Get Premium to hide all ads
01.10.2021 - 09:31
So with the tournament at the end of the season, I wanted the community to re-evaluate the following rules about the tournament:

Rules
Game set is 3v3.
2v2 clan wars will not be allowed in bracket phase.

If most of the cws during the season were 2v2s, why are we forcing a new format for the tournament? Would it be possible to get data to see the number of 2v2s vs 3v3s played this season?

And yes, I know this affects my clan, thats why i'm bringing it up. But i think this could effect others too. We have been cwing all season with 3 guys, and haven't played a single 3v3 because of the time zones we live in. I have tried recruiting, but that has mostly just been alts trying to get into my clan. The community is just very small, and really aggressive recruitment would more likely than not take away from another clan, which I don't want to do. We are a small community, lets not penalize activity becuase they can't get enough clan members to realiable 3v3. Active clans losing incentive to cw is bad for this community.

Can we change this rule to allow 2v2s in the tournament?

Side note, if your looking for a clan to cw with, PM me
01.10.2021 - 12:02
2vs2 aren't as fun as 3v3 to watch but yeah I get it your main team is asian, european and american shit timezone
----
01.10.2021 - 15:46
I agree. But my point is our community isn't big enough to support 3v3s, if we could there would be more of them played. I'm geniunely interested in the number of 3v3 vs 2v2 cws this season. I think there have been majority 2v2s.
11.10.2021 - 07:43
Written by Tungston., 01.10.2021 at 15:46

I agree. But my point is our community isn't big enough to support 3v3s,

I guess this is the real problem. If all are welcome for duels, by the same token shouldn't all be welcome for cw's ? Some players appear quite comfortable dueling against rank 4,5,6 players but said players will not play a 3v3 with the same players , let alone a cw. What happens to all those players from the duels?
I have appealed to players for quite some time to allow some rank 7's into the regular games. Needless to mention the outcome.Sometimes we need to let ego and stubbornness step aside and let rational thought prevail. Your standard 3v3 lobby games etc later form the foundations for your cw scene, if there is not continued growth there then at the end of the funnel scarcity is what you will experience. The rule should not be changed. At the very least it tries to encourage actually building a team. 2 is not a team. It still allows you to play 2v2 all season which is at least a compromise but it says to win the tournament you really need a team, which at the very least is 3. The new rules are an attempt to move in a better direction.
----
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
11.10.2021 - 18:55
Written by summa cum laude, 11.10.2021 at 07:43

Written by Tungston., 01.10.2021 at 15:46

I agree. But my point is our community isn't big enough to support 3v3s,

I guess this is the real problem. If all are welcome for duels, by the same token shouldn't all be welcome for cw's ? Some players appear quite comfortable dueling against rank 4,5,6 players but said players will not play a 3v3 with the same players , let alone a cw. What happens to all those players from the duels?
I have appealed to players for quite some time to allow some rank 7's into the regular games. Needless to mention the outcome.Sometimes we need to let ego and stubbornness step aside and let rational thought prevail. Your standard 3v3 lobby games etc later form the foundations for your cw scene, if there is not continued growth there then at the end of the funnel scarcity is what you will experience. The rule should not be changed. At the very least it tries to encourage actually building a team. 2 is not a team. It still allows you to play 2v2 all season which is at least a compromise but it says to win the tournament you really need a team, which at the very least is 3. The new rules are an attempt to move in a better direction.

Hey Summa, I actually agree with a lot of your points. I should be more inviting to lower ranks in 3v3s. I will start working towards doing this. I would invite others and you to do the same.

Why don't you log on to your rank 11 main account and show the community how a high rank can be inviting to lower ranks? Will you join me in trying to get these lower ranks into higher ranked games?
08.11.2021 - 08:54
2v2 CWs take more skill and are far more entertaining than 3v3 CWs. Having to 100% hold your own on west or east or you blow it for you team.
----
It's not the end.

atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word