Get Premium to hide all ads
09.10.2021 - 09:11
If any of you have parents that lived through the Soviet Union, then you know very well how they always keep reminding us about the bread lines, the first trip they took to the West in the 1990s and the constant surveillance of thought and communication. They would always finish their reminiscence with the catch-phrase "you cannot understand what we lived through."- sort of like the old folk''s saying of "in my days .....".

However, I believe that we are actually entering a period, if not worse, then on par with generations that had to live through the Great Depression, fascist dictatorships and even the Soviet Iron Curtain.

The mainstream media has completely legitimized what governments like Australia are doing to its citizens- if Scott Morrison were the Prime Minister of Iraq, Somalia or Belarus, he would have been labeled a fascist dictator with a tight grip on the population and the media. However, since he is part of a legacy brand country, they barely even report on the serfdom that has been created "for the greater good"- such as taking a selfie to show your location, vaccine mandates for recreation and for the privilege to socialize with "up to 5 people".
The closest example is the U.S's relation to South Africa during the Apartheid, where they closed their eyes to the segregation because Johannesburg was an ally against communist Russia. Now they close their eyes to the tyranny in France, Canada and Australia because they are all contracted by Pfizer and Moderna.

The worst part is that we will soon have a global economics disaster that will rival the 2008 recession, and it will impact everyone's salary. Here's a simple math problem for us all: if the reported inflation is 10% a year (official statistic from the Federal Reserve's CPI), then that means your salary at work must also increase by 10% per year, EVERY year. How many of you have had a 10% raise every year to fight back against the government's "official" inflation rate? I repeat "official", because real inflation is closer to 15%, hence why the stock market and cryptos are inflated.

Once the inflated stock market and cryptos go bust by the end of 2021, who is going to take the brunt of the losses? Obviously not Goldman Sacks, Blackrock or J.P Morgan.... it will be the average Joe and Jane who put their life-savings into the stock market and Bitcoin to fight against inflation.... that these criminals instigated in the first place!!

This is not a rant post- I would like to know your opinions on whether we can compare this generation to those of the 1910-1930s or is it too much of a stretch?
----
Miatsum Միացում Azerbaijan will be defeated
09.10.2021 - 10:12
Didnt know the people in australia are suffering from food shortages and they have breadlines.
Poor australians have it just as hard as poor soviets last century:(((((

I guess russian tyranny of last century is nothing compared the tyranny in nowadays france and canada. Trudeau bigger dictator than stalin the great lord himself.
09.10.2021 - 10:58
Written by ITSGG1122, 09.10.2021 at 10:12

Didnt know the people in australia are suffering from food shortages and they have breadlines.

I guess russian tyranny of last century is nothing compared the tyranny in nowadays france and canada. Trudeau bigger dictator than stalin the great lord himself.

I see... so you're part of the group that stays agnostic until proven otherwise. It is a fair point you're making, which I assume is: I will believe it when I see it. However, I am of the stance that the COVID pandemic is a false-flag operation created to induce a "Global Reset" (Klaus Schwab 2020), with the goal being to overhaul the evermore debt-ridden economies and pension systems that the governments have admitted are impossible to repay. I stand beside the hypothesis that the vaccine is a way to reduce immunity in elders and basically euthanize the entire pension receivers.However I would say that the Jews of the 1930s could have never fathomed that in 7 years they would be enslaved in labor camps, let alone cooked in ovens, so if we look at the situation from a linear perspective I would side with you.

I'm not saying that your argument is invalid, I just think we should look at this question from a broader spectrum instead of saying- I don't see bread lines, so this situation is incomparable. Because I would argue Australia does have concentration camps, they're just called "COVID Quarantine". I would argue that food will become a problem, they will just call it "inflation". And I believe that mass murder is happening right now, under the guise of "vaccine complications".

However, I am open to being proven wrong.
----
09.10.2021 - 11:09

Don't mind him... he's still taking the blue pill. Let him believe that the world is sunshine and rainbows. He probably receives his stimmy check.
09.10.2021 - 11:54
Written by KarabaghARMENIA, 09.10.2021 at 10:58

I see... so you're part of the group that stays agnostic until proven otherwise. It is a fair point you're making, which I assume is: I will believe it when I see it. However, I am of the stance that the COVID pandemic is a false-flag operation created to induce a "Global Reset" (Klaus Schwab 2020), with the goal being to overhaul the evermore debt-ridden economies and pension systems that the governments have admitted are impossible to repay. I stand beside the hypothesis that the vaccine is a way to reduce immunity in elders and basically euthanize the entire pension receivers.However I would say that the Jews of the 1930s could have never fathomed that in 7 years they would be enslaved in labor camps, let alone cooked in ovens, so if we look at the situation from a linear perspective I would side with you.

I'm not saying that your argument is invalid, I just think we should look at this question from a broader spectrum instead of saying- I don't see bread lines, so this situation is incomparable. Because I would argue Australia does have concentration camps, they're just called "COVID Quarantine". I would argue that food will become a problem, they will just call it "inflation". And I believe that mass murder is happening right now, under the guise of "vaccine complications".

However, I am open to being proven wrong.

You can think of it maybe in a positive way. Be glad our governments are even trying. If you were to live for say in 1918 and an pandemic of this kind was on earth, u surely would like ur government to do something about it?
Or if u lived during the plague times when central government was not a thing, and death rate of whole europe was even close to 70% surely ud like ur government to do something about it.

Im not saying covid is as deadly as the spanish flu or the plague, but thats because our hygiene and our medicines and our acces to health care is so big. And thats because we have a good centralized government which are there to take care of us unlike the 1500s or the 1900s.

Furthermore, people of every country needs to learn how to handle such pandemics, this is a good way to say how people react to pandemics. There is a thing called biological weapons, if in case of war your country will suffer most if ur people are retarded and keep resisting things such as vaccines.
Instead of thinking that there is some kind of plot in the whole world to kill people and blablabla. Thats just too far fetched and illogical.
We could also decide not to give any vaccines to the poor countries and make the price of vaccines 10000€ per dose. Lets see how happy those countries will be.
09.10.2021 - 12:00
 Dave (Admin)
My grandmother grew up during the great depression. When I was a kid she used to tell me stories about how bad it was. Her family was so poor, they would steal vegetables from the neighbor's farm just to survive.

Personally I was hit very hard by the 2008 recession. By 2009 I had exhausted all my savings, lost my house, lost my business. Thankfully I never had to resort to stealing food, but it was close. I had no family to fall back on. I ended up living on a couch in an office for a while, and despite working long hours I still couldn't make enough to live on. There were many occasions where I'd look in my wallet and see maybe $10, and have to decide how much of that to spend on food and how much to spend on gas for my car, because that $10 was all the money I had in the world.

I think its hard to understand that feeling -- spending the last dollar you possess, not knowing when you would have any money again -- unless you've lived through it. Still, my experience because of the 2008 recession was not as bad as those who lived through the great depression. I never faced starvation, cold winters without heat, or living on the street. It could have been worse. I only share my story to give some context to my perspective. I'm a conservative, which according to our mainstream media, apparently means I'm supposed to be evil and heartless, but in truth I'm very sympathetic to the cause of people who work hard and yet struggle to survive.

In my grandparents' generation, after WWII you could live a middle-class life on a single income. For example, my grandfather was a construction worker, and he made enough by himself to support his wife and 2 daughters and to buy a house in the suburbs of Los Angeles. Try doing that in 2021! It's totally impossible. Unless you're a doctor or a highly-skilled tech worker, realistically it takes a minimum of 2 incomes now to live at the same level, and even then you might still not make it.

Clearly, the economy has deteriorated a lot from the 1950's to now, from the perspective of low- and middle-class workers. (The elites, on the other hand, seem to be richer than ever.) This is not a sustainable situation. Will the economy crash in 2021? 2022? 2030? I have no idea. I am only certain that that's the road we are on, and unless something dramatic changes, it's going to end badly for us.

Unfortunately, the goverment is doing everything it can to speed up the decline. Ignore everything they *say*, because you never know if politicians are sincere or not (I tend to assume they are not, unless proven otherwise). Just look at what the government actually *does*, and you will find the answer. Maybe they have good intentions and are just ignorant of how economics works, or maybe they deliberately want us to be poor, I don't know. Either way, the fact is, their policies are actively making us poorer. (By "us" I mean the low- and middle-classes, not the elites who continue to get richer.) A lot of the problem is inflation.

Since the coronavirus pandemic, the U.S. has been printing money like there's no tomorrow. Only a tiny % of this has made it into the pockets of people who actually need it. Where did all the other billions and billions of dollars go? Probably to big corporations who didn't need it, but got it because they are politically well connected. Probably a lot went to numerous politicians' "pet projects". (Example: a town in rural Nevada got $8000 in Covid relief money to paint a mural on the outside of a community center. That's nice and all, but what does that have to do with recovering from Covid? Aside from the artist who got a big paycheck, how does that benefit anybody?)

Recently the U.S. even floated the idea of minting a $1 trillion dollar coin. So far they haven't actually done it, but that they would even consider it is evidence of the situation we are in. Can't print money fast enough? Let's just make trillion dollar coins!

It reminds me of this:

That's a 1 billion Reichsmark note. Maybe you could by a loaf of bread with it in 1925.

You see, we already know that when you recklessly pump money into an economy it causes inflation. Weimar Germany in the 1920-30's is the textbook example of this, but it's happened the same way in various places and at various times. Nevertheless, our elected leaders seem blissfully ignorant of history as they set off to do exactly the same thing all over again.

Inflation is already showing up, and it's bad. The prices of everything are going up. The elites don't care because they have plenty of money, so it doesn't effect them. Inflation hurts most the people who are least able to deal with it. And then the government says "no problem, we'll just raise the minimum wage" -- as if companies will just pay the extra money out of the goodness of their hearts and not pass it along to customers in the form of even higher prices! It's a vicious cycle, and once you get it started it's incredibly difficult to stop.

So yes, I am very concerned that we are right now living through times eerily similar to the 1920-30's.

I'm fascinated by the history of WWII, and the events leading up to it, because it shows us how quickly societies can fall. Weimar Germany was a vibrant democracy, but their horrible economic conditions directly contributed to the rise of nazism. In the space of 10 years they went from liberal democracy to the Third Reich and the holocaust. How can an entire nation of people abandon their beliefs and turn to evil in such a short time? And, more importantly, what's to stop it from happening again somewhere else?

I'm shocked by how much the United States has changed in the last 10 years. This time the danger is not from nazism or fascism, but rather communism. Either way though, the end result is certain ruin. As a nation we have lurched hard to the left, and ever since the pandemic this process is accelerating very quickly. Racial tensions, which had been steadily improving since the 1960's, are now getting worse daily. Economic conditions are the worst I've seen since 2008 -- despite the high stock market, cryptos, and real estate -- it feels like we're on the verge of another bubble. Crime is the worst it's been in decades. Homelessness is out of control. As I look around, by almost every measure our country is falling apart. I hope I'm wrong, but it's hard to deny the obvious.

The big crash hasn't come yet, but like I said, the course we're on is not sustainable. It could be months, it could be years, but it's only a matter of time. When it happens, there's no telling what horrors it may lead to, because apparently we have all forgotten the lessons of 100 years ago.

/end novel
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

09.10.2021 - 12:18
You are right to be skeptical of the attempts by western governments to provide "safety" to their populations... when the measures they use to provide safety are in many cases disproportional to the risks associated with other viruses. For example, if we quantify the safety measures governments use today and the dangers of COVID and then divide the former by the latter, the product must surely be greater than the prevailing ratio among other viruses. Why is this the case? Well, that's not obvious... and it's not right to jump to conclusions about it and the future of our world without contemplating more than a few factors.

I will argue that in the future, it is most likely that humans will look back on our generation as the ones who finally came to terms with our more primitive, colonial past... as the ones who despite having invented and been provided an unlimited supply of data, information, and knowledge at our finger tips, along with unprecedented forms of telecommunication, were nevertheless unable to come to the right terms about our past—that resulted in our ultimate descent and return to an authoritarian way of life, thus completing the cycle we ourselves knew tend to define the societies that predate us. Although, perhaps this is too optimistic a view, because it implies there will be future generations at all, and not a matrix-like scenario in which the generations that immediately proceed us realize that the burden we faced, despite the technology available to us, was none other than human biology itself. In which case, super-human societies might manifest, which we would regard as indistinguishable from cyborgs.

In this sense, if it is true that our primitive intelligence—which was never designed to fully understand reality, but is rather the byproduct of evolution—and the general burden we bear from our own biology... is greater than our technologically-expanded capacity for reason, then perhaps it is a good thing that our society is becoming more authoritarian (or, rather, the process through which it becomes more authoritarian). If reason would lead us down a path to self-destruction in the form of a matrix-like world, then one might argue that these ups and downs are expected and are indeed better than the alternative. However, I would argue that these ups and downs would lead to self-destruction, anyway, because of our potential for self-annihilation and its increased likelihood in the long-run. In either case, I will always advocate for reason, even if the broader society becomes less reasonable, and even if our humanity is lost.

In other words, I think we should embrace reason as individuals, and that even if the broader society becoming less reasonable and descending into authoritarianism (if we assume that authoritarianism is in the general sense unreasonable but widely desired by individuals) would preserve our humanity, that we shouldn't embrace the process that undergirds our descent as a matter of reason... and that, accordingly, is it is wrong to think that it is reasonable to preserve this primitive process of mean reversion. Instead, it should be sacrificed on the alter of the fact that destruction is inevitable in any case, and that our impact on the world will at least be preserved through the adoption of the type of reason which dictates that we should abandon our own biology to avoid the endless cycle that we are likely following today, and that manifests in the type of policies being perused by western governments, and that would be pursued by other governments except for the influence of the United States and western-oriented international organizations that were once guided by reason at the local maximum, before our reversion to the mean.

On a much narrower note, I will say that it is possible that our society becomes more authoritarian (i.e., guided by increasingly centralized rule-making authorities), but that as technology becomes increasingly complex, it is possible that before we approach the trough of the cycle of our civilization, we are able to finally modify our biology through continued digital immersion and the physical alteration of our biological interface with technology, and that whether it is implemented through a centralized or decentralized process, we might finally be able to get to that utopia everyone's been talking about for the past few millennia. Only, it won't be us who gets there, but rather a robot-human hybrid. Elon Musk is already talking about this. If you don't believe me, ask him. He's on to something, too. It's up to each of us, as individuals, to determine the course of the future of our universe before we reach the trough... before civilization collapses, as I think one would be hard-pressed to suggest that it will never collapse.
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
09.10.2021 - 12:31
 Dave (Admin)
Written by Tribune Aquila, 09.10.2021 at 12:18

You are right to be skeptical of the attempts by western governments to provide "safety" to their populations... when the measures they use to provide safety are in many cases disproportional to the risks associated with other viruses. For example, if we quantify the safety measures governments use today and the dangers of COVID and then divide the former by the latter, the product must surely be greater than the prevailing ratio among other viruses. Why is this the case? Well, that's not obvious... and it's not right to jump to conclusions about it and the future of our world without contemplating more than a few factors.

^^ agree with this. I'm not saying Covid isn't serious -- clearly it is, and people have died from it. However the response to Covid has been wholly out of proportion to the actual danger level. Draconian regulations, lockdowns, forced vaccinations, the deliberate ruining of entire sectors of the economy (to make people even more dependent on the government), and the shifting of huge sums of money from one group to another in the name of "covid relief" (with little accountability where this money is actually going)... it is all quite stunning to watch.

As Rahm Emanuel said:

Quote:
You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.
----
--Sun Tzu

09.10.2021 - 12:50
 Dave (Admin)
Personally I think our most likely future is Firefly, where after a horrible war we all end up living under an authoritarian central "alliance", and we all swear in Chinese.
----
--Sun Tzu

09.10.2021 - 13:14
Reply to Sean Spicer:

An English author by the name of Aldous Huxley wrote a fiction novel in the 1930s called "Brave New World". In it, he argued that future dictatorships would be different than those of the past, where the serfs would willingly abide to an authoritarian ruler. I think that his argument makes perfect sense in a world powered by Modern Monetary Theory, in which every citizen earns Universal Basic Income each month for obediently serving the state. Most low skill/ manual labor will be automated, and these citizens could watch Netflix and drink beer without having to think about shelter, food or income.

I think you are absolutely right- a good chunk of humans have evolved to a point where they fear freedom, because it can come with consequences. Due to automation, almost all new jobs created require some form of high skill, unlike the previous cycles of creative destruction. We've gotten to the point where the average truck driver who might not have a job in a couple of years cannot go and work for Tesla that destroyed his previous job position. Name one truck driver that was able to learn coding to the same extent and with the same indulgence as one of the Tesla programmers? This eventually turns into a paradox where we will have more and more new jobs with a shortage of workers to fill them.

What do we do with the average truck driver, or fast food waiter/ cook, or cashier? This is where Andrew Yang has proposed a UBI of $1200 per month. This in my opinion is the devil's plan which will bring Aldous Huxley's prophecy to fruition. In order to impement UBI, the United States will have to eliminate the current approach of pumping dollars into the real economy through commercial banks- it will have to merge the Federal Reserve and the Treasury, followed by creating a Central Bank Digital Currency. A CBDC is a stablecoin issued by a central bank that records all transactions on a blockchain ledger. What a Fedcoin/ Federal Reserve CBDC would allow is for the government to print as much money as they wish and send truck driver Joe stimulus checks without having to worry about a debt ceiling. The issue with CBDCs is that because they're centralized, the government will be able to turn on and off your bank account based on your behavior (sort of like China's social credit system).

This CBDC can also be traced (because it's based on a blockchain). Let's say you buy bitcoin, a stable commodity etc. to hedge against inflation. The government will know that you bought the bitcoin and reduce your credit score:. What if you want to read Aldous Huxley and it's a banned book? The government will know about it, and you will be punished accordingly. All of this is not science fiction, it's not a conspiracy. Janet Yellen has already announced the Fedcoin and they are in the process of "research & development". Christine Lagarde, ECB's chairman has announced the implementation of a digital Euro by 2023.

But as you said Sean; i doubt anyone cares about their money being subjugated by the government's central bank. Because their worries about freedom will be clouded by the $1200 "free" cash that they will receive.
----
10.10.2021 - 14:26
Written by Tribune Aquila, 09.10.2021 at 12:18

On a much narrower note, I will say that it is possible that our society becomes more authoritarian (i.e., guided by increasingly centralized rule-making authorities), but that as technology becomes increasingly complex, it is possible that before we approach the trough of the cycle of our civilization, we are able to finally modify our biology through continued digital immersion and the physical alteration of our biological interface with technology, and that whether it is implemented through a centralized or decentralized process, we might finally be able to get to that utopia everyone's been talking about for the past few millennia. Only, it won't be us who gets there, but rather a robot-human hybrid. Elon Musk is already talking about this. If you don't believe me, ask him. He's on to something, too. It's up to each of us, as individuals, to determine the course of the future of our universe before we reach the trough... before civilization collapses, as I think one would be hard-pressed to suggest that it will never collapse.

if we became robot human hybrids, then there will be heaps of people who will lose money. the illuminati will never let that happen.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word