Get Premium to hide all ads
01.01.2019 - 23:18
Ha lol the good old bait-and-switch. Obviously I'm not gonna make a map on a war already extremely saturated.

The map is actually on the Hundred Years' War
For brief context, the Hundred Years' war was a series of conflicts between England, France and other belligerents. The war started as a conflict between France and England and as time went on they expanded and foreign nations got involved in the war as well.

This presentation will be structured as such:
1. Showcase of the map
2. Explanation of the teams, income, suggested strats, what to do
3. Brief touch on units( I won't go over every single one)
4. List of the events(Due to me being pressed for time, right now the events will just be listed, no further context on them will be stated for the time being)

The Map itself
It's not possible for me to show the map in a screenshot, so it'll be multiple screenshots.

Teams
England & Allies
Players:
North England: 3.5k starting cash, suggested strat is Perfect Defense
What to do: North england is primarily a support role, though having a front line, it is intended to win against scotland and then support allies. North england must win in scotland as quickly as possible, then send troops down into France to Support South England.
South England: 2.5k starting cash, suggested strat is Imperialist
What to do: South England is the main front against Northern france, they must fight against Central and Coastal france.
Gascony,Ireland & Castile: 2.2k starting cash, suggested strat is Imperialist
What to do: Gascony is the outlier of this team as they don't share a border with their other allies and they can't get direct support that easily. Gascony must fight southern france.

France & Allies
Players:
Coastal France: 2.5k starting cash, suggested strat is Imperialist
What to do: Coastal france, is mainly a defensive player as they have to fight south england and subsequently, north england making their job difficult, even with support from central france.
Central France: 4k starting cash, suggested strat is PD
What to do: Central france, like their counterpart, North England, is a mainly support role, not having a direct front, but their main focus is supporting coastal france.
South France: 2.2k starting cash, suggested strat is Imperialist
What to do: Like their counterpart, Gascony, they are the outlier of the team, not being in the crossfire of the hot zone between their allies. South france must fight against Gascony

Units
The purpose of this section was to discuss the 3 main units that'll be the go-to units in this scenario. They follow a deadlock/rock paper scissors situation, where: Pikemen > Cavalry > Archers > Pikemen.

Events
For sake of time, I'm gonna just go over the events, also for sake of not making this post too long I'll just list them, the next post I make will cover the events further. I'll also provide brief context for those who don't know
There is a total of 8 major events across this scenario. They are all categorized by the particular phase of the war.
Phase 1
The first phase of the war holds the most events, 4 in total.
Event 1. Breton war of succession - English side
Event 2. Castillian civil war - French side
Event 3. Jacquerie - English side
Event 4. Reims campaign - English side
Phase 2
Event 5. Peasants' Revolt - French side
Event 6. Glyndwr Rising - French side
Phase 3.
Event 7. Henry V's Invasion - English side
Event 8. French Resurgence - French side
02.01.2019 - 06:59
Thank you for your constructive criticism, this really gives me insight on how to make it better
Memes aside, I have no clue what the hell it is you're talking about, if you're gonna give criticism at least make it evident what it is you're critiquing. Not "Just make map good lol"
I have no clue if you mean the map background it's based on or the colors of the players or the borders or what.
If it's the map background, that's impossible, prior to me making this multiple images i used for europe are incompatible with html5 editor. I tried about 7 different images, in which I improved the quality of each in an attempt to make them usable and none worked. This was the ONLY map of europe I could find that made it work without getting a zoom glitch or the quality being absolutely abysmal. This was the only map that sustained a certain level of map quality, that had no zoom glitch(So it's a trade off you either get a map that has no glitch where borders move when you zoom or you get a better looking map but borders continually shift when you zoom in or out)
02.01.2019 - 08:01
Hmm map doesnt look good for the colourblind cant tell between the reds
02.01.2019 - 10:13
Written by triangle., 02.01.2019 at 08:01

Hmm map doesnt look good for the colourblind cant tell between the reds

That could be easily feasible and correctible, to be honest.

Map looks splendid, and as EJR constructively said, a trade-off was necessary, due to HTML5 limitations. Good job!
----
02.01.2019 - 10:31
 4nic
So nobody else finds the backround completely repulsive? just me?

You could try to find large maps instead, and scale them down so they arent lower then god damn 144p
this one looks like it had original dimensions of less then 1000:500. Heads up, find maps with 2499:2000 dimensions.
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

03.01.2019 - 19:03
Written by 4nic, 02.01.2019 at 10:31

You could try to find large maps instead, and scale them down so they arent lower then god damn 144p
this one looks like it had original dimensions of less then 1000:500. Heads up, find maps with 2499:2000 dimensions.

The original map would not work, and trust me like I said I tried to find them. Any higher quality map produced a zoom glitch where borders would move, so would you rather have a higher quality map with moving borders whenever you zoom or lower quality map? It's a tradeoff essentially
04.01.2019 - 03:36
 4nic
Written by Black Vortex, 03.01.2019 at 19:03

Written by 4nic, 02.01.2019 at 10:31

The original map would not work, and trust me like I said I tried to find them. Any higher quality map produced a zoom glitch where borders would move, so would you rather have a higher quality map with moving borders whenever you zoom or lower quality map? It's a tradeoff essentially

Yeah. Cant say you didnt try, html editor is just so bad honestly amok shouldn't have deleted silverlight so soon.
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

16.03.2019 - 09:52
Written by Guest, 09.01.2019 at 00:45

The map background is so bad that I'm willing to give you a better one if you send me the background so I can make sure the dimensions are better. Also I upvoted because you tricked me into thinking this was a ww1 post

baited lol
16.03.2019 - 09:53
I transferred the map onto atwar's default map and preserved the borders so you guys can shut up about the map. As soon as maps get reloaded it'll replace the old one. And as soon as they are updated I will replace the preview images as well
For the time being the scenario will be unpublished.
16.03.2019 - 11:49
New map is under the works, previews updated. The new scenario will be completed by tomorrow.
17.03.2019 - 09:38
The scenario overhaul is completed, images in this thread are replaced with new map images and new scenario is now available to be hosted.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word