Get Premium to hide all ads
29.05.2012 - 09:12
Okay so; Ukraine is strong right because it's got a lot of population and it's cheap. Other nations have wealth and population (Germany, UK etc.) or have wealth (Sweden, Belgium) or have population (Belarus, Serbia). Ukraine stands alone because it has so much more population than the other low pop countries and the way that Afterwind works means that high population and low cost creates expotential growth. A low population country cannot expand as well as a high population country in turns one and two. This severely limits it's income (full country bonuses, less time for the 50% income to reach 150% etc.) and production and decides the outcome of the game.

I created a well recieved thread about a month or so ago about balancing certain regions of the game in the interest of gameplay, I propose we do the same in Europe.

Countries with over 15 population should be divided into two regions (north south east west) to prevent any one nation being vastly superior to the others. Ukraine simply because two "Serbias". Germany becomes two "Swedens".

There is then far more choice for players because no nation becomes compulsory. Whilst this may have ramifications in World or Eurasia games my answer to that is that all countries should be split along these lines. 15 is an arbitrary number but no nations lower than 15 are considered overpowered these days.

Feel free to thrash this out. On a side note I'd be much happier if the division went right down to individial city states but that's just me.
----
Written by Amok, 29.04.2012 at 08:36

Gardevoir, your obnoxiousness really baffles me sometimes...just leave for good already or stop whining.
29.05.2012 - 10:55
 VRIL
Noo dont split all the fine countrys. Europe is perfect and that cheap ukraine is a good option against zerg turkey.
Countrys need to be recognizable.
29.05.2012 - 12:27
Yeah that was my chief concern. By boiling everything down in the name of balance then every country becomes more or less the same.
----
Written by Amok, 29.04.2012 at 08:36

Gardevoir, your obnoxiousness really baffles me sometimes...just leave for good already or stop whining.
29.05.2012 - 15:07
So slit ukraine and turkey
----
"War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means."
― Carl von Clausewitz
29.05.2012 - 15:36
No. It will only strengthen the Feudal-Europe argument. Why not just raise Ukraine's cost? Problem solved.
29.05.2012 - 20:26
Written by Garde, 29.05.2012 at 15:36

No. It will only strengthen the Feudal-Europe argument. Why not just raise Ukraine's cost? Problem solved.

This^
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word