Get Premium to hide all ads
07.08.2019 - 05:15
Dave would like to know from the community what's necessary to finish the Map Editor? To get the communities opinion on the subject. Your opinions mean greatly to the game's development and growth, so this is greatly appreciated not only by Dave but to AtWar as a whole!

So, what's your opinion? There are no right or wrong answers, comment below!
----
07.08.2019 - 05:48
A checkbox for whether or not a unit is able to wall
----
"Another such victory and I come back to Epirus alone" - Pyrrhus of Epirus
07.08.2019 - 06:15
A lot would be needed to maximise its potential but would probably be too time consuming. So as far as more simple things that i can discern that would go along way for me personally, in my maps i'm trying to make.

A method to have different militia for each faction, instead of a blanket militia unit for all factions. Or an option to have x unit be the default unit in that certain country be given when captured, although quite similar.

Instead of only restricting units to certain countries, factions also. so different factions in a scenario could produce different units upon taking the same country as of right now only limiting units to starting countries is available which stifles maps. This could further be developed with a system that allows for a faction that holds a country for x turns, for their faction specific units in that country to change, although this i imagine would be a lot harder to implement than just faction specific.

Events to Neutral factions
----

Soni Gets All The Hot Chicks :^)
07.08.2019 - 06:29
What do you mean? New ideas? Or just to fix the map editer up a bit? I don't think it can ever be finished as it should constantly be getting new mechanics implemented into it.

If you keep evolving the map editer then you're constantly moving the game forward no matter what the new option is, as the game revolves around community made maps.

Add an "Undo your undo" button

We can transport, transport units and move the cap on att/def to 10/10 or higher

We can disable certain Strats inside map maker

Adding in a "Terrain and Weather" paint brush (Negatives and positives to certain units, more ideas for Strats can come from this) would be very interesting, pushing to game even further and more customization.

Able to disable certain upgrades by ticking a box

More unit icons and sounds

Larger image for all units so we can see what the unit is meant to look like, instead of a squashed down or squashed in image that doesn't represent the same unit good.

More emphasis on being aware of the description of the units to players, as the description can be beneficial because the map editer put in helpful info but the player didn't even know you could see a description of the units. It does happen to some people, especially if we're getting new players

Map editers need full customization and full manipulation of all options and new options, other than that, you can't "Finish" it, needs constant options manipulation, no matter what the options are.
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
07.08.2019 - 06:34
 4nic
Events to neutral factions and visible no-go zones option, & fix map cloning, try cloning the world map without borders it still ends up with them in the backround for some reason.
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

07.08.2019 - 06:52
1. Events to neutrals in scenario editor
2. Visible no-go's
3. Allowing you to give events to a player inside of a city that's neutral (essentially letting them capture a neutral city through an event) in the scenario editor,
4. Being able to select the country borders when clicking on a border (it only opens up the country's menu, it doesn't highlight the border itself you're trying to select),
5.Make it possible to have multiple of one unit type but only spawn one specific type of unit as the starting units in cities(like having muskeeters and line infantry both as main defense but only allowing 1 of the two to spawn in cities when game starts so you don't have a mix of different units in cities)

Also in scenario editor please for god's sake change the color's slider's default settings:
From this:

To this:

Most people aren't aware of what this does and as a result whenever they make a map in html5 the colors look horrendous as fuck. If the default is set to this it'll make the maps look not as horrid as they do
07.08.2019 - 08:15
A must - Transfer silverlight maps to edit in html.
----
07.08.2019 - 09:17
I just honestly think, map making shouldn't be a privilige for premiums.. Cuz why not let unprem make maps. It's contribution. Atwar loses nothing from them making maps tho. However they are stilll not able to play create other's scenarios etc.. But they can play their own map. I mean don't think i'm a poor guy complaining because can't afford a prem. I just think if i had the privilige to make map. I might make one or two maps and that might attract couple of players. unowadumsaying?

ps: maybe too much maps cause trouble for u, idk.
07.08.2019 - 09:41
Written by NegTheEskimo, 07.08.2019 at 09:17

I just honestly think, map making shouldn't be a privilige for premiums.. Cuz why not let unprem make maps. It's contribution. Atwar loses nothing from them making maps tho. However they are stilll not able to play create other's scenarios etc.. But they can play their own map. I mean don't think i'm a poor guy complaining because can't afford a prem. I just think if i had the privilige to make map. I might make one or two maps and that might attract couple of players. unowadumsaying?

Because you're taking a huge chunk of the already minuscule revenue this game makes by doing so. There's a lot of people that get premium solely for map editing. Yeah you can argue saying that they should just give premium more features to entice people to buy it, but right now there isn't so doing so would be a bad move on their part

Also, you must consider that they have 3 ways through which they monetize the game: ads for non premium, premium membership and protocoins. Ads can easily be bypassed through adblock(everyone uses that shit nowadays), protocoins are kinda useless really most of what you can use them on aren't worth purchasing anyways besides maybe SP boost and promoting a map maybe(but u can just get a mod to feature the map), which leaves premium as their main source of income and map making being a huge benefit to entice people to purchase it
07.08.2019 - 13:26
Written by DeepFriedUnicorn, 07.08.2019 at 06:29

Add an "Undo your undo" button

Redo
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
07.08.2019 - 13:39
Written by Tribune Aquila, 07.08.2019 at 13:26

Redo

Haha, shit!, thanks
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
07.08.2019 - 14:23
 4nic
Written by Black Vortex, 07.08.2019 at 06:52

1. Events to neutrals in scenario editor
2. Visible no-go's
3. Allowing you to give events to a player inside of a city that's neutral (essentially letting them capture a neutral city through an event) in the scenario editor,
4. Being able to select the country borders when clicking on a border (it only opens up the country's menu, it doesn't highlight the border itself you're trying to select),
5.Make it possible to have multiple of one unit type but only spawn one specific type of unit as the starting units in cities(like having muskeeters and line infantry both as main defense but only allowing 1 of the two to spawn in cities when game starts so you don't have a mix of different units in cities)

Also in scenario editor please for god's sake change the color's slider's default settings:
From this:

To this:

Most people aren't aware of what this does and as a result whenever they make a map in html5 the colors look horrendous as fuck. If the default is set to this it'll make the maps look not as horrid as they do

0.40 is the default transparency, not 0.50
----
~Napoleon

07.08.2019 - 15:37
Fix the clonning issue, i can't clone any map and i tried all the browsers.
07.08.2019 - 16:44

This is already possible
07.08.2019 - 16:49
Written by Reichsheer, 07.08.2019 at 08:15

At the current moment you can clone it and it will turn into html5
07.08.2019 - 16:51
Written by Tundy, 07.08.2019 at 16:44

This is already possible

It's not, I've tried and it still mixes up units even if you put starting turn later in game
07.08.2019 - 16:54
Written by Black Vortex, 07.08.2019 at 16:51

It's not, I've tried and it still mixes up units even if you put starting turn later in game

Units assigned to a specific faction don't spawn as neutrals
07.08.2019 - 17:03
Written by Tundy, 07.08.2019 at 16:49

Written by Reichsheer, 07.08.2019 at 08:15

At the current moment you can clone it and it will turn into html5

I've tried it for all my maps, I've also tried removing units, borders, cities. Doesn't work for me :/
----
07.08.2019 - 17:18
 Dave (Admin)
Written by DeepFriedUnicorn, 07.08.2019 at 06:29

What do you mean? New ideas? Or just to fix the map editer up a bit?

I just want to know what specific tasks are needed to fix the map editor. People ask "when is the map editor going to be finished", but there is no agreement on what "finished" means.

Yes there is a lot of potential and lots of new ideas floating around, but all that is going to have to wait until we rewrite it from scratch.

All I want is a concrete list of 5, 10, however many things that we can all agree to consider the map editor "finished" in its current form.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

07.08.2019 - 17:41
Written by Dave, 07.08.2019 at 17:18

The border glitch most people are dealing with

"Redo"... button (Shoutout to the Sean Spicerrrrrrrrrrrr)

Transport transport units
----
07.08.2019 - 20:54
I do think many of the ideas are great but yeah my biggest issue is the weird problems that come with cloning old silverlight maps, which I understand may be too far gone since its a different system. If there is a way to make it so that cloning silverlight map projects to edit in html that always works, then that would be awesome.

Ofc "fixing" the map maker isn't really the idea of new implementations but it would help make map-making more easy. I think things like allowing the map maker to control a lot more would really go a long way in improving the map maker experience. Dave has done a ton with this already (such as the new color system which is amazing).
08.08.2019 - 10:12
Make it free please. don't allow to copy maps made by premium people, but make it be able to copy the normal world map,i want to finish my map but i cannot since map editor is only for premium.
----
yeetus deletus throw that fetus
08.08.2019 - 11:06
Written by Pancakes, 08.08.2019 at 10:12

Make it free please. don't allow to copy maps made by premium people, but make it be able to copy the normal world map,i want to finish my map but i cannot since map editor is only for premium.

You cant copy our maps as is unless we let you.
----

We are not the same- I am a Martian.
08.08.2019 - 11:52
 Alex
Add a thingy so 0 range units cant be moved with a general or by going blitz
----
Orcs are a horde, much like Turks. Elves and Men are light skinned, Orcs are often darker/sallow skinned, like Turks.

Istanbul?Thats not how you pronounce Constantinople
08.08.2019 - 12:26
1. Events to neutrals
2. No-go zones are visible
3. Set default transparency to 0.4
4. Let players make events in neutral cities
5. Clone world map without it breaking (world map is best map)
6. Have a "Map of the Week" system that allows anyone to play a chosen map for a week, for free! (probably hardest here to implement)

that just sums it up, I guess
----
https://prnt.sc/W3aEpwbpEwEU
08.08.2019 - 18:06
Custom victory conditions that include...

A. Holding a specific city for x amount of turns.
B. Holding several different specific cities for x amount of turns.

And having the victory conditions be different for each scenario player.

(Edit) This could probably come further in the future, since making decent maps takes months. It would be nice to know such a thing would be coming a long though, so that people could make maps with this in mind.
----
08.08.2019 - 21:34
Glitches that I have noticed so far:

• Complete destruction of the map: Sometimes, the first time you save your map, after saving the background image, the editor will show an error message while saving the country borders. You'll have to close the window and you'll never be able to open that map again. To be able to save my maps, I always have to first upload the background image, save it, and then start to draw the borders.

• Invisible borders: The editor dont show borders if you dont reupload the image after drawing them. You have to reupload the image to fix. this problem also affects the no-go zones (they lose their red color aswell).

• Tilted background: When the background image is too large, the editor kinda "split" it in separate parts and they don't properly match. If you draw the borders without fixing it (reuploading it), all the borders will be located in the wrong place.

• Event units problem: When you add/remove event units, you can't actually see the change on the map without closing and opening again, so you have to know what you are adding or removing by memory.

• No-go zones: Many of them doesn't work properly if isn't a huge portion of the map, so you can't draw small no-go zones.

• Editor doesn't save: I'm facing this problem right now... Basically, you edit the map normally and saves, but even the pop-up saying "saved successfuly", it actually didn't save it, so when you close and open the map again, it's all lost.

• Units images: Uploading images to an unit is a really surprise, you never now if it will work, and when work it will probably be assigned to the wrong unit. You have always to upload 2-3 times to make it right.

There are some minor stuff, but these that I have mentioned are pretty much the reasons why people doesn't make many maps anymore.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Things that I think would be a great improvement (specially for scenarios):

• Add neutral events.
  • Add destructible cities and/or the ability for an unit destroy a city.
  • Be able to add different buffs/nerfs for units who fight in a specific terrain.
  • Be able to see each player's income while editing.
  • Be able to establish a limit of units per player.
  • Be able to see unit's range at the map (the ideal range for the units change according to the map dimensions).
  • Customize victory conditions.
08.08.2019 - 21:50
Written by Black Vortex, 07.08.2019 at 09:41

Written by NegTheEskimo, 07.08.2019 at 09:17

There's a lot of people that get premium solely for map editing. Yeah you can argue saying that they should just give premium more features to entice people to buy it, but right now there isn't so doing so would be a bad move on their part

I'm one of those who buy premium only for map editing, but I still think here should be more special features, otherwise it is just too expansive.
08.08.2019 - 21:53
Written by woojoo, 08.08.2019 at 12:26

3. Set default transparency to 0.4

This isn't a good idea. The ideal for bright maps is around 0.55 to 0.65
09.08.2019 - 04:42
 4nic
Oh almost forgot, the general is bugged and doesn't work in HTML.
----
~Napoleon

atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word