Get Premium to hide all ads
19.05.2019 - 22:11
I had originally intended to release this map by December of 2018, but because of a bug the map became unplayable until a few months ago when the bug was fixed. I really wanted to include buildings in this, but they're not able to be added as units in the map editor so I just got tired of waiting and decided to release it now.

The concept of the map
This map is an alternate Europe & Middle East scenario.
What is the alternative timeline?
The alternative scenario is what if the Entente powers had gone through with their agreement with the Hashemites to create a unified Arab nation post-WW1?

"But why put the timeline in 1957 if the alternative event occurs post ww1?" The reasoning for this is because a lot of major events that occurred past this date would likely occur in a similar manner to how they did in real life. WW2 would still happen, the Axis would rise and fall like in real life, with the Arab nations siding with the allied powers at the start due to them having more cordial relationship with the west since they honored the agreement. However, the borders of this post-war europe would stay consistent with real life's timeline

The borders of this new nation are based off this map

Overview of the map
The map itself:

Factions system
-There's 3 joinable factions
*NATO - led by United Kingdom
*Warsaw Pact - led by Soviet Union
*Arab League - led by Arab Republic of Egypt

DEFCON
In the USA we use an alert system known as DEFCON - Defense conditions.
In this game DEFCON is used to simulate the state of tension in the world.
There are 5 levels of DEFCON
DEFCON 5 - Starting level, at DEFCON 5 the world is relatively peaceful. Restriction on certain DEFCON units and mobilizations not allowed.
DEFCON 4 - At DEFCON 4, restriction on unit types are fair game, all units and buildings allowed
DEFCON 3 - unjustified wars allowed, taking of "economic mobilization" cities allowed. Increased readiness
DEFCON 2 - faction leaders allowed to mobilize their reinforcements. Next step to a total war.
DEFCON 1 - Total war is imminent, all rules of the game are abolished

Mobilizations
In this game there are two types of mobilizations.
Economic mobilization
-Mobilization of the economy to produce weaponry in preparation for war. Each player has one of these which give 500 income, can only be utilized at DEFCON 3
Military mobilization
-Only faction leaders(UK, USSR, Egypt) have these. They have cities which they cannot take the mobilization capital of until DEFCON 2 has been reached. For USSR, it's Russia, for UK, it's in Iceland, and for Egypt it's the scattered bases in Egypt.

Stocks minigame
Every nation has their own set of stocks that give 350 income. This minigame is a free for all minigame where you can take over other people's stocks with it's own unique set of units. Buy, Sell, Hold, and recession that all get a +100 attack/defense bonus against non-stock minigame units.
19.05.2019 - 22:11
Rules:
Wars are to be declared, there are event wars(in event popup) that allow for wars
Factions cannot attack each other unless their faction leader declares war on another faction
Revolutionaries cannot ally or peace Hejaz or France, they must war.
Neutral players cannot war anyone unless DEFCON 3 is reached or they are warred
The Kingdom of Arab states must all listen to King of Hejaz and join the faction they join,(if in game)
If Kingdom of Arabia is eliminated, the Arab states are treated as neutral players
If an event war happens, that does not increase DEFCON level unless the DEFCON rules 3 or 4 are met
Stocks are FFA and not a reason for war
The Suez canal zone is international territory, and if someone takes it, that's justification for war
If one major power mobilizes, the others may mobilize in response.
If a player takes economic mobilization before the DEFCON is reached, they can be warred

DEFCON rules
1.If a faction member is capped by another faction member, the DEFCON increases to 2
2.If a faction leader is capped, the DEFCON increases to 1
3.If a player gets capped, the DEFCON increases to 4
4.If a player is eliminated, the DEFCON increases to 3 (if they leave because they lost war, this counts)
5.If two factions go to war, the DEFCON increases to 2
6.If game goes past turn 15 and the DEFCON isn't already there, the DEFCON automatically goes to 1
19.05.2019 - 22:12
I'm never making another political map again.
20.05.2019 - 05:18
Written by Black Vortex, 19.05.2019 at 22:12

I got about 80% done with a modern one and have just given up https://atwar-game.com/map/?id=14234. I realized that RP players are just too different from what they use to be when I played for me to even bother finishing this map, it wouldn't be played sadly.
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
20.05.2019 - 05:21
Written by Augustus Caesar, 20.05.2019 at 05:18

Written by Black Vortex, 19.05.2019 at 22:12

I got about 80% done with a modern one and have just given up https://atwar-game.com/map/?id=14234. I realized that RP players are just too different from what they use to be when I played for me to even bother finishing this map, it wouldn't be played sadly.

Probably, but still I had intended to release it last year but it was only delayed for so long due to gamebreaking bug and honestly I'd rather just put it out rather than have 3 months of work never go into the light
20.05.2019 - 05:24
Written by Black Vortex, 20.05.2019 at 05:21

Probably, but still I had intended to release it last year but it was only delayed for so long due to gamebreaking bug and honestly I'd rather just put it out rather than have 3 months of work never go into the light

As far as political scenarios come this is defiantly better than pretty much every other one I have seen so all the best to you.
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
02.11.2019 - 14:50
I wish I could play this, I love how you make a good rule system to your maps. It's sad that we have so few political/RP players.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word