Get Premium to hide all ads
21.05.2012 - 17:59
Perfect Defence
credit to Safari

1. General style of playing for the strategy
Play defensive, what's in the name , and keep spamming infantry. Don't build any other units except infantry, it's a waste of money if you buy other units (only transports or maybe 1 bomber for turnblock). You need to play the defensive way, never lose a capital city you take. Keep expanding when possible, and build a defenceline around every capital city you take. When a defenceline is destroyed by the enemy; move all your nearby troops in the city, so the enemy will lose there. Also restore the wall at the same time, so you can do a counter attack the next turn. PD has always units for attack; try to use them 1week before the reïnforcements, so it's very hard for the opponent to take it back.

2a. Strong points
- Very, very powerfull in defence (a tank general for example will lose on a 1:1 ratio to your infantry: But infantry costs $40, Tanks more then $100, same with Bombers)
- Even though it has been nerfed, it's still mobile. With (cheap) airtransports you can move around and keep pressure on the enemy
- No real money issues, It's always possible to reinforce and most times it's even possible to reinforce in all your cities within 2 turns. That makes you army bigger and bigger then the enemy; witch cannot afford that much units.
- A PD player is never defeated; unless he's really lost. Even when it looks real worse, when a PD player has country's, it can always fight back and defend well.

2b. Weak points
- Large groups are needed to make real impact therefore:
- It cannot attack on more fronts at the same time
- You need to take your time to build up your defence well (defence lines), and you need to move a lot of units. Therefor 2mins is most times not enough for a CW or for a normal game when you have a lot of territory.
- Weak against GW (see point 3)

3. The ways to oppose different kinds of strategies in a 1 v 1 match
Doesn't work good aganst GW; because a GW player attack on serval places at the same time and can destory many walls in 1 turn, so you don't know in what city the next attack will be. GW also can play on much fronts, PD can't. GW is able to create total chaos; what is disastrous for a PD player. GW > PD
Also against IF will not be easy; IF can hold on the pressure and cap territory at the same time. It's very difficult for PD to expand then, because it has to care for defence too much.
Works very good against all other strats. I think i can say that i've never been beated in a 1on1 by some other strategy then GW or IF.

4. The role of this strategies in a 3 v 3 CW match in the team (perhaps for different kind of combinations).
Works even better in CW's then in 1on1. Because the enemy will not focus on only the PD player, he's able to keep expanding and keep attacking. A PD player will most times be the last one that is defeated when losing, or will be the player that will give the final attack when winning. Also a PD player is able to give good defending support, but is weaker in attacking. It's also not a very agressive strategy; should only used by 1player, when playing a 3v3. When playing in front, PD can hold off the enemy pretty well. When playing in the back, PD can give good attacking/defending support and is able to give money to teammates.

- Never attack enemies cities in the reinforcement week, instead, reinforce your frontiers and wait it to be attacked;
- Expand neutrals as much as you can, since it's easier to you to capture and defend it than wait for your enemy to try an attack;
- Avoid using tanks and destroyers, instead keep spamming infantries and some bombers to support you with breaking walls and transports to expand faster;
- If you have a big stack, always try to protect it with walls, since you can easily be turnblocked if you don't;
- If your enemy is playing an offensive strategy sometimes it's better to "left" your cities unprotected and let them attack it, so your defense will do the work.

Perfect Defense will always have a good amount if infantries. try to use all of your starting units for a good purpose. Dont let them stand there and do nothing!

Perfect defence is a very good strategy. Have that in mind. Perfect defence rapes Tank strategy.
----
~Somewhere in the distance an eagle shrieked as it rode an American buffalo to an apple-pie-eating contest at a baseball field.~
21.05.2012 - 19:22
Lol did you copy this straight out of dalmati forums, i'm sure i have seen this before. rofl.

p.s. gw is not the only strat that can fight on more than one front. (and every strat can break more than one wall a turn, herpderp)
2. PD is absoloutely useless in 1v1, simply because 1v1 is all out a quick expansion and efficient expansion, also, PD gets stronger as the game goes on, but not if your you enemy has expanded much quicker than you, he will also be able to spot you are pd very easily, and know he has as much time as he want to get a huge income and crush you.
21.05.2012 - 20:56
- Never attack enemies cities in the reinforcement week, instead, reinforce your frontiers and wait it to be attacked;
- Expand neutrals as much as you can, since it's easier to you to capture and defend it than wait for your enemy to try an attack;
- Avoid using tanks and destroyers, instead keep spamming infantries and some bombers to support you with breaking walls and transports to expand faster;
- If you have a big stack, always try to protect it with walls, since you can easily be turnblocked if you don't;
- If your enemy is playing an offensive strategy sometimes it's better to "left" your cities unprotected and let them attack it, so your defense will do the work.

Written by Pinheiro found here: http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=2000
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
21.05.2012 - 22:33
Written by nonames, 21.05.2012 at 19:22

Lol did you copy this straight out of dalmati forums, i'm sure i have seen this before. rofl.

p.s. gw is not the only strat that can fight on more than one front. (and every strat can break more than one wall a turn, herpderp)
2. PD is absoloutely useless in 1v1, simply because 1v1 is all out a quick expansion and efficient expansion, also, PD gets stronger as the game goes on, but not if your you enemy has expanded much quicker than you, he will also be able to spot you are pd very easily, and know he has as much time as he want to get a huge income and crush you.

Yeah pretty much, that's why I gave credit to Safari.
----
~Somewhere in the distance an eagle shrieked as it rode an American buffalo to an apple-pie-eating contest at a baseball field.~
22.05.2012 - 07:26
No, this is Hugosch's guide as you can see.
22.05.2012 - 08:38
Thx Caul, its my guide indeed . The original one i made for BM and copied it later to public forum: http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=2000
Its a bit old though (written in a time where europe 5k matches where standard). It can use a 'update', but i think most things are still very usefull and true.

Credits to Safari and Gking19 for spreading the word
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
22.05.2012 - 20:04
Written by Hugosch, 22.05.2012 at 08:38

Thx Caul, its my guide indeed . The original one i made for BM and copied it later to public forum: http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=2000
Its a bit old though (written in a time where europe 5k matches where standard). It can use a 'update', but i think most things are still very usefull and true.

Credits to Safari and Gking19 for spreading the word

Yeah, meant to say you Hugo. :L
I got the thread off of the Dalmati Pups forum and Safari's user correlated in my brain with this guide since he was the one who posted it.
----
23.05.2012 - 06:24
This guide doesn't explain how to force your enemy to attack your infantry doom stacks, nor how you are supposed to defend every capital.

Obviously no opponent is going to attack a massive infantry stack...they will just take everything else and then focus firepower to take a city one by one. You are not mobile enough to shift reinforcements as needed seeing as how infantry have a range of 5, nor will you have enough money to have huge infantry stacks defending every city.

And its very easy to stop an infantry player from making sucessful attacks because infantry are just so bad at attacking and so slow that your opponent can see you coming from a mile away.

If i have a stack of 40 infantry sitting outside my opponent's capital, i can't take it because he can just make cheap militia to block my attack while using the rest of the money to take my lightly defended cities.

Only sucess ive had with PD is when new players keep attacking my infantry stacks with small stacks. Otherwise anyone who has played the game for a few days knows well enough to just go around them.

And ts pretty easy to intercept transports + infantry, because infantry on transports dont fight back, forcing you to spend serious cash on defending the transport with bombers (160 gold for just 6 def). And air transports are too expensive for you to carry a huge infantry stack with.
23.05.2012 - 09:28
You just need to play more. You need more upgrades to carry infantry more efficiently with air transports. Also, you need to have prediction skills to know, where your enemy might hit you next.
The cash is really not an issue with PD, since you really are able to spam infantry unless in a really cheap country, but no one would really play it like that.
23.05.2012 - 18:04
Written by Question, 23.05.2012 at 06:24

This guide doesn't explain how to force your enemy to attack your infantry doom stacks, nor how you are supposed to defend every capital.

Obviously no opponent is going to attack a massive infantry stack...they will just take everything else and then focus firepower to take a city one by one. You are not mobile enough to shift reinforcements as needed seeing as how infantry have a range of 5, nor will you have enough money to have huge infantry stacks defending every city.

And its very easy to stop an infantry player from making sucessful attacks because infantry are just so bad at attacking and so slow that your opponent can see you coming from a mile away.

If i have a stack of 40 infantry sitting outside my opponent's capital, i can't take it because he can just make cheap militia to block my attack while using the rest of the money to take my lightly defended cities.

Only sucess ive had with PD is when new players keep attacking my infantry stacks with small stacks. Otherwise anyone who has played the game for a few days knows well enough to just go around them.

And ts pretty easy to intercept transports + infantry, because infantry on transports dont fight back, forcing you to spend serious cash on defending the transport with bombers (160 gold for just 6 def). And air transports are too expensive for you to carry a huge infantry stack with.

Not trying to be rude, but ever heard of upgrades?
There are upgrades that make infantry better, range and cost wise.
With these upgrades, you can make infantry more effective.
----
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word