Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by Psychostick, 19.03.2011 - 20:23
Why isn't greenland a controllable country?
26.04.2011 - 18:15
 YOBA
In that case, add Malta, too! Malta has a population of ~400,000 while Greenland only has something like 50,000 citizens!

Malta is not too strategic, I suppose though. But if you're going to add Greenland, you should add Malta, too, that's the important thing!!!

Hell, even Luxembourg is in the game and that has ~500,000 citizens! Surely it's time for Malta to enter the game!
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
27.04.2011 - 06:20
Written by YOBA, 26.04.2011 at 18:15

In that case, add Malta, too! Malta has a population of ~400,000 while Greenland only has something like 50,000 citizens!

Malta is not too strategic, I suppose though. But if you're going to add Greenland, you should add Malta, too, that's the important thing!!!

Hell, even Luxembourg is in the game and that has ~500,000 citizens! Surely it's time for Malta to enter the game!

I agree.Good idea
15.05.2011 - 21:15
A sort of "list"
Falklands
South sandwich islands
Midway
Wake island
Greenland
South Sudan

100+ option citys.countrys

Maonaco
Andorra
Malta
Leichenstein
San marino

Spain:
Bilbao

France:
Strasbourg

Italy:
Genoa
Venice
Florence
Turin

Poland:
Lodz

Germany:
Bonn
Stuttgart

Czech:
Brno

U.K
Edinburgh

Norway:
Hammerfest

Belarus:
Hrodna
----
Also would like to mention- maybe rename China: NE Manchuria? China:SW Tibet?
----
one last thing, maybe a sort of "alternate + citys-countrys" option using the ones I displayed above and some more, instead of the usual 100+, and an option to use both + citys-countrys options.
16.05.2011 - 02:26
UK doesn't need anymore cities in 100+

I can agree with Manchuria, but Chine: SW isn't only tibet
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
16.05.2011 - 03:15
Add samoa because we need more pacific islands and palestine (probably best for them to be 100+ countries)
----
Written by Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Written by tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

16.05.2011 - 07:33
Malta would be a great latejoining spot.
16.05.2011 - 09:26
Written by Aristosseur, 16.05.2011 at 07:33

Malta would be a great latejoining spot.

HAHAHAHAH you /int/ and your latejoinings...
----
16.05.2011 - 10:38
You are so jealous that you steal past and present member names
02.06.2011 - 01:04
Written by BASED Ironail, 16.05.2011 at 02:26

I think naming it Tibet is not a bad idea.

While China: South West is not only just Tibet, historically, all the territory west of Chengdu was part of the Tibetan Empire. Only the region around Chongqing and Guiyang, as well as Chengdu, is traditionally and culturally part of China Proper. If you look at demographic maps, you will see a sharp decline in population west of Chengdu, as you move further up the Tibetan Plateau.

If China: North East (Also known as Inner Manchuria. Outer Manchuria was taken by the Russian Empire.) can receive the honor of being renamed Manchuria, then I do not see why China: South West cannot receive the same honor of being renamed as well.
02.06.2011 - 04:00
But that's the thing. China SW has Chengdu, Guiyang and some other large city in the east. Renaming it Tibet would require cutting those cities out, if you really want to get pedantic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a China apologist and I don't agree with everything they've done to Tibet; but having Tibet as a region name would just not be representative.
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
02.06.2011 - 13:51
Maybe we can cut those cities out, split it into China: South West and Tibet or something. Just leave Tibet with Lhasa, like Nepal or Bhutan in the region, very low population countries with one city.

Maybe we can do the same with China: North West as well? Make the western region of it Turkestan? If we do that, a player in the West will have an easier time establishing a stronger foothold and open up the region to more attention and conflict.

Is it hard for the game makers to redesign the map though? Giving it new names and redrawing borders?
02.06.2011 - 14:00
Written by Garde, 15.05.2011 at 21:15

A sort of "list"
Falklands
South sandwich islands
Midway
Wake island
Greenland
South Sudan

100+ option citys.countrys

Maonaco
Andorra
Malta
Leichenstein
San marino

Spain:
Bilbao

France:
Strasbourg

Italy:
Genoa
Venice
Florence
Turin

Poland:
Lodz

Germany:
Bonn
Stuttgart

Czech:
Brno

U.K
Edinburgh

Norway:
Hammerfest

Belarus:
Hrodna
----
Also would like to mention- maybe rename China: NE Manchuria? China:SW Tibet?
----
one last thing, maybe a sort of "alternate + citys-countrys" option using the ones I displayed above and some more, instead of the usual 100+, and an option to use both + citys-countrys options.

I agree, I also like the idea of putting some more islands in the ocean. the islands you mentioned hold a pretty significant strategic advantage during World War II.

I think South Sudan might be a new country soon, so I am not sure if the game makers want to reflect that as well. And what about Western Sahara? Should it be its country? Or part of Morocco? I know it is definitely not part of Mauritania.
02.06.2011 - 14:35
GAME STILL LACKS SAMOA
----
Fruit is right

02.06.2011 - 14:48

I dont remembered if I mentioned it, but I had the idea of an alt. 100+ option, instead of the regular 100+ its the same number of citys- but different citys, there could also be one where it includes all citys, or maybe a scenario option to include what citys you want on the map.

For Tibet maybe the borders should be redone a bit- as they seem a little weird compared to th PROC map I found on wiki, but maybe Im just not seeing where they decided to draw the lines at.
03.06.2011 - 22:40
Written by Garde, 02.06.2011 at 14:48

I dont remembered if I mentioned it, but I had the idea of an alt. 100+ option, instead of the regular 100+ its the same number of citys- but different citys, there could also be one where it includes all citys, or maybe a scenario option to include what citys you want on the map.

For Tibet maybe the borders should be redone a bit- as they seem a little weird compared to th PROC map I found on wiki, but maybe Im just not seeing where they decided to draw the lines at.

I like the idea of selecting which cities to include in the scenario. Sounds cool. Maybe you can even let the computer to pick at random for you for each country if you feel lazy.

The game makers grouped the provinces of Guiyang, Sichuan, Tibet (They call it Xizang.), Yunnan, and the municipality of Chongqing (Historically part of Sichuan.) into China: South West.

I agree, the game makers divided China a little funny. Chinese people I know divide China very differently into five regions that makes much more sense: China Proper (You can further divide this into North, South, East, West, etc.), Inner Manchuria, Inner Mongolia, Turkestan (Xinjiang), and Qinghai-Tibet (Tibetan Plateau).

I do not think they would put redrawing China on top priority though, but we can hope they will do it eventually.
04.06.2011 - 21:22
Sorry, but your idea is unfeasible, Gardevoir. Programming new cities with all their reinforcements, income and locations would be an impossibly large task for Amok.
----
04.06.2011 - 22:32
Written by BASED Ironail, 04.06.2011 at 21:22

Sorry, but your idea is unfeasible, Gardevoir. Programming new cities with all their reinforcements, income and locations would be an impossibly large task for Amok.

Is it just me, or does it seem every more "major" idea seem to be impossible with sliver light? Im not sure if its easier with Java or anything else, but maybe Silver light just wasn't the best idea- but I know nothing of it, so I have no room to judge.
04.06.2011 - 22:35
Written by Garde, 04.06.2011 at 22:32

Is it just me, or does it seem every more "major" idea seem to be impossible with sliver light? Im not sure if its easier with Java or anything else, but maybe Silver light just wasn't the best idea- but I know nothing of it, so I have no room to judge.

Gardevoir. He's trolling.
----
04.06.2011 - 22:37
Written by Psychostick, 04.06.2011 at 22:35

Written by Garde, 04.06.2011 at 22:32

Gardevoir. He's trolling.

*thinks to self* maybe the mods should be banning the obvious trolls instead of muting them and giving the countless warnings hmmmm?????
05.06.2011 - 02:54
They aren't breaking rules, sure ban the ones that spam profanities all over but the decent trolls never swear, they are merely sarcastic and spiteful.
----
Fruit is right

05.06.2011 - 03:03
 Ivan (Admin)
Personally, I find people calling for bans of other players more annoying than the actual 'trolls'.
06.06.2011 - 00:11
^ouch, somebody got pwn'd by Ivan

As for the division of China the creators seem to base it partially from the Chinese army's division of China (same with USA) and that's fine and really quite appropriate for this game.
However I do find India and Mexico (or perhaps Indonesia) to be too large and would be better off split.
06.06.2011 - 01:16
Written by Bojka, 06.06.2011 at 00:11

However I do find India and Mexico (or perhaps Indonesia) to be too large and would be better off split.

Indonesia is fine. Mexico too, it's about the same as any large u.s. region.

India is a joke, as I've always said.
----
lol. NO!
06.06.2011 - 05:34
If india gets split picking GW pakistan will be useless, while you can't say it is overpowering.
06.06.2011 - 12:54
India is fine. It's fine to have a sort of crown jewel that East Asia and Europe have to fight over, along with the middle east.

Mexico needs to be large to counterbalance the US upstairs.
----
06.06.2011 - 13:26
Written by Aristosseur, 06.06.2011 at 05:34

If india gets split picking GW pakistan will be useless, while you can't say it is overpowering.

Splitting india would make playing as pakistan infinitely easier, unless of course someone joins as one of the indian regions.

The operating word is easier, not easy. Playing as a poor region and being attacked by both richer sides will never be easy. Serious kudos to anyone who has ever started as pakistan and won without alliances.
----
lol. NO!
06.06.2011 - 13:31
I accept your kudos gracefully.
----
12.06.2011 - 05:20
Siberia, Ural or Kazakhstan into India best India.
----
Fruit is right

12.06.2011 - 07:40
I still hold to my opinion that Russia can't beat India, however Asia and good Europe (depending where Pakistan has reached) can beat pakindia.
12.06.2011 - 15:37
Written by Aristosseur, 12.06.2011 at 07:40

I still hold to my opinion that Russia can't beat India, however Asia and good Europe (depending where Pakistan has reached) can beat pakindia.

If you mean all of russia, including siberia, far east, etc., then I vehemently disagree.

Also, Europe almost always beats India, whereas India stands a chance against east Asia
----
lol. NO!
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word