Get Premium to hide all ads
08.11.2019 - 02:06
Hi everyone! It's about that time when I try and create a new competitive map that isn't too far from the traditional Europe+ that we seem to binge play. Now with this one it will be based in Europe again but hear me out first on why I think this is worth investing in.....

To start with I have recreated a field that is the same dimensions as the World maps Europe+ region(meaning all the city placements/unit ranges will be the same). The reason I have opted to focusing on certain regions(and yes i do plan on doing other presets just like this) is because it adds less strain on trying to balance/match incomes and reinforcements in other parts of the world so theoretically we could go wild with this without worrying of the effect outside of the local group. Now I believe there are loads of changes we can do to Europe+ without taking it too far from the traditional sense(i have loads of ideas already) but i also want to hear your guys opinions on this, I will firstly start off by drawing the same borders as the default world map and all other stats(as of posting i have done Germany and bits of eastern Europe just to make sure the dimensions are correct).

If you have any ideas you'd like me to explore or wish to discuss then post below, if I could get some support in that kind of form then it'd motivate me to finish this quickly. A small map of this size shouldnt taken me very long. Lets just pray that HTML5 is feeling generous that is...
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
08.11.2019 - 10:36
I was thinking what if each country had a speciality. A specific niche advantage and cons to counter it, like league of legends, rainbow six siege etc. That way the countries wouldnt be picked off their starting cash and unit count (eg UK/turk are most efficient picks this way)
As to how what these niches would be requires some thought
08.11.2019 - 11:49
Im curious in how the one will differ from the original base map? Are you going to adjust income to 2019 distribution/political realities like Crimea being attached to Russia south?
08.11.2019 - 12:13
Please don't waste time on another Europe. It is highly unlikely you will improve on the original and we'd all like something different. Try reworking the middle east. It has a nice water/land ratio and great potential if reworked with some income scale-ups.
----
08.11.2019 - 15:04
How about Nakarsia?
----
https://prnt.sc/W3aEpwbpEwEU
08.11.2019 - 20:55
Written by Permamuted, 08.11.2019 at 12:13

Please don't waste time on another Europe. It is highly unlikely you will improve on the original and we'd all like something different. Try reworking the middle east. It has a nice water/land ratio and great potential if reworked with some income scale-ups.

Am looking into that, I'm not abandoning this project but both are pretty small compared to maps I've made before so it shouldnt be too difficult to juggle.
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
09.11.2019 - 02:14
Almost finished both maps, will focus in finishing the middle east by morning tomorrow which I'll then make a separate thread for(only have one country left to add and other minor things). This Europe one has a bit of work to do(mainly just adding cities)
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
09.11.2019 - 02:15
Written by woojoo, 08.11.2019 at 15:04

How about Nakarsia?

Are you asking me to remake Nakarsia?
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
09.11.2019 - 14:17
No, just maybe Nakarsia needs to be played a bit more
----
https://prnt.sc/W3aEpwbpEwEU
09.11.2019 - 18:24
Waste of time tbh, You could just workout income changes for GME and that could become more playable.
----

13.11.2019 - 09:38
Written by Bisexual, 09.11.2019 at 18:24

Waste of time tbh, You could just workout income changes for GME and that could become more playable.

true
----
yeetus deletus throw that fetus
13.11.2019 - 20:40
It's about time we have something less shit than europe, been playing that for almost 2 decades now... literally, people have been playing 3v3 EU longer than some people have been alive...
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word