Get Premium to hide all ads
28.05.2020 - 08:26

Nova Aetas: 1450-1550

Be part of history and witness the glorious Renaissance! (work in progress)

Settings
This scenario must be played with 19 players and encourages the use of roleplay and diplomacy.

Suggested turn duration: 4 minutes.
Suggested alliance limit: 4 allies.
Victory condition: capture whole country.
Max. game duration: 50 turns.

Renaissance Wonders

One of the most unique mechanics of this scenario is the sporadic appearance of Wonders. From time to time, random cities in Europe will receive a Building that represents a technological advance or cultural progression as a result of the Renaissance period. The Wonders can be classified by types, each one of them giving its own bonuses and perks.

Architectural Wonder

Literature Development

Monumental Sculpture

Avant-garde Painting

Great Baroque Musical

These unique wonders can't be captured, once the player who received the item loses his city, the work will also be lost forever, like tears in the rain. New cultural advances can happen any time. Negative events are also a possibility, prepare yourself to face historical challenges like the Black Plague, Protestant Reformation, War of the Roses and even famine!

Age of Discovery

Be ready to explore the America in a new different way. Portugal, Spain, England and France will eventually receive their own expeditionary units that can cross the Atlantic in a few turns and start founding their colonies. Having a colony anywhere can hugely improve your nation's income, so be ready to fight to keep it. All other nations may also adventure through the Americas, but for them it will be a slow advance and really expensive investment.

Playable factions

(I'll be releasing more information soon...)

The factions available for players to choose will be divided in five classes:

● Great Powers
Nations of great territorial extension and great military power. They are more susceptible to facing revolts in their lands.
Wonders received: 5.
Factions:
Ottoman Empire

Kingdom of France

Crown of Castile and Aragon

Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

Kalmar Union

Habsburg Monarchy

● Ancient Africans
African kingdoms with great possessions, but militarily weak, without navy and fortresses, however, have great capacity for expansion.
Wonders received: 0-2.
Factions:
Mali Empire

Ethiopian Empire

Kingdom of Kongo

● Fierce Conquerors
Nations pressured to fight against their neighbors, either out of greed or revenge. They are remarkably attacking and have a weak defense.
Wonders received: 1.
Factions:
The Golden Horde

Mamluk Sultanate

Grand Duchy of Muscovy

● Bastions of Culture
The largest known cultural sources. All of these nations are very likely to receive Renaissance wonders to boost their ambitions.
Wonders received: 5-15.
Factions:
Sultanate of Morocco

Italian States

Holy Roman Empire

Kingdom of Portugal

● Fragmented Civilizations
Small and vulnerable nations due to their political instability and hostile neighbors. However, its cultural heritage can hold good results, as do many unique military units and impenetrable fortresses.
Wonders received: 0-3.
Factions:
Kingdom of England

Teutonic Order

Minor Powers

Struggle for Power

The 15th and 16th centuries were marked by brutal revolts and bloody wars across Europe. There were times when feudal lords oppressed minorities and, at the same time, the rise of the bourgeoisie occurred. Many small nations can suddenly appear during the game, get ready to crush them! Some of the nations that can arise and rebel against their masters or summon an ethnic group under a unifying banner:

Kingdom of Thessalonica: Thessalonica War of Liberation, 1454 (~turn 4).

Kingdom of Georgia: Turkmen incursions into Georgia, 1460 (~turn 6).

Principality of Catalonia: Catalonian Civil War, 1462. (~turn 7).

Novgorod Republic: Gathering of the russian lands, 1471 (~turn 9).

Principality of Theodoro: Ottoman invasion of Crimea, 1475 (~turn 10).

Duchy of Brittanny: French-Breton War, 1487 (~turn 12)

House of Hohenzollern: Treaty of Pyritz, 1493 (~turn 13).

Kingdom of Granada: Rebellion of the Alpujarra, 1499. (~turn 14).

Kingdom of Navarre: Spanish conquest of Navarre, 1512 (~turn 15).

Kingdom of Sweden: Swedish War of Liberation, 1521 (~turn 17).

United Provinces: Dutch War of Independence, 1566 (~turn 20).

One player will be responsible for managing all these rebel provinces and other minor powers, which will include the Kingdom of Scotland, Lordship of Ireland, Yemeni States and the Hafsid Kingdom. It is extremely important that the person handling the rebellions pay attention to his events, which will occur all around Europe and Middle East. The "Minor Powers & Rebels" pick is for those who just wanna play for fun and have a good time.

Players may receive events to form coalitions/confederations, which prejudice other players and increase your military power. Some of the formable nations are: Haiti, by Kongo (turn 10), Kingdom of Prussia by Teutonic Order (turn 12), Iberian Union by Castile (turn 14), Tripoli by Morocco (turn 15), Kingdom of Cyprus by Mamluk Sultanate (turn 17), La Plata by Castile (turn 18), Kingdom of Croatia by Muscovy (turn 18), Kingdom of Armenia by Muscovy (turn 20), Kingdom of Greece by Italian States (turn 25), Kingdom of Jerusalem by Italian States (turn 25), France Antarctique by France (turn 26). The country will spawn as an event, consisting of a strong army led by a powerful general carrying nationalist banners.

Witness the History

As a comestic/roleplay resource, Nova Aetas will provide historical figures from history to each player. It is a unique unit unlocked by event, each one with specific attribute values and bonuses. For reasons of simplicity, these differentiated units will be called "Great People", which are divided into classes: writers, artists, musicians, generals, admirals, engineers, priests, scientists and merchants. Event order:

Giovanni de' Medici, Italian States, merchant - Turn 2.
Andrei Rublev, Grand Duchy of Muscovy, artist - Turn 3.
Jeanne d'Arc, Kingdom of France, general - Turn 4.
Ibn Taghribirdi, Mamluk Sultanate, writer - Turn 5.
Sigurd Jonsson, Kalmar Union, general - Turn 6.
Donatello, Italian States, artist - Turn 7.
Gabriele Tardino, Italian States, engineer - Turn 8.
Guillaume Dufay, Habsburg Monarchy, musician - Turn 9.
Hieronymus Bosch, Habsburg Monarch, artist - Turn 10.
Leonardo da Vinci, Italian States, engineer - Turn 12.
Josquin des Prez, Kingdom of France, musician - Turn 13.
Eleni of Ethiopia, Ethiopian Empire, general - Turn 13.
Ferdinand Magellan, Kingdom of Portugal, admiral - Turn 13.
Jakob Fugger, Holy Roman Empire, merchant - Turn 14.
Niccolò Machiavelli, Italian States, writer - Turn 15.
Martin Luther, Holy Roman Empire, priest - Turn 15.
Michelangelo, Italian States, artist - Turn 16.
Álvaro de Bazán, Crown of Castile & Aragon, admiral - Turn 17.
Mimar Sinan, Ottoman Empire, engineer - Turn 17.
Francis Drake, Kingdom of England, admiral - Turn 18.
Miguel de Cervantes, Crown of Castile & Aragon, writer - Turn 20.
William Shakespeare, Kingdom of England, writer - Turn 22.
Gustavus Adolphus, Kalmar Union, general - Turn 23.
Galileo Galilei, Italian States, scientist - Turn 24.
Ana Nzinga, Kingdom of Kongo, general - Turn 24.
Nicolas Durand, Kingdom of France, admiral - Turn 26.
Margaret Cavendish, Kingdom of England, writer - Turn 26.
Madame d'Aulnoy, Kingdom of France, writer - Turn 28.

Writers: defence bonuses against militias, its movement range is high and may carry other units; Artists: defence bonuses against cannons; Musicians: high movement range and may carry other units, they have long view range; Engineers: strong units with defence bonuses against cannons and warships; Merchant: can carry other units and its movement range is usually high; Priests: huge defence bonuses against non-cavalry units; Scientists: similar to merchants, but stronger; Generals/Admirals: more combative, with strong attributes and defence bonuses against specific units.

Rules

1) Minor Powers & Rebels can't make peace or ally until turn 25.
2) Ancient Africans must fight Kingdom of Portugal.
3) Ottomans can't ally Mamluks. They're allowed to make peace, but not stay as allies.
4) Grand Duchy of Muscovy can't ally The Golden Horde. They're allowed to make peace, but not stay as allies.
5) Crown of Castile must declare war on Kingdom of Portugal in turn 14. They're allowed to make peace if Castile capture Lisbon.
6) Crown of Castile and Kingdom of France must be at peace until turn 9.
7) The Pope (Italian States) may issue orders to self-proclaimed catholic nations, those who ignore or refuse to obey may be excommunicated.
28.05.2020 - 09:33
Looks great
----
You´re trash, Brock
28.05.2020 - 09:58
Inshallah
28.05.2020 - 12:15
Best new map i've seen in long time. Top 3 of this map:
-Amazing historical accuracy.
-Learn about times many ppl dont know very well.
-Gameplay is fun and every country are intresting to play.
+ I wonder how much time Estus spend on this This is masterpeace of professional mapmaker.
28.05.2020 - 12:23
 Rasp
Nice Estus, great map!
----
-
28.05.2020 - 12:46
28.05.2020 - 20:47
Best map ever. I love these scenarios! Worth the play and time!
28.05.2020 - 20:57
Kolonial Kongo
Kolonial Kongo
----
https://prnt.sc/W3aEpwbpEwEU
29.05.2020 - 07:06
I think I never saw sth like this before in AW
Well done =)
----
Tell me something, my friend. You ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
I always ask that of all my prey.
I just like the sound of it.
29.05.2020 - 07:54
19 players, 50 turns, 4.4 hours of intense politics and intrigue. Roleplay is not dead.

Thank you all!
31.05.2020 - 13:54
Make africa great again
01.06.2020 - 14:21
Written by Estus, 29.05.2020 at 07:54

19 players, 50 turns, 4.4 hours of intense politics and intrigue. Roleplay is not dead.

Thank you all!

I'm loving it!
----

02.06.2020 - 02:50
Sounds amazing. Now if only the map would get hosted and actually fill in my timezone...
02.06.2020 - 07:36
Written by International, 02.06.2020 at 02:50

Sounds amazing. Now if only the map would get hosted and actually fill in my timezone...

02.06.2020 - 11:26
Best map ever mine A fest of crows and also <3 estus
----
they said play atwar,they said it would be fun,dam

We are not the same - I am a Martian
08.06.2020 - 16:54

It is real to me goddammit!
21.07.2020 - 14:54
Vinci's tank only existed on paper!
MAY GOD FOREVER DAMN THE POEPLE FOR REJECTING THE PLAN!
14.10.2020 - 15:47
Made some small changes in all eastern Europe and Middle East, one of them is that now mamluks, ottomans, russians and the Golden Horde will start the game with 01 special ground transport.

14.10.2020 - 21:08
Written by Estus, 14.10.2020 at 15:47

Made some small changes in all eastern Europe and Middle East, one of them is that now mamluks, ottomans, russians and the Golden Horde will start the game with 01 special ground transport.

Finally. I've been waiting for this update for months now
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word