Get Premium to hide all ads
30.12.2012 - 17:22
This is a Halo styled map involving a segment of a Halo ring. It shall include a space area for battle with Ships and a ground area with bases and neutral zones.

This map is very different from the usual, different tactics and strategic ideas will have to be used.

Ground base

1. Artillery Emplacements.

These are defensive structures on the frontline of your base.

They are able to build a unique unit which can deal a large amount of damage to enemy forces. Each base has two Artillery positions and get ones round every 4 weeks. Use them wisely. I may change the stats in future for better balance and economy.

2. Airbases

These are the only areas other than other neutral positions where air units can be built.

3. Barracks

Basic troop production of offensive and defensive land units.

4. Reactors

These are your economy. Reactors supply power to the base, while other areas produce their own power, these reactors produce the majority of it.

Power = cash

5. Shield Base

If you are playing in a scenario, this will be your capital, if in single player, it is a very useful and well defended structure.

The no go area prevents ground units from infiltrating and the capital is defended from air units by the seven shield generators. Due to the shield generating cities being placed just out of reach of the inner platforms, they cannot be attack by air, so the only way into the centre is through the bridge. If the base is successfully taken, the attacker can take the shield cities from within by crossing the platforms which are just in reach of the capital.

As this is still in testing, I am hoping I can perfect this. Some clever players might be able to take a shield city through the no go area with enough effort. If so, please inform me so I may correct it. I have tested and so far I cannot find any other way into the bases without going through the Bridge which is my intention.

Forerunner Stations

These are large, neutral bases, similar to Shield bases but with a much higher income, production but with 3 more entrances. It also has 4 shields protecting its centre so the bridges are the only way into the capital. These will be key areas to take.

Here is the centre chokehold which has a Forerunner Station surrounded by thick walls impassable by ground units. These walls are not land, they are in fact sea but with no land filled in. I did this by creating a border and then backtracking its own lines. The singular units act like barriers slowing, even preventing attacks by air.

Walls

These are defensive lines between bases connected by land. They are guarded by walls with gates. In between is a No Mans Land filled with low productive but high cash reactor cities to provoke aggression between the two bases.
30.12.2012 - 17:24
So, I've been working on this and the previous post will be specified for an all vs all scenario map where players pick a shield base and have at it with the specified areas giving specific units in combination with artillery and defences.

There will be three scenarios in total. The first being a UNSC map with 6 players and 6 shield bases where players duke it out, ally, or backstab, lone wolf etc to the finish.

The second scenario shall be a 6vs6 team map with Covenant against UNSC with unique units to each side including a space battle involving multiple naval units.

The Third and Final map shall be a 6vs6vs5 map which is the same as the second team game scenario but the Forerunner Installations are taken by Flood. The Flood players must fight multiple players in the areas between opposing forces. They are given the same funding and production as both forces and with unique units designed for cheap mass production. It shall be a bloodbath. This will need alot of testing to make sure the balance is just right.

The maps should be balanced, each side has the same units, resources and closeness to neutral ground. It will down to the players and their tactics as to who will win.
30.12.2012 - 17:24
[RESERVED]
30.12.2012 - 18:51
This looks nice ^_^ You should make a Reach map too
----
Magnets,how do they work?
31.12.2012 - 02:09
This is an incredible map just for the strategy. Really well done, I love a good 4 way combat. Just a few things:

- Change starting cash to 5k, I never ran out of cash the entire game.
- I can't find anywhere to build the shield generator in the units. Is this coming later?
- As this is a light background, I'd change the labels to transparent black; they're rather hard to see.
- Make air units (specifically shortsword) a little stronger; at the moment, air fields are only good for building transports.

Overall, great job! Can't wait to figure out the strategy in this map.
----
"If in other sciences we are to arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."
-The Opus Major of Roger Bacon
31.12.2012 - 02:23
PLEASE ADD SPARTANS AND ELITES
----
Magnets,how do they work?
31.12.2012 - 10:46
Looks very good : )
----
06.01.2013 - 00:54
I ccan help u if u need units or vehicals im the best halo fan or if u need the halo time line best halo is halo wars
Im cpt.magic
----
07.01.2013 - 01:33
Guest5722
Account deleted
Pew pew pew
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word