Get Premium to hide all ads
08.08.2020 - 10:30
Upon agreement from (now former) Order of The Emperor members, we have decided to release all of the guides, expansions & other helpful threads that we used inside the clan. Garde throughout the past year or so has gone threw the forums and brought public (mostly) information together to one thread that makes it easy for someone to learn what the thread is talking about.

These guides are endorsed officially by the Supporters Team (est. 8/8/2020) as they are made by the community as a whole and includes different points of view on the game- all while covering one basic topic to allow the player to easily read and understand what they came to the thread to prey their eyes on.

Do be mindful that these guides may still be updated over time and have sections put on them ahead of time- Also be mindful of other peoples' views.

Advanced Tactics 4: Shortcuts was made by Garde.

Most of you at least a few shortcuts around the map already, but in this thread I'll be cataloguing every single one currently possible in HTML5, and a few adapted from Silverlight. Some of the more complex shortcuts may take some time to perfect, so just be patient. I'll explain how to do every single shortcut as I go through this list, as well make sure you're using Firefox or Edge, most of these do not work in Chrome. As well: Some of these are Land shortcuts, but most are indeed sea ones.

Europe:

1). Glasgow → North Sea ("Glasgow Passage")

This one is rather tricky, and only a few people can do it reliably. Simply put: You want to use that ship icon above your unit total as a sort of measure to find the exact 4x4 square of pixels where you can safely transfer your Transport. Start by lining up the bottom of the ship icon with that straight coastline as you see me do, then line up the Mast with the end of that lighter area on the background texture (the River Tay). Practice being able to locate this safe zone a lot in a private game before committing to it in a 3v3 or otherwise.

2). English Channel → Bay of Biscay ("Brittany Passage")

Step I. Step II. Step III.

This one took me a long time to get. This one relies on the "blank mooring" glitch and the regular mooring glitch. As you see in Step I, I am not mooring my Transport when moving it into the bay outside of Hillion. The reason? You need to moor twice to transfer successfully through Brittany, so wasting your first moor on the coast here won't work. I'm not sure as to why AtWar only gives you two moors before it locks you out of moving further, but that's just how it is.

Anyhow: Once you land near Hillion, move over to Step II and do your first moor; You want to maximize your distance as much as possible here, down to the pixel even. This can be tricky, and even after you move to Step III you may notice the transfer not working, simply put: Step II is crucial to get this right. You want to orient your Transport as straight to Île-aux-Moines as possible, because as you see in Step III, that's your exit point.

Once you think you're ready for Step III, you need to moor one last time, but ensure you utilize the blank mooring glitch: In a nutshell, just as you did for Step I, you have to maximize your distance here, too. Only when you do so, it should be the exact pixel of maximum distance you have left. You'll know you've moved properly if there is no mooring icon even though the pathline is white. Once you've done this, you should be able to just move right into the Bay of Biscay.

3). Various Irish Sea shortcuts

These are primarily used for Rangemaxing and various complicated Iron Fist expansions, among others. I typically abuse them if I'm playing Naval Commander as well, or if I'm invading the British Isles as Naval Commander Sweden. Can be used whenever, though.

4). English Channel → London ("Southern Entrance")

This can be used to sneak your units into London if need be, or launch an attack on it if your opponent possesses some sort of obstruction hindering the usual Thames way in.

5). Kiel Passage

This is the classic approach to the Kiel passage. There are other variants used to Rangemax to different locations below this one.

6). Northern Kiel Passage

7). Southern Jutlandic Passage

8). Northern Jutlandic Passage

Step I. Step II.

9). Hamburg → Baltic sea

10). Aarhus → United Kingdom

Step I. Step II.

11). Baltic Sea → Lake Peipus

12). Umea → Stockholm

This one can give you trouble if and only if you moor north of Stockholm with your naval unit. The trick is to avoid mooring, as it does not give you the same limitation on range that you would normally have when moored.

13). Umea → Saint Petersburg

Step I. Step II.

14). Cotentin Passage

15). Bay of Biscay → Bordeaux

16). Asturias Passage

17). Galicia Passage

18). Cape St. Vincent Passage

19). Gades Passage

20). Corsican Passage

21). Sardinian Passage

22). Sicilian Passage

23). Calabrian Passages

24). Cosenzan Passage

25). Apulian Passages

26). Arcadian Passage

Step I. Step II. Step III.

This is another one of those three-step blank mooring passages that takes a little practice. If you're trying to reach Turkey from Bari and need to pass Athens however, this is your best Rangemax option for doing so.

27). Helsinki Shortcut

28). Accelerated Murmansk

----
09.08.2020 - 03:11
These all should be consider as bug and must be fixed.
09.08.2020 - 17:44
Written by Ivan., 09.08.2020 at 03:11

These all should be consider as bug and must be fixed.

Maybe, but imagine a Germany without Sweden.
----
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
14.09.2020 - 15:11
<3
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word