Get Premium to hide all ads
05.04.2020 - 13:45
 Rasp
To explain a idea I had and discussed with Froyer (thanks for your screenshot)

Idea
A lot of beginners would like to know which players they can ask private questions about gameplay, map making etc.

How to
Add a mentor tab: this is a list of experienced players, those with knowledge of some subjects, it should be only a few members.

Every mentor has specific skills and unique language, in that way it stimulates people to message mentors of their own language.

Perhaps it would be nice too to let the beginners rate the quality of feedback, but this could be used by trolls, so not sure if it is worth adding.
----
-
05.04.2020 - 14:24
Maybe just give a mute for trolls
----
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
05.04.2020 - 17:58
 temp
Please make this a thing, meme lowranks ruin my 3v3s. :_:
----

07.04.2020 - 20:36
 Dave (Admin)
Written by Rasp, 05.04.2020 at 13:45

A lot of beginners would like to know which players they can ask private questions about gameplay, map making etc.

Add a mentor tab: this is a list of experienced players, those with knowledge of specific subjects, it should be only a few members.

Every mentor have specific skills and unique language, in that way it stimulates people to message mentors of their own language.

Perhaps it would be nice too to let the beginners rate the quality of feedback, but this could be used by trolls, so not sure if it is worth adding.

This is the reason why the Supporter Team exists... to help new players into the game. I know some supporters are actively responding to /help chat, and seeking out new players to mentor. Unfortunately there is currently no system to measure this activity. So I'm already working on a way to track how many beginners are helped, and for them to rate their experience, so we can show some concrete statistics on each supporter's profile.

As for adding a listing of supporters which players can contact, I support this idea too but I will probably implement it in a slightly different way... I'm thinking about adding it in the bottom-right area similar to how our Moderators are listed.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

08.04.2020 - 20:55
Just a reminder to include all these features as part of your new tutorial. It took me a little while to be aware of quite a few of the game features, for example the mod tab, friends chat, coalition chat etc.
Cheers
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word