Get Premium to hide all ads
10.02.2013 - 17:12
A few things need to be fixed for the Dutch translation. Some things are translated literal, but in game they doesn't make any sence (or look like the translator was drunk). Abfahren, is it possible for you to change the following things, so i don't have to scroll trough so many sheets to find the right spot. Here is the list of things that needs to be changed:

1. When i enter the chat channel, the following text appears: "Binnenkomen in kanaal: Lobby. Gebruik alleen Engels en probeer vriendelijk te zijn tegen andere spelers. Proost!". Its the literal translation of the original text, but not really good Dutch spoken. Please change this to: "Welkom in de chatlobby van at-War! Hou er rekening mee dat Engels de taal is in pubieke chats, probeer daarnaast ook vriendelijk te zijn tegen andere spelers. Veel plezier!"

2. To change a strategy, it should be 'veranderen' (change) and not 'verandering' (changing) like it is now. Please edit this.

3. 'Kamer' (room); doesn't make any sence in a chat. Change this word to 'Lobby'.
4. 'Globaal' is a correct translation of Global, but it isn't really a much used word in Dutch. I suggest changing it to 'Global' again.

5. Instorten means 'ruin'. Change this to 'inklappen'.

6. Change the tab 'Gevorderd' to 'Geavanceerd'.
7. Change 'Geen aggresieve taal hier' to 'Geen beledigende teksten'
8. Change 'Beurt Duratie' to 'Beurt Tijd'
9. Change 'Begin Financien' to 'Start geld'
10. Change 'Toestaan om toe te treden tot beurt:' to 'Joinen tot beurt'

11. Change 'Eerste landen' to 'Aantal landen'.
12. Change 'Toestaan om opnieuw toe te treden' to 'Opnieuw joinen toestaan'
13. Also 'Meteen meedoen' (Instant joining) is a weird option, and hard to translate correctly. Although there isn't a better translation then the current one, i'm sure no one will understand what this option actually does. Without using a few words, its too hard to describe in Dutch.

14. Change '1 Privé' to '1 Bericht', or (if possible) '1 Nieuw bericht' is even better. Note: Only change this word on this place. 'Privé' is used on other places as well, but its ok there (it means private)

15. Neutral should be 'Neutraal', which is good in other parts of the game.
16. Change 'Ontvang' to 'Kopen'. (also btw; we can do translations on the countries as well, which are now still in English. Italy should be Italië for example).

17. Change 'Uitschakelen mailen' to 'Mailen uitschakelen'.

18. Change 'Hele kaart' to 'Hele wereld'

19. Change 'Begin Tutorial' to 'Rondleiding starten'

I will post more here, once i've found more things that can be better translated.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
11.02.2013 - 04:46
 Amok (Admin)
If you're a contributor on the POEditor, you should be able to just search for the these terms there and correct them.
11.02.2013 - 05:24
Oh, i didn't know it worked all that easy with the search. I've now editted most of the things.

Also, will there come a translation of the country and cities names?
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
11.02.2013 - 05:28
 Amok (Admin)
Written by Hugosch, 11.02.2013 at 05:24

Oh, i didn't know it worked all that easy with the search. I've now editted most of the things.

Also, will there come a translation of the country and cities names?

Thanks, I'll issue and update tomorrow. I'm planning to auto-translate country and city names based on the huge unicode database I have, hopefully this will go well.
12.02.2013 - 03:26
 Amok (Admin)
Updated Dutch.
12.10.2013 - 08:24
Can I still apply for this? I'd like to help out so I can get coins to be able to create a custom map.
14.10.2014 - 05:55
<3 DUTCH4LIFE let me help too
----

Written by Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
13.07.2016 - 13:34
At the moment, there are some translations which are locked, although they aren't correct. E.g. 'SP collected' is now translated as 'SP verdient', but is should be 'SP verdiend'. There are some other examples, mostly sentences with wrong word orders. Can that be edited? Or maybe, I can become a Translator mod. Then I can edit the mistakes myself.
24.08.2016 - 05:13
Written by Victor Belli, 13.07.2016 at 13:34

At the moment, there are some translations which are locked, although they aren't correct. E.g. 'SP collected' is now translated as 'SP verdient', but is should be 'SP verdiend'. There are some other examples, mostly sentences with wrong word orders. Can that be edited? Or maybe, I can become a Translator mod. Then I can edit the mistakes myself.

I believe they can still be edited in the translations section, go ahead and contact the current language mod just in case.
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

19.11.2016 - 07:29
Written by RaulPB, 24.08.2016 at 05:13

I believe they can still be edited in the translations section, go ahead and contact the current language mod just in case.

This mod, Hugosch isn't online anymore, the last time was 145 days ago. If I try to improve locked translations, nothing seems to happen. It just gets back to the old translations.
19.11.2016 - 09:17
Written by Victor Belli, 19.11.2016 at 07:29

This mod, Hugosch isn't online anymore, the last time was 145 days ago. If I try to improve locked translations, nothing seems to happen. It just gets back to the old translations.

That's because those translations you made are saved for the language moderators to approve or not. Without a language mod, there's little to do. I'd suggest you to volunteer yourself into becoming a language moderator for your language. If you want to do that, you should talk with Sun Tzu personally, maybe he can promote you.
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word