Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by 4nic, 02.01.2019 - 13:18
So Dave, i don't know what the analysis was, but lets get straight to the facts, 72$ for a yearly premium, for a broken game, less then 300 active members, non functioning map editor, and other smaller things that can be mentioned, like with moderators actions, but lets not. Dont want to get this straight into archives.

Ivan and amok had the game at 45$ for full-premium, which people also found to be too high for what the game offers, you are new but it would be a good idea to see the games demographic. Age groups/nationality, there's a few of these information in the feedback polls forum.

Most players are either slavs, eastern europeans, americans and turks, probably 4/5 non americans, as an eastern european myself i can tell you we rarely pay for games, especially ''indie'' games with unique and niche substances like Atwar. Infact most of us probably got premium through friends, often ivan would offer a discount or seperate packages for protocoins or a few bucks, few exeptions.

That being said eastern europeans at best, for this game, humbly around 5$ or 5€ for the one year premium package
03.01.2019 - 03:41
Quote:
Let ppl gamble in duels, let them set stake and play duels for pcs.

I like this
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
03.01.2019 - 04:12
Written by Dave, 03.01.2019 at 02:23

I agree that a shakeup to the premium system/prices were needed. I'm all for seeing the game grow and make a profit. However I've a few suggestions.

1. Given the current state of the game $71 is too much for a years premium. While I'm no expert in this field, anything over 40$ seems ridiculous to me due to what I've paid for more active/polished games. As you develop the game perhaps this can be revised.
2. Have you considered removing the general as a premium feature? That would silence a lot of the complaints and allow you to advertise the game as not being pay-to-win. It was always somewhat controversial that Ivan/amok did so while the gen was included in their prem package. It's important in competitive games.
3. Obviously as already mentioned we need more uses for protocoins. Being able to bet them in duels would be awesome.
4. Support the inclusion of lifetime premium as a tournament prize. Adding something of real value to perhaps an annual tourney would return competition to an area of the game that people have stopped caring about.
----
03.01.2019 - 04:37
 Dave (Admin)
Written by Phoenix, 03.01.2019 at 03:14

I keep seeing this figure of 70 usd for prem pop up and given 40 usd was too much prior I think it's a stretch too far. You risk pushing people away.

For fucks sake people it's not 70 USD. That's what you would pay if you paid $5.99 a month for 12 months, but I'm selling 1 year for $35.99. Read the thread. ^^
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

03.01.2019 - 04:40
 Dave (Admin)
Written by Permamuted, 03.01.2019 at 04:12

1. Given the current state of the game $71 is too much for a years premium. While I'm no expert in this field, anything over 40$ seems ridiculous to me due to what I've paid for more active/polished games. As you develop the game perhaps this can be revised.

Why does nobody get that it's NOT $71??? If you want to pay $5.99 one month at a time, which was the price before, then yeah after 12 months you would have spent $71.88. But I'm selling a 1 year package for $35.99. The price IS lower... why does nobody get this???
----
--Sun Tzu

03.01.2019 - 05:01
And someday we will see that without notice our lifetimes are transformed in a yearly subscription. This needed a bit of a heads up imo, at least one-two days
----
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
03.01.2019 - 05:03
 Dave (Admin)
Written by Freeman, 03.01.2019 at 05:01

And someday we will see that without notice our lifetimes are transformed in a yearly subscription.

That is never going to happen. I mean come on, seriously, what kind of asshole do you think I am that I would do such a thing? Give me a little benefit of the doubt, would ya?
----
--Sun Tzu

03.01.2019 - 05:05
 Dave (Admin)
Listen up people. This is the last time I'm going to say this.

This is what Amok/Ivan had before:

1 month = $5.99
3 months = $17.97
6 months = $35.94
Lifetime = $49.99

And this is what we have now:

1 month = $5.99
3 months = $14.99
6 months = $24.99
1 year = $35.99

That's it. It's not that difficult.

Locking this thread because I'm talking in circles now and people just aren't reading it. This is pointless.
----
--Sun Tzu

atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word