Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by , 25.12.2012 - 06:22
Next round Deadline is:18/05/2013.Play your match ASAP!

Next Round Fixtures
Losers Stage

Konachan/Skenderbeu Vs DrTroll/Luis

Good luck and have fun!
17.02.2013 - 11:18
Written by Guest, 17.02.2013 at 10:37

Written by tophat, 16.02.2013 at 15:35

Understandable. And thank you!

After some thinking time and some discussing with my fellow colleagues, I have come up with a plan. Tophats will have his partner changed to Cow. However, there is a condition. If there is still no match being played after that then Tophats and Cow will be eliminated because I gave them a chance and they didn't take it.

To sum up:

• Barga has said he can't play and unfortunately that will come back to haunt him in future official tournaments (he may not be able to play). Because he said he can't play, he can't.
  • Cow will be Tophats' new partner and as a result the deadline, once again, has been extended to a further week. As a consequence, if Tophats&Cow can not play their match by the deadline they will be eliminated from the winners stage because I have given them a chance and they didn't take it and of course Hugosch&Tesla will go through.

Before any questions, I will state my reasoning towards the "extending deadline and elimination of Tops and Cow". I'm not being biased at all to Hugosch, I'm being fair. If I didn't allow Tophats to play, I would get complaints for letting Hdrakon play on. To avoid all this, I allowed Cow to play alongside Tophats but there needs to be a cut down on these allowances. As a result, I have given Tophats' team a condition where if they don't play their match, they will be the ones eliminated. I gave them the chance to play and if they don't take it, it's not my fault. Hugo&Tesla have been waiting a god dam long time to play this tourney match, it's only fair to them if they see a consequence given to Tops' team if they don't play by this week. It's been three weeks and I've been waiting too. I know, yet I hope, Tophats understands this (and he takes a look at all this from my point of view) and doesn't put forward any complaints and plays this game.

However, if Tophats, cow, Hugosch and Tesla have any complaints/queries, then please do contact me by PM (Don't post here please, can lead to unnecessary comments. A PM will do finely).

Challonge has been updated. Tophats&Cow Vs Hugo&Tesla new deadline is 24/02/2013

Thanks, Good day!

Edit: Please note, I won't be so lenient in the closing stages of the tournament. Thanks.

Don't worry LDK, this is very fair. And thanks again.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
17.02.2013 - 12:07
I still dont support changing partner in 2.round.

Written by Guest, 17.02.2013 at 02:26

Written by tesla, 16.02.2013 at 20:18

Give us the winning, and let tophats/cow play in lower bracket xaxax

This makes you look scared bro.

And i am not scared kanka, I m just playing for fun.
----

atWar Radio<3

play for fun, just for fun.
17.02.2013 - 12:10
So this means that I will get the opportunity to change my partner and play skender and clovek?
17.02.2013 - 13:30
I really don't wanna be the asshole to Cow, but to quote you again:
Written by Guest, 17.02.2013 at 02:26

[..]but it should be obvious that you can't just randomly switch partners in a 2vs2 tourney, this has nothing to do with me taking part or not. It's common sense.

Now, we come to the situation that TopHats has no partner and Cow joins the tourney....

Again; if it was my tourney then players could not have been changed during a tournament (like cow said). Thats unacceptable. Also, using reservers AFTER the first round, is not fair in my opinion and is therefor also not acceptable.

I don't want to mess up this tournament, and i don't care about winning or losing. And since Hdrakon got a chance to switch players too, i have no real other option than to accept this, although i admit that i don't really agree on it. Let me know when you can play your match, so we can schedule a date/time to play.

And this:
Written by b0nker2, 17.02.2013 at 12:10

So this means that I will get the opportunity to change my partner and play skender and clovek?

Is exact the responds what you can expect when changing players during a tournament. And i don't see how we can't allow it.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
17.02.2013 - 14:43
Cow has exams and is very busy and wont be able to play this week. However he will be only to play for sure after the 24th.

So what can i do. can i look for another partner? or can we wait after the 24th, because cow said he'll guarantee play after that when he's off from exams etc..

sorry for all this, didnt expect it to be so hard.
----
18.02.2013 - 00:05
Ok so I don't want to slow down the tournament, and cow can only play after the 24th, so i got Desu to be my partner. we will play before 24th, or at least try. Hugo and tesla, I think we can all be available sunday 18.00 or 19.00 gmt just like before?

If not ill be online tomorrow all day, saturday all day as well.
----
18.02.2013 - 06:00
Sunday 20.00GMT +1 is ok for me (21.00 for tesla), just like we agreed last sunday.
----
18.02.2013 - 08:06
Agreed. If the time change just write me Hugo
----

atWar Radio<3

18.02.2013 - 09:40
Written by Hugosch, 18.02.2013 at 06:00

Sunday 20.00GMT +1 is ok for me (21.00 for tesla), just like we agreed last sunday.

excellent I'll speak with desu and I'll confirm it to you. But if we can play earlier when we're all online lets do it.
----
18.02.2013 - 09:44
Confirmed, desu can play sunday.
----
24.02.2013 - 08:18
I will be here at 21.00(+2gmt namely Turkish time)
----

atWar Radio<3

24.02.2013 - 14:02

gg guys
----
24.02.2013 - 15:42
V-dog and LDK/Dbacks and bertank

I'll be available all day saturday. Please play your match soon so we can finish the round 3 game this weekend.

----
26.02.2013 - 15:40
Dark Knight
Account deleted
Negotiations did not go quite well so we (myself and v-dog) decided to forfeit from the winners stage. We will now play Kona & Skend in the losers stage

Winners Stage

Tophats&Desu Vs Bertank&Dbacks

Vril&Abdulla Vs Hdrakon&Chess

Deadline for both matches are: 17/03/2013. (17th of March).

Losers Stage

Eagles&Usernames Vs DrTroll&Luis

Acquiesce&Vlastren Vs Avatar&Safari

V-dog115&LDK Vs Kona-Chan&Skenderbeu

Hugosch&Tesla Vs Lynchski&Caulerpa

Deadline for these matches are: 17/03/2013.

Any questions, please pm me.

P.s-@Tophats, good luck playing an inactive team
04.03.2013 - 03:10
Caul/Lyn, when are you able to play?
----
06.03.2013 - 15:56
Alright so bertank told me that dbacks will not return anytime soon. (his parents blocked AW apparently) So either get Bertank a new partner or move my team to the next round.
----
07.03.2013 - 02:12
Caul and lyn ?
----

atWar Radio<3

15.03.2013 - 11:57
Deadline is march 17th. cmon guys play your matches!

Also dbacks won't be coming back (mom blocked AW) He's online when bertank uses his account.

So either move my team to the next round or bertank find a new partner quickly!
----
16.03.2013 - 08:42
I will be bertank's partner if he want,but it wont rly be fair.
16.03.2013 - 11:27
Fags everywhere , it's tournament , how you want it to be fair ? and losing a tournament in game won't let you lose money or health !!
and just one question "how to make it fair" ? by kicking or players out from tournament ? or by using fair ranks ? or by let the strong team pick weak countries ? just for last time , if you don't want to play then don't play and if you play and lose that's OK , don't forget it's a game !!
16.03.2013 - 16:24
Sorry but this tournament lost any credibility when the participants for some teams were allowed to be changed half way through, round one understandable beyond that is just a joke. Its simple really if your team can't play for a reason then you should leave and the original team you are supposed to be facing goes through. Sadly it seems Hellraiser and I are the only ones to have done this.
17.03.2013 - 11:43
 VRIL
Written by Guest, 17.03.2013 at 08:10

I have to agree with b0nker here. This tournament is a joke, it's by far the least professionally organized one until now.
I think Hugosch should host all future's tournaments, he is way more capable of doing so.

Behind LDK, Hugosch and I were involved in the tournament organization when the problems came up. We just didnt jump in on every occasion to mess around
but discussed all the matters in the back as a team. So I doubt that there is a lack of capability.

The method we came up with was to ensure the tournament is kept alive even when individual players fail to show up. The alternatives would have been
to suspend inactive teams straight away or to postpone the matches and deadlines forever until everyone would have lose interest.
So we just dealt with a problem that came up due to individual unprofessionality of some participants.

Its quiet sad anyhow because this tournament was created for the users to play nice games and have fun in a competitive envrionment in the first place.
17.03.2013 - 12:32
You are right VRIL in stating that the enjoyment of players is compromised if the tournament comes to a standstill, however this is also true for others at the moment the changes were implemented for some but not for others.

The message I received from LDK was that if my team couldn't play before the Sunday deadline that he gave us was that our opponents would go through. Hell couldn't make it, there was no compromise in this situation. I assume this is because in 9/10 situations our opponents would have won that battle anyway. It feels like because some players are deemed more capable, that they were given compromises.

Now we have a situation where two players (Vdog and Dbacks) will not be playing the game for the foreseeable future, so the tournament will not continue unless they take a loss or their partners find alternatives - this will compound the invalidity of the tournament.

Suggestions for future tournaments

- Make a deadline and stick to it
- Enforce the deadlines, no exceptions - make a game time for them if they cant agree a game time. The one(s) who turn up goes through.
- make clear at the beginning of the tournament valid times to be able to change anything not halfway through.

Please don't take this the wrong way I understand there are RL things that get in the way of gaming but nobody should be treated differently but this is actually the fairest option

= The alternatives would have been
to suspend inactive teams straight away.
17.03.2013 - 12:34
Regardless I do want the tournament to continue and wish everyone luck, just please take the lessons from this onto the next tournaments!
17.03.2013 - 14:10
Well the deadline is today. It's pretty clear what should be done.
----
17.03.2013 - 15:25

gg guysssss was cool game.
----

atWar Radio<3

17.03.2013 - 16:17
 VRIL

connection issues...

but gg
17.03.2013 - 18:46
Awesome, now Abdulla and VRIL.

We can play today (doubt it) or next Saturday (the 23rd)

I wont available that much during the week because of school. But I'll be free for sure saturday from 12:00 to 22:00 my time (-6 from VRIL)
----
23.03.2013 - 02:13
Dark Knight
Account deleted
Sorry, I've been away for quite a while due to personal reasons. I'm back for a while now and I hope to get this tournament back on course. Unfortunately because of these personal reasons and both members of my team wanting to leave, we have forfeited the tournament. As a consequence that will go against me in future tournaments if I would wish to join. Bertank already asked me to forfeit him from the tournament, I just didn't have time to update. Going to nag the other players to try to play their games.

Since my log in back 2 days ago, I have gone round apologising to most of the players that I saw online that are playing in this tournament. For those of you that I haven't apologised to yet, I am sorry I couldn't have time to update this. Since I'm back, I'll make sure this tournament is finished, and keep the games organized. I will do my best because this has been going for too long.

@Cow, just a game m8, don't get too worked up, you're taking this tournament like it's life and death. I think you're only flaming me based on my reputation with you rather than your care for this tournament.

I don't need to reply to B0nks, because we resolved our differences in person. I understand that there were several mistakes on my part, but that's the past now and it's time we moved on. Let's focus on getting this tournament finished.

Anyway good luck and Congrats for Vril's and Tophat's team for getting into the finals
23.03.2013 - 04:19
Yes, me and Dbacks forfeited. I think everyone has realized that Dbacks isnt on aw anymore :/, and for the ones that don't know why, its because his parents have blocked the site. Our clan already tried helping him, but it didnt work. (f*cking sux lol) That is the reason why we HAD to forfeit from the tournament. I hope this doesnt go against me in the future, because we couldnt do anything about it. : )

P.S I believe ldk did his best to please everyone, and i dont think thats the soul reason why this tournament took so long. It felt like most players were busy during the same time to plan and carry out the matches. Its just how it happened. So, everyone should just plan the last matches and play them to get this over with : )
----
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word