‹‹ Back to Bugs
Get Premium to hide all ads
05.03.2011 - 23:10
I just got done playing an interesting game and i was agrovated because i would have won or atleast done much better but i lost rather fast due to the clock. here is the issue.
Attacking player can just auto build troops and launch away without ever fearing a counter attack because on a wolrd map the defending player has to build specific to the defence they need in area under attack then move units into place to defend. Not only do they have to look at force strength and defending multiple locations they also have to look at whats the next move and how to launch a counter strike. the Clock gives the defender no time to even move all there units into position or look at the map when your under attack in multiple countrys. this i feel makes the game verry unballanced and less of a game of skill and more a game of who has the better mouse, eye cordination.
I would like to see some form of clock fix for this problem maybe make MIN time for turns 4min and they only go shorter if everyone ends turn. i think at first people will complain but i also think that this will make the game way more strategic.
you could always have a blitz button that alows games of less then 4min turns but cant be changed once the game is underway.
I really like this game and want to see it grow but unfortionatly the current turn system gives new players a Major handycap.
So in a nutshell Big map defender has smaller troop size and no time to plan a good offence=Defender looses always due to time out Expecialy when out numbered.
----
Where's the BEEF!
06.03.2011 - 00:10
Ive had this issue as well, I usualy solve it by casting a vote to change the time, but sometimes people can be assholes, and will just say no.
06.03.2011 - 03:56
Call a Mod when it happens.
06.03.2011 - 08:41
I don't think there is anything the mods can do unless they are actually abusing the time settings, but since it requires a vote now...
07.03.2011 - 14:33
I think time should only be alowed to be changed by Person in chage of the game this way some one dose not build a nice strategic map and a nice long turn to alow for stratagy and then 3 players come in and ruin what he was trying to do by voteing for a blitz on him(or her) but i also feel that it should be put to a vote it Moderater proposes a change. I for one like 8-12 min turns and i post it in the game title to make shure those who join know its a stratagy and not a blitz game.
----
Where's the BEEF!
08.03.2011 - 19:35
What could be done is like a thing where the time slowly goes up by like 15 seconds or something every 3-5 turns. That way in the beginning the game keeps a good pace, but once you get to the late game strategizing, you can easily not have problems with new players. This could be added as an option in game settings.
----
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word