Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by Permamuted, 04.11.2018 - 07:25
It's that time again now that we've finally got admin attention. First things first I think we can safely rule out any changes for imperialist, perfect defence, naval commander and great combinator. All those strategies are in great shape atm. LB and DS need nerfs. RA, HW, MoS and Blitz need boosts. Everything else is up for debate. I'm just going to summarize what ideas have been put out in the past year and the discussions regarding them.

NERFS

Lucky Bastard(LB):

+10 cost to infantry OR
-1 range to Infantry

These ideas came from the previous lb discussion threads. I was discussing this with witch doctor recently. I favoured the crit nerf at the time but he pointed out that people are mainly playing lb for the added range. A crit nerf of higher than -5 would be required to make any noticeable difference. The range nerf would help but i personally dont think it'll fix the lb problem. I'm favouring the inf cost change now.

There's also an alternative solution but it may be unpopular. We could reinvent the strat and move away from criticals to att/def boosts or maybe +1hp like some sort of halfway expensive ironfist. Personally i think criticals are cancerous from a competitive standpoint and because of the meta this strat has created i would argue against ever significantly boosting a strategie's crits again. I know however that some people may enjoy the higher random aspect. Opinions/ideas?

Desert Storm(DS):

-1 def to helis

The latter idea came from tact. I prefer it as it's the infantry strats that are struggling vs ds. A direct heli def nerf just weakens that strat where it is already weak. At the moment it is a very specific niche which ds is dominating. Everywhere else it ranges from bad-average.

BOOSTS

Master of Stealth:

-10 cost to infantry.

Open to ideas here. An mos boost is long overdue. It used to dominate 50k games but that changes with the rise of lb. People often exaggerate its world game power but competent players who know how to ferret out marine maneuvers shut the strat down. I'd like to see it made semi viable on mid range fund tiers like sky menace. I've 800 duels to my name and I've seen others use it maybe 5 times? We need to brainstorm some ideas here. I'm not sold on the inf att/def change anymore but we can try it if people want.

Guerilla Warfare(GW):

Restore naval transport cost to 220

Blitzkrieg:

+1 range to all units

The idea is to improve upon the strats unique playstyle as a counter to defensive players.

Iron fist(IF):

+1 range to militia.

This was suggested 5 years ago but not implemented as it was too controversial. Almost all the strategies have been boosted since then and now iron fist finds itself in competition with lb. This will give the strat the ability to use its militia to wall.

Hybrid Warfare(HW):

+1 air transport capacity.

A suggestion from Don. I'm not a big hw player so I'm unsure where to go with this strat and i didn't find any discussion on boosts. Also i think it's time the sp purchase cost was reduced.

Sky Menace(HW):

+2 crit to infantry

I personally am not sure if this strat needs a boost but many people are asking for 1. It definitely has fallen off in terms of popularity but I am not convinced this is due to strength. Feel free to throw out other suggestions.

Relentless Attack:

+1 range to infantry AND +1 att+range to militia

RA isnt bad in its current form but ds does what it tries to do better. RA however is a cheaper alternative and can be scary in certain situations. The ability to contest expansions t1 is essential in this meta so imo the inf boost is needed. Perhaps something else too. Ideas?

Great Combinator:
+1 def to inf vs tanks
Destroyers: -3 def +1hp -20 cost
Submarines: -3 att +2 def -20 cost

Discuss and i'll update the thread accordingly!
11.11.2018 - 19:54
Written by gothboy, 11.11.2018 at 18:49

i do play hw and imo its better than sm ukr

In what? D
11.11.2018 - 20:01
Written by Steve Aoki, 11.11.2018 at 19:54

Written by gothboy, 11.11.2018 at 18:49

i do play hw and imo its better than sm ukr

In what? D

eu+ ukr where else
11.11.2018 - 20:12
Written by gothboy, 11.11.2018 at 20:01

eu+ ukr where else

Not where, in what?
Turn 1 expansion? Turn 2? Turn 3? Turn 4?
Ability to pressure your opponent? To attack anything he has at any moment of the game?
Ability to defend your capital or any other city?
Money?
Pure movement and speed of units?

If you can bring anything else, please do so.
11.11.2018 - 20:59
Written by Steve Aoki, 11.11.2018 at 20:12

eu+ ukr where else

Not where, in what?
Ability to pressure your opponent? To attack anything he has at any moment of the game?
Money?

why are you questioning my use of hw lol
you can ask wheelo, nic, sphinx, rocklee or any other person i've dueled in the past and people in illyria and they will tell u i unironically use hw and have won several duels with it.
11.11.2018 - 21:16
Written by gothboy, 11.11.2018 at 20:59

Yea i cant. Hw > Sm. You win.
12.11.2018 - 06:23
Written by gothboy, 11.11.2018 at 20:59

Written by Steve Aoki, 11.11.2018 at 20:12

eu+ ukr where else

Not where, in what?
Money?

why are you questioning my use of hw lol
you can ask wheelo, nic, sphinx, rocklee or any other person i've dueled in the past and people in illyria and they will tell u i unironically use hw and have won several duels with it.

Idk how i lost to boywind hw ukr zzzzzz
----
12.11.2018 - 07:03
 Don
I like to see when some players who do not understand some strategies discuss them. 90% aw players play 3strat lb, imp and pd, and then they sell some stories here. I agree with everything Lao said, my full support
----

Fears are strong
12.11.2018 - 08:12
Written by Don, 12.11.2018 at 07:03

I like to see when some players who do not understand some strategies discuss them. 90% aw players play 3strat lb, imp and pd, and then they sell some stories here. I agree with everything Lao said, my full support

this
12.11.2018 - 10:17
 Witch-Doctor (Mod)

If you honestly think HW or whatever you play is difficult, then cut the bs lets duel and I will personally destroy you using those strats.
12.11.2018 - 10:20
Written by Witch-Doctor, 12.11.2018 at 10:17

If you honestly think HW or whatever you play is difficult, then cut the bs lets duel and I will personally destroy you using those strats.

Wd you are like a fart with superiority complex and your logic is the most retarded one i ve ever encountered.
12.11.2018 - 10:24
 Witch-Doctor (Mod)
Written by Nations, 12.11.2018 at 10:20

Wd you are like a fart with superiority complex and your logic is the most retarded one i ve ever encountered.

Remember when you didn't know city bonuses worked and were abusing GW's absolutely broken 7 def 8 hp with gen?
Incase you don't realize it yet, that extra hp translates to roughly 1.33 extra defense meaning gw militia were better defender than pd infantry.
13.11.2018 - 07:53
Perfect Defense +1 attack to infantry
----
http://prntscr.com/omka79
http://prntscr.com/n1ymiv
Tacent quibbus Italia noverca est
Lirbur: therapy for england claims of superiority
Lirbur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWyvoWzq3EM
Lirbur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S8tP9wu2W0
13.11.2018 - 10:05
Written by Witch-Doctor, 12.11.2018 at 10:24

Remember when you didn't know city bonuses worked and were abusing GW's absolutely broken 7 def 8 hp with gen?
Incase you don't realize it yet, that extra hp translates to roughly 1.33 extra defense meaning gw militia were better defender than pd infantry.

After you got your hands on it you made it useless.You keep not mentioning 4 range.What about 90cost imp tanks with 8att with gen? That not op? What about gw mil critical?? You keep on spamming forums with same shit all the time "its not op duel me with it" jesus christ dude.
13.11.2018 - 11:09
Agree WD, the whole ''duel me with it'' is a real snoozefest.
----

Written by Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
13.11.2018 - 11:14
 Don

Who said it was difficult to play hw or whatever else. We all have some favorite strat, ofc my hw is better than yours. I have 200+ game with hw u have idk like 10. The point is to equate strategies so it would be interesting for other players to use them.
----

Fears are strong
13.11.2018 - 11:29
Written by Waffel, 13.11.2018 at 11:09

Duel me, I will beat you with None on Dreamworld.
13.11.2018 - 11:59
Written by Chess, 13.11.2018 at 11:29

Written by Waffel, 13.11.2018 at 11:09

Duel me, I will beat you with None on Dreamworld.

That makes none op and in need of a nerf according to wd.
13.11.2018 - 12:01
 Witch-Doctor (Mod)
Written by Don, 13.11.2018 at 11:14

Who said it was difficult to play hw or whatever else. We all have some favorite strat, ofc my hw is better than yours. I have 200+ game with hw u have idk like 10. The point is to equate strategies so it would be interesting for other players to use them.

No don, your HW is not better. Care to prove me otherwise?
13.11.2018 - 12:04
 Witch-Doctor (Mod)
Written by Nations, 13.11.2018 at 10:05

After you got your hands on it you made it useless.You keep not mentioning 4 range.What about 90cost imp tanks with 8att with gen? That not op? What about gw mil critical?? You keep on spamming forums with same shit all the time "its not op duel me with it" jesus christ dude.

Lol 90 imp cost tanks. Try 70 cost gw marines with the same attack as the tanks and are stealth, can be transported in submarines, can be used to serb wall because they themselves dont form walls. Try militia that are better at attacking and defending than imp infantry at the same cost. It's harder to defend with imp than GW because you can easily use all the militia in your expansion as gw while imp has to use infantry only since it's impractical to walk all your militia back. Honestly if you think -1 def that shouldnt have existed in the first place destroyed gw, you weren't really fit to play gw in the first place.
13.11.2018 - 12:43
 Don
Written by Witch-Doctor, 13.11.2018 at 12:01

ofc we can always try, but you're still far from the point. It does not matter how anyone uses the strategy(atack, range,hp units), the main thing is that your opponent what later find out what you are
----

Fears are strong
13.11.2018 - 12:49
Written by Witch-Doctor, 13.11.2018 at 12:04

Lol 90 imp cost tanks. Try 70 cost gw marines with the same attack as the tanks and are stealth, can be transported in submarines, can be used to serb wall because they themselves dont form walls. Try militia that are better at attacking and defending than imp infantry at the same cost. It's harder to defend with imp than GW because you can easily use all the militia in your expansion as gw while imp has to use infantry only since it's impractical to walk all your militia back. Honestly if you think -1 def that shouldnt have existed in the first place destroyed gw, you weren't really fit to play gw in the first place.

who says that,you?
13.11.2018 - 13:04
 Witch-Doctor (Mod)
Written by Nations, 13.11.2018 at 12:49

Written by Witch-Doctor, 13.11.2018 at 12:04

Lol 90 imp cost tanks. Try 70 cost gw marines with the same attack as the tanks and are stealth, can be transported in submarines, can be used to serb wall because they themselves dont form walls. Try militia that are better at attacking and defending than imp infantry at the same cost. It's harder to defend with imp than GW because you can easily use all the militia in your expansion as gw while imp has to use infantry only since it's impractical to walk all your militia back. Honestly if you think -1 def that shouldnt have existed in the first place destroyed gw, you weren't really fit to play gw in the first place

who says that,you?

Try looking up the nerf gw thread. It was literally everybody vs your coalition. You even had to have cold case lock the thread.
13.11.2018 - 13:06
 Witch-Doctor (Mod)
Written by Don, 13.11.2018 at 12:43

ofc we can always try, but you're still far from the point. It does not matter how anyone uses the strategy(atack, range,hp units), the main thing is that your opponent what later find out what you are

You're overestimating your skill with HW and understating how ukr is OP in 1v1 vs turk.
13.11.2018 - 13:12
 4nic

hw ukraine is better then pd gc sm and imp ukraine lol

strong attack milita give an edge in expansion its almost as cancerous to expand like gw, and it has all units as usable what more to ask from a strat
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

13.11.2018 - 13:44
 Don
Written by Witch-Doctor, 13.11.2018 at 13:06

You're overestimating your skill with HW and understating how ukr is OP in 1v1 vs turk.

I play hw because it's fun, I never said hw ukr op or im hw master...Probably ukr is op in 1v1 vs turk because you can be unpredictable and use more strategy
----

Fears are strong
13.11.2018 - 14:00
Written by 4nic, 13.11.2018 at 13:12

hw ukraine is better then pd gc sm and imp ukraine lol

strong attack milita give an edge in expansion its almost as cancerous to expand like gw, and it has all units as usable what more to ask from a strat

HW is in no case better than before nerf GW
13.11.2018 - 16:49

its almost as cancerous to expand like gw, and it has all units as usable what more to ask from a strat

never thought id see the day where someone called hw cancerous ahaha, very ironic.

From someone who uses HW quite a bit it has its nerfs such as inf attack, tank def and cost, marine attack. Its strong yes, but despite its crazy boosts, its also crazily balanced
----

13.11.2018 - 16:54
 4nic
Written by Sultan of Swing, 13.11.2018 at 16:49

its almost as cancerous to expand like gw, and it has all units as usable what more to ask from a strat

never thought id see the day where someone called hw cancerous ahaha, very ironic.

From someone who uses HW quite a bit it has its nerfs such as inf attack, tank def and cost, marine attack. Its strong yes, but despite its crazy boosts, its also crazily balanced

i didnt mean cancerous as in hard to beat or anything, it is balanced, its upside is efficient and fast expanding and downside is its low practicality
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

14.11.2018 - 19:01
Strategies of 2019. Delete AtWar
----

TJM !!!
20.11.2018 - 19:24
BUMP

Remember to either upvote or comment the change that you'd like to see. Ideally, target one boost/nerf so that we have a more accurate metric on how valuable or supported it is. Broader posts that includes a lot of boosts/nerfs or that aren't conclusive enough are unlikely to be implemented.

In some days we'll decide which changes will make it to the next month!
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word