Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by Dave, 05.12.2018 - 23:50
Hi everyone,

Just a heads up, I'm experimenting with running some ads in the forums. I know we all hate ads, but if we can increase the revenue from this game just a little, it will really help pay for all the things we need to do to get things revitalized around here.

You won't see any ads in the games, and I have no plans to do that at this time. It's only in the forums.

If you're premium you won't see them at all. And by the way, premium membership is on sale now (https://atwar-game.com/premium/)... It's a really good deal.... /End shameless plug.

Thanks for your understanding,
Dave
08.12.2018 - 00:55
Written by Dave, 08.12.2018 at 00:47

Written by Chess, 07.12.2018 at 19:42

When you keep getting online dating service ads at a gaming website.
Google's targeted advertising at it's best.

Lol all I get are insurance ads. I must be getting old.

You really should add a premium toggle for Ad id watch a couple to help revenue.
----

We are not the same- I am a Martian.
08.12.2018 - 06:59
Written by gothboy, 06.12.2018 at 09:01

i have ad block so the game looks the same lol

Wait till you get the pop-up telling you to disable it lmaoo
09.12.2018 - 21:25
Written by Google, 07.12.2018 at 10:42

Written by Guest, 06.12.2018 at 19:43

The majority of us cunts as we may be were always approved of this site having ads, it's was amoks incapabiligy to add them. He said something along the lines that he jusr couldn't figure it out.

Amok and Ivan didn't want adds, it's not that he couldn't figure it out

Well if I remember correctly, Sun insisted on putting ads on forums for non-prems, but they withdrew them in short amount of time huh.
----

09.12.2018 - 21:37
Im a premium player and am willing to click ads all day long, will you make it an option for premium players?
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
09.12.2018 - 21:39
If it earns considerably more amount if premium players view ads also(mind me i dont actually understand ad generated revenue fully) then im more than happy to have them on my page even with premium
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
09.12.2018 - 21:47
A checkbox for ads for premium players would be nice, if some of us want to support the game
10.12.2018 - 05:36
Written by Guest, 09.12.2018 at 21:39

If it earns considerably more amount if premium players view ads also(mind me i dont actually understand ad generated revenue fully) then im more than happy to have them on my page even with premium

Most of the site traffic unsurprisingly lands on the games tab and that is where most of the ads need to be, on game selection and in game screens.
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
10.12.2018 - 06:17
Written by Sun Tsu, 10.12.2018 at 05:36

Most of the site traffic unsurprisingly lands on the games tab and that is where most of the ads need to be, on game selection and in game screens.

But we aren't trying to sell the ads to people here, they're paying us for advertisement space so that we can generate revenue. Who cares where it goes as long as they pay us ya?
----

10.12.2018 - 08:26
Written by Sultan of Swing, 10.12.2018 at 06:17

But we aren't trying to sell the ads to people here, they're paying us for advertisement space so that we can generate revenue. Who cares where it goes as long as they pay us ya?

If only a small chunk of the playerbase sees the adverts then only a tiny fraction of the playerbase will click on the advert, which is why the adverts need to be on site pages with high traffic flows in prominent positions., as most digital marketing pricing models are based on per 1000 impressions or per click.
----
10.12.2018 - 08:41
Written by Sun Tsu, 10.12.2018 at 08:26

Written by Sultan of Swing, 10.12.2018 at 06:17

If only a small chunk of the playerbase sees the adverts then only a tiny fraction of the playerbase will click on the advert, which is why the adverts need to be on site pages with high traffic flows in prominent positions., as most digital marketing pricing models are based on per 1000 impressions or per click.

ah ok, I was not aware that's how that worked. Makes sense now
----

10.12.2018 - 10:23
Ads on games tab would be fine if not disruptive and provides an incentive for people to buy premium. This of course generates income to fix the game and build a bigger playerbase.. Nice work fcd
10.12.2018 - 16:34

I see, as my understanding goes ad generated revenue either works with people clicking ads or in some cases just seeing them counts. I was unsure which we have
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
10.12.2018 - 19:50
Written by Guest, 10.12.2018 at 16:34

I see, as my understanding goes ad generated revenue either works with people clicking ads or in some cases just seeing them counts. I was unsure which we have

We tried a few different agencies all pay per click, they were all pointless and the previous devs couldnt figure out how to integrate the code into the forum without it glitching out....
----
10.12.2018 - 20:34
Quote:
Written by Cpt.Magic, 07.12.2018 at 17:45

They literally told us they tried to add them but couldn't figure out how to do it properly

Proof

Here you go fag
Written by Sun Tsu, 10.12.2018 at 19:50

We tried a few different agencies all pay per click, they were all pointless and the previous devs couldnt figure out how to integrate the code into the forum without it glitching out....
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
10.12.2018 - 20:42
Quote:
Written by Guest, 10.12.2018 at 20:34

Written by Cpt.Magic, 07.12.2018 at 17:45

They literally told us they tried to add them but couldn't figure out how to do it properly

Proof

Here you go fag

Im sure they could have found how to do it. But it was pointless
----
12.12.2018 - 17:02

Written by Guest, 10.12.2018 at 16:34

I was curious if Dave integrated them properly, but when I opened forums from my non prem alt without any adblock, i just noticed tabs *purchase premium to avoid ads*.
----

13.12.2018 - 23:43

The last thing we need is shit taking up bandwidth while we're trying to play our games! I have fiber-optic internet and a modern laptop, and even so, unit movements and map panning can slow down on large maps like the World Map with a lot of movements.
----
Embrace the void
13.12.2018 - 23:49
Written by Asylan, 09.12.2018 at 21:47

A checkbox for ads for premium players would be nice, if some of us want to support the game

I would be OK with a checkbox, because mandatory add-viewing would be cruel and unusual punishment. I absolutely despise adds. I support the game with two accounts, both having lifetime premium, and I occasionally buy protocoins for temporary upgrades.
----
Embrace the void
24.12.2018 - 00:52
I think we should buy ads of atwar first.
----

24.12.2018 - 15:52
Written by Guest, 07.12.2018 at 16:47

Written by Google, 07.12.2018 at 10:42

Amok and Ivan didn't want adds, it's not that he couldn't figure it out

Ivan also talked about thinking about doing ads, but couldn't find a reliable provider.

Written by Ivan, 08.05.2011 at 10:04

Look, we did our best to balance things. We want the game to remain free and fair for everyone, but we also want to be rewarded for our efforts. And no, we don't want any ads on the site or in-game, and we certainly don't want to initiate an ad-clicking fraud.

Written by Ivan, 08.05.2011 at 11:46

Written by KnightTemplar2083, 08.05.2011 at 11:16

And ads-clicking should provide as good income to game creators, as paid Premium membership does, and it would provide equal possibilites for everyone.

Ads don't bring a whole lot of revenue, actually - unless the website is localized (ours is not) and has huge traffic (not quite there yet). And urging people to click on ads is considered fraud and is strictly forbidden by all advertising companies.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word