Get Premium to hide all ads
02.12.2010 - 21:39
On larger maps or maps with many towns and lots of gold, it can be hard to tap all of your towns for units, move those units to places where they can be useful, and come up with a strategy that takes into account multiple players and scenarios in just a couple of minutes (particularly on big reinforcement turns). This is the "ideas and suggestions" forum, so here are some ideas and suggestions.

*a command for a town to "make this unit whenever you get production points"

*A command for a town to send all the units it makes to a certain spot

* the ability to tell a unit squad to go to a certain place a few turns away
(move as far as they can then next turn continue the trip to where you want them to be?)

This would also make militia slightly more useful, as it would be much easier to get them to cities that are actually important or threatened, right now they are so slow and weak it really isn't worth the time to move them when your on a clock.

By the way, i love your game, and don't take me too seriously
03.12.2010 - 03:22
 Ivan (Admin)
Yes, we are aware of the problem. We're working on introducing some automation - mostly in buying units. Automation of movements is a lot more complicated...

Btw, you're not really supposed to move Militia around - if it was up to me, I'd make it totally stationary.
04.12.2010 - 08:29
Written by Ivan, 03.12.2010 at 03:22

Btw, you're not really supposed to move Militia around - if it was up to me, I'd make it totally stationary.

Actually I'm quite happy with the option to move militia into a city's periphery, for defense lines and stuff, while long marches aren't feasible. If I was to change something, it would be the reduction of militia range to 1 or 2.
06.12.2010 - 09:20

Yes, we are aware of the problem. We're working on introducing some automation - mostly in buying units.

I'd be happy if there's a 'buy all of this type' button (next to the current + - button for each troop type), so that I can buy 7 tanks in one click instead of 7 (saving me time and RSI!).
06.12.2010 - 09:23
 Amok (Admin)
Written by TP_MLD, 06.12.2010 at 09:20

Yes, we are aware of the problem. We're working on introducing some automation - mostly in buying units.

I'd be happy if there's a 'buy all of this type' button (next to the current + - button for each troop type), so that I can buy 7 tanks in one click instead of 7 (saving me time and RSI!).

Actually, you can click and hold the button to auto-increment. Might not be as fast, but still saves you the clicking
06.12.2010 - 11:42

That's really funny - for me, mobile militia are a key part of my strategy. Militia are easily transported along coastlines and if you have the air transports, you can move them quite a distance. When cities are close to each other, you can spread out a defensive screen of militia to defend a broad area. Militia in defensive lines are useful to protect your main force from direct attack, allowing you time to attack an otherwise overpowering stack of tanks with infantry. I would pay a lot of SP for faster militia.

I can understand wanting to make them stationary with the latest updates that give you so many free militia when you conquer a city and free militia under the Imperialist. However, free militia + Imperialist strategy is the only way for poor countries to fight rich countries.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word