has to be accepted, i really hope it will change.
----

>playing atwar:

03.10.2018 - 08:21
Bump
----

>playing atwar:

04.10.2018 - 14:11
Good idea Support
05.10.2018 - 07:33
Well that is a profound idea, and also I dawned upon making custom strategies and selling them to players. Half of the cost will be transferred to atwar's revenue. I think third party transactions should be enabled as they would bolster atwar's precipitous revenue and raise some funds to allay the autistic shit going on with the antiquated design of the game(website).
05.10.2018 - 08:23
Written by your_PROUD, 05.10.2018 at 07:33

Well that is a profound idea, and also I dawned upon making custom strategies and selling them to players. Half of the cost will be transferred to atwar's revenue. I think third party transactions should be enabled as they would bolster atwar's precipitous revenue and raise some funds to allay the autistic shit going on with the antiquated design of the game(website).

no, custom strategies should not be sold in real money or in protocoins, only sp that will be gained via the map itself, or it can be free, up to map makers imo.
----

>playing atwar:

05.10.2018 - 09:58
It could be better
----

05.10.2018 - 10:58
 Zoe
Written by Permamuted, 29.09.2018 at 11:55

That's true to some point. But you need to realize that only about 5% or less of the playerbase uses the map editor, and bugs are nonexistent to the 95% that do not play bug affected maps or use bug affected editors. Spending every bit of time on the map editor for 4+ years will only make it worse for the actual game. All HTML will do is add a new editor that has the same purpose and the same things that we could do with the SL editor. The admins should have a secondary objective for the majority, and add something new for us to enjoy after all these years.
----
05.10.2018 - 13:55
I support this idea you jew boi go go!
06.10.2018 - 03:45

atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word