Get Premium to hide all ads
19.02.2011 - 14:04
Every time I play a world game, I lose to asia because of their superior numbers. Anyone know a good way to combat this? I usually end up being russia central or northwest, and taking over most of Europe, but my numbers dont compare (I usually have way more money than I need, I just cant outproduce) I will even use every lil countries production and the numbers are still staggeringly against me.
----
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."
-Mao Zedong
"The revolution... is a dictatorship of the exploited against the exploiters."
-Fidel Castro
19.02.2011 - 14:25
There really isn't a single strategy that can be used constantly as your opponent can be using a number of different strategies. One piece of advice I would say is always applicable is to never be completely defensive, when you do this you're allowing the other player to concentrate all of their forces on attacking a single area. Asia is a lot more spread out than the west so it takes longer to move troops, or they have to rely on expensive transports so if you can defend against their attacks while hitting them close to home they will have to retreat or at the very least send less troops at you. This is just a bit of general advice and as I said you need to adapt to the way the other person is playing. Also if you're in europe there are a bunch of 1 or 2 reinforcement countries so autoproduction can be your friend.
19.02.2011 - 14:36
Send ~50 marines into Asia, devide and place them next to the Chinese/Korean capitals and hit them all simultaneously one turn before the respawn.
This tactic needs patience and your enemy might advance far into your lands, but in one turn you will have most of his mainland and can fight him on his soil.
While doing so, you should be able to push him out of Europe again, because he won't get that much of an income. This tactic works very well on Asia, because the cities are so far away from each other.
You just have to watch your enemy, how he is moving his troops to Europe and avoid detection, while bringing your marines into position.
Bringing the war to your enemy is always the best you can do. Don't get defensive.
19.02.2011 - 16:40
Glorious China is immune to all attacks after it's beautiful unification.

The only way to stop a superpower in Asia is to attack it before it expands. A unified Asia (Japan, China, India, Vietnam, etc.) is practically invincible when unified.
----
Our Mahdi will have a broad forehead and a prominent nose. He will fill the earth with justice as it is filled with injustice and tyranny.
19.02.2011 - 22:39
Mahdi, thats kind of what bothers me about it...seems almost unfair.

Still, Learster's advice seems rather sound. I think I might as well try it 'fore I go and complain about ASIA TOO STWONG!
----
-Mao Zedong
-Fidel Castro
19.02.2011 - 23:09
Try it backwards, whith the same players it could be just awesome skill also which strategy do you use?
20.02.2011 - 00:28
I used to use tank general, been using perfect defense lately. I never play it very defensively though, it just is a solid way to make sure you wont get too messed up. In fact as soon as I see an opening I jump for it.
----
-Mao Zedong
-Fidel Castro
20.02.2011 - 06:00
I agree with Learster tactic, that's where Asia can be hit really hard. 3 stacks of 20 stealth units can hit Asia very hard, cutting money and reinforcements.

Could be done with bombers too.
20.02.2011 - 17:09
Normally when I have full Europe and Russka I can pretty much kill everything.
20.02.2011 - 17:31
Learster's strategy is fine but it's made almost useless by a couple of defense lines. Stealth units are great but it's very easy for them to get caught and marines defense will not stand up well to an attack.
20.02.2011 - 18:46
What if you send enough marines to take out the defense lines seperate from the main group? The D-lines will go down a turn after and you can move in the rest of your marines into the capital. The Asian player might expect that force to be all there was.
----
CONAN! What is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!
20.02.2011 - 19:02
Like a successful Asian power uses defense.

150 tanks by capital. 100s more razing your cities.
----
Our Mahdi will have a broad forehead and a prominent nose. He will fill the earth with justice as it is filled with injustice and tyranny.
22.02.2011 - 09:58
You can always go by sea, which I prefer anyways. Most of the important Asian capitals lie by sea and you also are able to take Japan. That alone makes it 1800 less income for him.
23.02.2011 - 12:13
With the new combat system , the question now is : how do you take out Europe ?
23.02.2011 - 16:00
Very true money is now much more important.
23.02.2011 - 20:59
 Hawk
In the hands of a good player, Asia is undefeatable (maybe by the New World in some situations). It can pump out over 200 units on a reinforcement turn and has incredibly high income. This is particularly problematic when the opponent uses a strategy like PD, where a certain unit (infantry) is basically free, and has good income and very high defense. Tank General also works very well since money is not an issue. Overall, Asia should have less income and less unit output. Realism should be ignored in favor of balance, and Asia is, without question, the best area in the game, regardess of strategy used or skill of the player.
23.02.2011 - 22:01
Written by Hawk, 23.02.2011 at 20:59

In the hands of a good player, Asia is undefeatable (maybe by the New World in some situations). It can pump out over 200 units on a reinforcement turn and has incredibly high income. This is particularly problematic when the opponent uses a strategy like PD, where a certain unit (infantry) is basically free, and has good income and very high defense. Tank General also works very well since money is not an issue. Overall, Asia should have less income and less unit output. Realism should be ignored in favor of balance, and Asia is, without question, the best area in the game, regardess of strategy used or skill of the player.

I tend to disagree with that, only because I willingly stash marines everywere in world games so if let's say asia becomes a problem, their swiftly taken care of. Most players just put on tank general and conquer the neutrals, having borders in certain places tends to help, like not going past the new world, or only taking europe. In many ways, asia is very defeatable, unless they have a good 50 infantry in a citie and PD is on, THAT'S a problem.
24.02.2011 - 05:35
Asia is still hard to take, but Europe is harder now with the new combat system.

The balance is coming...

I have to test taking north America with either Asia or Europe.
07.03.2011 - 21:31
If you are in a Asia or Asia and Oceania game (world game too if you've got Europe allied fighting USA i guess) A 5000 fund game

First pick will always choose North Korea 90% of the time lol. You choose Syria. Keep your troop count low, only enough to take Turkey, Israel, Lebanon and Egypt (all Militia) and then move to Iraq, and upto Russia,with more troops moving to Iraq for India (it's very important you get India first, you also need the money from Russia, reinforcing with the cities you take should be fine.)

Because North Korea has to fight infantry, you have to use less funds to make troops because they die less, you only really have to build a big amount of troops when you start taking India, which shouldn't be a problem.

The idea here is to move extremely quick, get to India before north Korea does and defend it and you should be fine.

and get stats like this:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/joelph/Untitled-3.png
07.03.2011 - 22:20
Or like this
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa470/Marc_Jr/afterwind/Afterwind2520.jpg
07.03.2011 - 22:42
How long did that game take you marc?
----
Bow down before the mathmagician
08.03.2011 - 01:48
A few hours but thats 1 of many that ended the same me and 2k+sp I just was told to take the pick to show and prove the victory.
14.03.2011 - 15:54
You can't really fight Asia... Once someone has Japan, Koreas, 3 chinas, mebbe India, and 2/3 russia, +PD and at least 20 marine stacks by every capital in these areas, even for a low-level noob like me, with this i basically won the game.
----
15.03.2011 - 02:37
Asia By the way may have a great income and a great amount of people but if you look at there income per capita is rediculusly low and they need to import almost every raw material from other countrys so asia is NOT correct in its stats. income should be much lower pop is about right though. breaking up those countrys into 2 zones each would make it longer to get the same amount of troop production and lowering the income would bring russia to a playable level to compeet with asia, meanwhile the gross capital in euprop as a whole is kinda high once one player controls the entire continent. Also europe has the added advantage of proximity of small area. this needs to be adjusted down across the board as well. no country should produce 30's another country. 5x or 8x is ok but 30x is way to over powered
This means Germany should produce 8 units per unit astonia produces. Now obviusly germany can and should produce more but ballance this by breaking it up into smaller areas or giveing astonia more troops(this is an example)
no one player should every get a 3000% advantage from start so map needs work.

One proposal would be to increase the area you can zoom the map into this would alow for a more detailed map more citys Better ability to move ships by denmark and germany and more devided countrys. as is being discused with indea and china.
----
Where's the BEEF!
17.03.2011 - 04:49
I got nothing. XD

Asia rules.
18.03.2011 - 02:29
Oh btw the key to beating asia is to stop thier expasion about india and then be evil.
20.03.2011 - 23:19
You cant beat asia unless you control all of europe+Mid east turky and part of russia.
then you have a large enuff front.

Strengths of asia are plane as day but a few that are overlooked is alot of good capitals are sea based alowing you to pop 40 distroyers on the map in one turn to retake any lost countrys.
Another strength is its so far back you dont even need troops in it to defend it just build them as players advance past your main line.

the only weekness of asia is its distance needed to get to eupor but that is actualy an advantage because it alows you to use the melitia you get by conquring the citys as your troops and all you need to buy is 1 transport and bombers to acompany them to blitz across the map rapeing the world for cash.
----
Where's the BEEF!
20.03.2011 - 23:23
Written by UrlanderPendragon, 20.03.2011 at 23:19

You cant beat asia unless you control all of europe+Mid east turky and part of russia.
then you have a large enuff front.

Strengths of asia are plane as day but a few that are overlooked is alot of good capitals are sea based alowing you to pop 40 distroyers on the map in one turn to retake any lost countrys.
Another strength is its so far back you dont even need troops in it to defend it just build them as players advance past your main line.

the only weekness of asia is its distance needed to get to eupor but that is actualy an advantage because it alows you to use the melitia you get by conquring the citys as your troops and all you need to buy is 1 transport and bombers to acompany them to blitz across the map rapeing the world for cash.

yup. what he said
----
01.04.2011 - 04:30
Ok I didn't have time to read all the posts above, so someone might have already said this.

I think the key to fighting Asia is that you have to use ALL your cities and resources; Not just those on the front line. Whenever I fight Asia, I make tanks and marines on my front line, and I spam 100's of bombers back in the France/Germany/UK/Spain area. On a good turn, you can make 200 bombers in Europe.

I can't remember any time that I've lost to Asia using this strategy.
----
"Si vis pacem, para bellum" - Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus
01.04.2011 - 04:33
Written by Mahdi, 19.02.2011 at 16:40

Glorious China is immune to all attacks after it's beautiful unification.

The only way to stop a superpower in Asia is to attack it before it expands. A unified Asia (Japan, China, India, Vietnam, etc.) is practically invincible when unified.

It really depends on the person play.. I realize that a good country can help a lot, but a good player should be able t make do out of any situation. And also, I've beaten many players that have had all of Asia... All you have to do is use all of your resources and cities to their full extent. Never leave a city that has unused troops or reinforcements in it.
----
"Si vis pacem, para bellum" - Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word