Get Premium to hide all ads
01.12.2010 - 08:38
The game is moving, and fast. I applaud the devs.

However, I also think it is a good idea to be able to evaluate rules setting thouroughly.

I therefore suggest that certain parameters, such as city income increase rate, or say a tweak in unit cost, be exposed as game creation parameters (tweak a numeric value, select a checkbox, choose from a dropdown) instead of having global impact on everything.

Because while some may hate a rule change for the impact it has on say tank commander agression, it may be fun to have this rule active sometimes, sometimes not. And it would make the development / change cycle a bit more manageable for the devs, and give more power to the users.
01.12.2010 - 10:31
 Ivan (Admin)
Speaking of my own opinion, I would prefer to keep the game creation options rather simple - as it is, I feel there are already too many tabs, switches and checkboxes. Players don't bother with most of them anyway - and if we add more, it would make game creation a real chore.

Amok has the opposite opinion - so we'll probably go for the middle ground
01.12.2010 - 14:13
Written by Ivan, 01.12.2010 at 10:31

as it is, I feel there are already too many tabs, switches and checkboxes. Players don't bother with most of them anyway

=o

The ONLY option I don't change is the 'allow alliances'. I change everything else depending on the type of game I wanna play.
04.12.2010 - 15:23
I love the options. Adds more perspective to the game, while you can still fire up a game quickly without changing much to the default settings.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word