Get Premium to hide all ads
09.12.2010 - 21:14
I know they cost a lot, but from what I've seen in three of my games, an enemy with air transports basically means death to any player without them. Air transports are okay when everyone has access to them, but it is cruelly unfair to newbie players who don't, as it allows a player to expand and attack at an extremely fast rate. Also, as far as I know (I could be wrong), air transports are not affected by defensive lines--not like it matters, since they're so fast they can simply go around.
09.12.2010 - 21:21
Air transports can't fly over defense lines
10.12.2010 - 02:59
 Ivan (Admin)
I don't see Air transports as such a huge advantage. They are very expensive, and they can only carry 4 units (with upgrade). Besides, it's a pretty cheap upgrade, so you can unlock them after just a few games.
10.12.2010 - 05:18
This is my first post, so wanted to say It's a great game Ivan, Good luck.

Besides, what's really unfair is re-joining, i have been fighting the same player for 5times in 20 turns only because the admin is his friend. hell!!!!!
10.12.2010 - 05:43
 Ivan (Admin)
Written by BEIRUT, 10.12.2010 at 05:18

This is my first post, so wanted to say It's a great game Ivan, Good luck.

Besides, what's really unfair is re-joining, i have been fighting the same player for 5times in 20 turns only because the admin is his friend. hell!!!!!

Re-joining can be disabled in game options, as well as the maximum joining week. Also, I don't think it's any different from a new player joining the game.
10.12.2010 - 06:09
The difference is that a 're-joiner' comes back for 'revenge'; it's irritating, you know.
10.12.2010 - 14:20
I agree...there needs to be an effective counter for air transports. I cant tell you how many times I have had a new player join in like week 20, drop all his reinforcements and cash into air transports & tanks then completely bypass all of my troops and flood my capitol with 60+ units....shits gay. Though if you have air transports as well you can usually get your capitol back...but if not your fucked.
10.12.2010 - 16:29
 Ivan (Admin)
Written by Eleidon, 10.12.2010 at 14:20

I agree...there needs to be an effective counter for air transports. I cant tell you how many times I have had a new player join in like week 20, drop all his reinforcements and cash into air transports & tanks then completely bypass all of my troops and flood my capitol with 60+ units....shits gay. Though if you have air transports as well you can usually get your capitol back...but if not your fucked.

Air Transports have the defence of 2, any unit can easily take them out.
10.12.2010 - 19:31
How do you take out air transports that are loaded with a big number of units? In a recent game I played today there was this huge army of 100+ tanks flying around being annoying. I tried to help my ally and when I finally got in range of this transport unit the game took account of the defensive stats of all the units being loaded inside the transport units and not the transport itself.

So doesn't that 2 defence only come into play when the transport is out on sea?

And let's say you are in control of Scandinavia. Your capital is Stockholm. In Germany you see 50+ units with air transport just sitting there. Now since the countries of Scandinava doesn't have the reinforcment rate to be honest here you are more or less forced to stay with them around your capital in order not to get nuked by a bunch of tanks.

I found it really fun setting out defense lines with boats around the baltic sea just barely holding the enemy at bay then just to realise I lost my capital.

Personally I am not a big fan, maybe include some sort of unit that exclusively can use the air transport, like paratroopers. And they should also be expensive like marines so that people can't spam them to any greater extent.
----
Dirt doesn't need luck.
10.12.2010 - 20:01
Written by Amok, 10.12.2010 at 00:28

Actually, for now, the ground units won't participate in battle only if you transport is over water. In all other cases, they will.
However, we'll make it so that if you have intercepted the enemy transport's move, his ground units will not count as defence as well.

Right now grounds units defense counts, so you can't but they are changing that so don't worry.
11.12.2010 - 08:42

This is why you create / join games that have the join limit at 10/15, and why you don't leave unoccupied countries in your back yard when you're expanding.

Also, turn off 'rejoin' and you'll at least get rid of the strategic multi-rapers.
12.12.2010 - 00:38
Written by TP_MLD, 11.12.2010 at 08:42

This is why you create / join games that have the join limit at 10/15, and why you don't leave unoccupied countries in your back yard when you're expanding.

Also, turn off 'rejoin' and you'll at least get rid of the strategic multi-rapers. Blah64.

FTFY
12.12.2010 - 06:31
I agree that air transports are annoying and overused. I don't think it's realistic in anyway (not that the game is trying to be realistic, but having a massive army of tanks moving around the map in airplanes is rather absurd). I think the air transports should be limited to infantry or as an above poster said, maybe a special unit type like a paratrooper.
13.12.2010 - 17:34
Hoy there is another one of these things complianing about how its imposible to defend europe and africa against asia bc of the concentration of reinforcements in china/india. i told him to try airtransports bc its the only way to do it. anyway all that for saying if you drop out tanks on a plane it becomes way to tedious to destroy the other person
16.12.2010 - 16:08
I have just recently introduced a friend to this game and he was talking to me about how the matces can be unfair because some of the players have air transports and some dont. i also have an issue with transports costing above 500, 2 times the cost of sea transports. As far as i can tell air transports win in 1 speed and manuverability and sea transports win in cost and load which seem fair. now as it does still seem unfair to those who cant use transports aka for those who do not win games, i sudgesst the solution that wee simply change the upgrade that unlocks transports to one that lowers the price for transports. this would mean that everyone could use transports just some at a lower cost.
19.12.2010 - 12:36
Air transports can also make the game unfun simply because they are so darn fast, making it nigh impossible to intercept them. They're even better than Marines. At least with ground units or sea transports you can intercept them and have battles in the open field. With air transports the game just revolves around battles in cities, mostly player capitals. I think it detracts from the game because it cuts matches short, and ends them before it starts getting really exciting.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word