Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by MrPhobos, 26.10.2020 - 17:26
I know AtWar leans right but I am curious who you all think is really going to win the 2020 US Presidential Election. Thank you <3

Poll

Who will Win this Election?

God Emperor Trump
Sleepy Joe Biden
Momma Jorgenson

Total votes: 74
01.11.2020 - 20:57
Written by Acquiesce, 01.11.2020 at 18:00

Written by DeepFriedUnicorn, 29.10.2020 at 12:28

IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE WHOLE WORLD LAUGHING AT YOU EVERY FOUR YEARS

Why is it so many Europeans seem to think we care in the slightest whether they are laughing at us, or how they feel about our politics? It's such a feminine piece of rhetoric: "Don't you know the sophisticates in London and Paris aren't taking you seriously?" Listen pal, we don't think about you half as much as you think about us. Never mind the fact that England and Ireland operate as de facto U.S. territories. The reason some Europeans are beginning to speak like yanks is because they are yanks, just like Americans in the eighteenth century were Englishmen. Unfortunately, you are our colony--I don't like this any better than you do.

The thing is, you are the leader of the "free world". This is why the world will laugh if u do stupid shit. Ireland belongs to the EU and in no way operates as de facto US territory. If that were the case then Taiwan, Japan, Israel, well all western countries would be US territory. Europeans (West- Northern) speak proper english unlike Americans. Europeans are trulingual while americans mostly speak 1 language. Americans do not have shared history nor shared culture. If we as Europe operated as US colony then why wouldnt Europe support US sanctions on Iran.
01.11.2020 - 21:59
Written by DeepFriedUnicorn, 01.11.2020 at 19:38

Europe is not the world.

There's actually quite a lot of countries that support Trump. His approval rating is high in East Asian countries such as Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, and Hong Kong due to his anti-China policy. He's also popular in India as well due to his anti-China and anti-radical islam policies. And of course Israel is a big fan due to Trump's pro-Israel policies.

Africa strangely enough also seems to love him. His approval rating in Nigeria and Kenya are around 60%+ or so. They probably support him only because he is president, but it disproves the narrative that Trump is disliked across the world. Brazil also likes him, as do right-wing populaces across the world.

Of US allies, it's mostly just the west (Canada, Western Europe, Aus/NZ) that dislike him. They're entitled to their opinion but they are not the whole world, as you mentioned. The other countries that don't like him are China and some Islamic countries due to anti-China and anti-radical islam policies (the Travel ban etc).
01.11.2020 - 22:00
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Written by ITSGG1122, 01.11.2020 at 20:57

Ireland belongs to the EU and in no way operates as de facto US territory. If that were the case then Taiwan, Japan, Israel, well all western countries would be US territory

Taiwan and Japan do not have Yankee Candles. One cannot say the same for Dublin. I know full well Ireland is de jure a part of the EU but that doesn't make it any less true that Ireland is basically a bigger Massachusetts (sorry Laochra).
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
01.11.2020 - 23:39
 Dave (Admin)
Written by Acquiesce, 01.11.2020 at 22:00

Ireland belongs to the EU and in no way operates as de facto US territory. If that were the case then Taiwan, Japan, Israel, well all western countries would be US territory

Taiwan and Japan do not have Yankee Candles. One cannot say the same for Dublin. I know full well Ireland is de jure a part of the EU but that doesn't make it any less true that Ireland is basically a bigger Massachusetts (sorry Laochra).

There are more Irish living in the USA than in Ireland itself
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

02.11.2020 - 05:31

Hey now. Don't be slamming your countries allies just cause some edgy teenager said he didn't like your president. We are a sovereign nation yankee candles notwithstanding.
----
02.11.2020 - 06:06
 Agel
Hey this is MUCH more civiliced that what I expect from AtWar. It seems having Dave here (in this thread) makes people think before posting.
02.11.2020 - 08:20

What are you even saying? Because of Irish diaspora it makes it basically a colony?
02.11.2020 - 08:43
We lived the day for USA dumb dumbes to call Ireland and Uk their colony.... What's next guys will you claim Italy too because Italian diaspora in US?
----
02.11.2020 - 08:47
Written by JUGERS2, 02.11.2020 at 08:43

We lived the day for USA dumb dumbes to call Ireland and Uk their colony.... What's next guys will you claim Italy too because Italian diaspora in US?

Yes
----
02.11.2020 - 08:57
 Acquiesce (Mod)

What's next guys will you claim Italy too because Italian diaspora in US?

I'm glad you're keeping up.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
02.11.2020 - 10:26

Why is it so many Europeans seem to think we care in the slightest whether they are laughing at us, or how they feel about our politics? It's such a feminine piece of rhetoric: "Don't you know the sophisticates in London and Paris aren't taking you seriously?" Listen pal, we don't think about you half as much as you think about us. Never mind the fact that England and Ireland operate as de facto U.S. territories. The reason some Europeans are beginning to speak like yanks is because they are yanks, just like Americans in the eighteenth century were Englishmen. Unfortunately, you are our colony--I don't like this any better than you do.

Yeah. I saw a poll that showed how 80% of people in most European countries support Biden over Trump. I thought to myself, "isn't that a good thing?" (for Trump) It means that Biden must, presumably, be better at representing foreign interests than Trump. This is not to say European and American interests never coincide, but they certainly are not the same, and for Biden to maintain such overwhelming support coupled with the fact that there are significant differences between Europe and the United States, the extent that Europeans favor him alone should be enough to suggest that he is not favored on areas of common ground alone, but in other areas that Europeans exclusively support...
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
02.11.2020 - 12:56
Written by Tribune Aquila, 02.11.2020 at 10:26

Yeah. I saw a poll that showed how 80% of people in most European countries support Biden over Trump. I thought to myself, "isn't that a good thing?" (for Trump) It means that Biden must, presumably, be better at representing foreign interests than Trump. This is not to say European and American interests never coincide, but they certainly are not the same, and for Biden to maintain such overwhelming support coupled with the fact that there are significant differences between Europe and the United States, the extent that Europeans favor him alone should be enough to suggest that he is not favored on areas of common ground alone, but in other areas that Europeans exclusively support...

Biden's policies are closer to European standards than Trumps and this is why Europeans would support Biden over Trump.

By your logic, then Saudi- Arabia, and many other totalitarian countries support Trump/ republicans does this mean that Trump is representing Saudi interests?

So no, I think it has more to do with supporting the one who is closer to your ideals. Health care, gun policy, climate policy etc etc.
It is interesting that many European countries are governed by right wing parties while they would support the left wing (democrats) in USA. This just proves the point i made above.
02.11.2020 - 12:59

Nah Italy is a colony of many south American countries. Same goes for Spain and Portugal.
02.11.2020 - 14:22
Written by ITSGG1122, 02.11.2020 at 12:56

Written by Tribune Aquila, 02.11.2020 at 10:26

Biden's policies are closer to European standards than Trumps and this is why Europeans would support Biden over Trump.

By your logic, then Saudi- Arabia, and many other totalitarian countries support Trump/ republicans does this mean that Trump is representing Saudi interests?

So no, I think it has more to do with supporting the one who is closer to your ideals. Health care, gun policy, climate policy etc etc.
It is interesting that many European countries are governed by right wing parties while they would support the left wing (democrats) in USA. This just proves the point i made above.

No. My logic was that when presented with a choice, each American candidate will be preferred to some extent by foreigners, even if the choice is not binary. When foreigners choose to abstain from participating in a survey, that most likely means they do not share in the values of either candidate, which is to say their common ground. But when foreigners choose to vote for Trump, for example, that most likely means they share in his values more than Biden's values. This is of course flawed, since foreigners are mostly unfamiliar with the values of either candidate. This is precisely why the results should lend themselves a balanced outcome between the two candidates, simply because of the miracle of aggregation. But, of course, in that particular study, Europeans favored Biden significantly more than Trump. This means that Biden must represent the narrow interests of some Europeans whom Trump does not represent, which must skew the results towards one end. And although you did not provide any evidence, if Trump was favored by Middle Easterners more than Biden to an equal extent in the study at issue, that means Trump must represent the narrow interests of some Middle Easterners, since that would imply foreigners aren't aggregating as they should given the lack of any cost associated with voting for either candidate and the ignorance that comes along with that.

The real issue that we've both neglected deals with why the result is skewed in either direction. The reason Trump does, in my opinion, represent American interests more than Biden is because Trump's narrow representation of the interests of foreigners in the Middle East generally coincides with the same interests that exist in a free market, which is to say Trump's policy in the Middle East has been a positive sum game for the majority of both accessible populations.

But, of course, you provided no evidence whatsoever and I wouldn't expect you to, anyway. I think it would be more appropriate to assume that there is a relative balance in the Middle East between both candidates. That is what on-the-ground data collection should produce.
----
02.11.2020 - 19:04
I really don't want president Kamala within one year of biden being elected so
----
RP is terrible, but NWE is the worst of all
04.11.2020 - 08:45
Written by 31TENGRI69, 27.10.2020 at 19:21

Bruh moment

oh my god
french products too much expensive for poor kanka tengri
he support turkish economy only
buying drones and other turkish shits
----
06.11.2020 - 08:31
 Sid (Admin)
Written by Sid, 27.10.2020 at 14:16

Republicans when the blue wave hits

Hey
06.11.2020 - 11:26
Great erection.
----
06.11.2020 - 11:36
Written by Columna Durruti, 06.11.2020 at 11:26

Great erection.

Thanks
----
*enough atwar, leaving it for the game of real life
06.11.2020 - 12:27

Why is it so many Europeans seem to think we care in the slightest whether they are laughing at us, or how they feel about our politics?

The fact that you do not is itself ludicrous and self-destructive. You are losing your country unfortunately, soon there will be no red states to run to, as liberals are mass moving in the last red states worth moving and turning them blue. Tech is with them so you cant beat them. Soon you will have to come to Europe so we might as well be friends. Its either that or buddies with Columna and his friends.

It's such a feminine piece of rhetoric: "Don't you know the sophisticates in London and Paris aren't taking you seriously?" Listen pal, we don't think about you half as much as you think about us.

But that is the exchange between us. You are the superpower, so you export culture and we buy it. If you lose that, you will slowly lose influence. Might not seem that way but public opinion is strong especially at the global level. Netflix is full with stupid spanish shows. Please stop.

I think that the fact that out of 400 million the best you could find to represent your country is a pedo with mental disorder and a man-child that spends his day talking like a peasant on twitter is the culmination of the degeneration thats been happening.
----
06.11.2020 - 12:40
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Written by Sid, 06.11.2020 at 08:31

Hey

Congrats, you were wrong. There was no bluewave. lol
----
06.11.2020 - 12:46
 Sid (Admin)
Written by Acquiesce, 06.11.2020 at 12:40

Written by Sid, 06.11.2020 at 08:31

Hey

Congrats, you were wrong. There was no bluewave. lol

Yeah, when PA, Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Nevada all moved from red to blue, that was just a dream. I was talking about the president when I mentioned that, not the Senate which I kind of expected to be red still.
Biden 2020
FOUR MORE YEARS!
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Written by Khal.eesi, 06.11.2020 at 12:27

You are losing your country unfortunately, soon there will be no red states to run to, as liberals are mass moving in the last red states worth moving and turning them blue. Tech is with them so you cant beat them.

Wrong
Moving to red states is just as likely to make those people red.
The parties will change and adapt as they always have done. Your blackpilling is a shallow read of American political developments. 8)
----
06.11.2020 - 12:50
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Written by Sid, 06.11.2020 at 12:46

Yeah, when PA, Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Nevada all moved from red to blue, that was just a dream.

1) Bluewave refers to more than just the presidency. The senate and the house races have been a disaster for Dems.
2) NV was more blue in 2016. It moved closer to red.
3) The other states you mentioned are all incredibly close and will have automatic recounts.
4) Even if they go blue (in the presidential race), that is hardly the blue wave y'all were predicting. We aren't going to just pretend that the polls didn't say Biden +16 in Wisconsin and that Biden would win Florida, or that Texas would be a tossup.
----
06.11.2020 - 12:53
 Sid (Admin)
Written by Acquiesce, 06.11.2020 at 12:50

Written by Sid, 06.11.2020 at 12:46

Yeah, when PA, Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Nevada all moved from red to blue, that was just a dream.

1) Bluewave refers to more than just the presidency. The senate and the house races have been a disaster for Dems.
2) NV was more blue in 2016. It moved closer to red.
3) The other states you mentioned are all incredibly close and will have automatic recounts.
4) Even if they go blue (in the presidential race), that is hardly the blue wave y'all were predicting. We aren't going to just pretend that the polls didn't say Biden +16 in Wisconsin and that Biden would win Florida, or that Texas would be a tossup.

You're right actually, point taken.
06.11.2020 - 18:09
 Witch-Doctor (Mod)

Why is it so many Europeans seem to think we care in the slightest whether they are laughing at us, or how they feel about our politics?

The fact that you do not is itself ludicrous and self-destructive. You are losing your country unfortunately, soon there will be no red states to run to, as liberals are mass moving in the last red states worth moving and turning them blue. Tech is with them so you cant beat them. Soon you will have to come to Europe so we might as well be friends. Its either that or buddies with Columna and his friends.

It's such a feminine piece of rhetoric: "Don't you know the sophisticates in London and Paris aren't taking you seriously?" Listen pal, we don't think about you half as much as you think about us.

But that is the exchange between us. You are the superpower, so you export culture and we buy it. If you lose that, you will slowly lose influence. Might not seem that way but public opinion is strong especially at the global level. Netflix is full with stupid spanish shows. Please stop.

I think that the fact that out of 400 million the best you could find to represent your country is a pedo with mental disorder and a man-child that spends his day talking like a peasant on twitter is the culmination of the degeneration thats been happening.

We don't care about your uninformed opinion about our country. Do yourself a favor and stop wasting your time preaching to the choir.
06.11.2020 - 18:23
Written by Witch-Doctor, 06.11.2020 at 18:09

We don't care about your uninformed opinion about our country. Do yourself a favor and stop wasting your time preaching to the choir.

Why don't you do yourself a favor and stop caring about the opinions of some random brain damaged foreigner you've never met?
----
07.11.2020 - 12:36

Netflix is full with stupid spanish shows. Please stop.

Aw, come on Khal, not ALL of them are that bad... at least there must be one or two you'd spare!
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

07.11.2020 - 17:10
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word