Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by tophat, 11.05.2013 - 17:44
AtWar World Cup

Started!

Pool A http://challonge.com/AtWarWorldCupPoolA
Pool B http://challonge.com/AtWarWorldCupPoolB

Rules: (standard)

Funds: 10k default (changeable if both sides agree)
Turns: 50
Map: Europe+ default (changeable)
Minutes: 4min default (changeable)
Teams: 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4
Victory conditions: Capture enemy capital and hold it for 2 turns
Rares: NONE
100 add cities.

All games must be reported with a screenshot.

Each team will play every team from their pool once (4 games each in total). The top 8 teams from both pools will proceed to the single elimination phase. The bottom 2 teams, however, will be eliminated. Amongst the top 8 teams, of course, by tradition, will be sorted by seeds such as the following:

1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

This will be according to win/loss ratio. If in the result of a tie, it will be determined by earned SP in each match by each player. So be sure to take a screenshot of the points, and not simply the won/loss message box.

For the points, it will be the earned sp of each player, not the accumulative received from enemies and so on. (That would require SSs from everyone and it would be too complicated) Also, I think this system is fair enough.

Teams: (countries)

The players who asked to participate are marked in white, whilst the
players I marked in red are those whom I've added for back up. For
instance, if a player from a team goes inactive they can message
these players, (marked in red) to play for them.

United States of America: Madara, Acquiesce, Thunderballs, Spart, Nateballer, Primal, Otokonoko

Canada: TopHats, Desu, Stomach Ulcers

Great Britain: Iom, LDK, Arbitrator, V-dog115

Brasil: Columna Durruti, Suwkz, Pinheiro, Pulse, reckoner

Austria: Safari, Chess

Turkey: Tesla, Bargain, BertanK, von sheczar, Deo Volente, LandBreaker, TheConqueror

Jordan: Comrade In Arms, EAB, 24th April 1915, Commander

Netherlands: Hugosch, Dbacks, Waffel

Serbia: Pera, Mauzer Panteri, Eagle Observes

Lebanon: time, Lemonade

28.07.2013 - 16:53
Written by Pera., 28.07.2013 at 16:51

Mauzer and I beat Hugo and Dbacks.

Yeap, we forgot to take a ss, but i confirm that serbia won.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
28.07.2013 - 19:59
Awesome Austria, you are done your round robin matches!

As for the Serbia vs Netherlands game, unfortunately you won't be receiving points for the match. But of course the victory is handed. It's just that in the event of a tie, you will have a disadvantage.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
29.07.2013 - 16:43
Just a reminder: Brasil, Turkey and Germany, you still haven't played a match. You have until July 31st to play one match. At 24.00 you will be eliminated unless you have a very good reason or have shown effort in playing. Or if two or three of you haven't played, I will eliminate the country who was least active or showed the least effort.
----
29.07.2013 - 18:07
We were always willing to play. But still no reply from our opponents.
----

atWar Radio<3

play for fun, just for fun.
29.07.2013 - 19:20
Written by tesla, 29.07.2013 at 18:07

We were always willing to play. But still no reply from our opponents.

No problem, your comment here was valuable for the survival of Turkey in this tournament! Your will to play has greatly been taken into consideration. Keep trying though!

Good luck <3
----
03.08.2013 - 11:37
Hello everyone. The deadline has passed and three teams haven't played at least one match: Brasil, Germany and Turkey. Turkey are quite active and have many members, and plus I've received a message from tesla confirming their efforts to try to set up a match. Therefore, Turkey will remain in the tournament. Brasil have Columna and reckoner who are very active. Additionally, they have extra players whom they can reach in order to play some matches. They will remain as well. Germany however have luis who's extremely inactive, VRIL who doesn't wish to play, and cow who deleted his account. Dr. Trollface is the only one active and I'm sure he means good, and wants to play, but his situation doesn't favor him nor does it help the tournament's continuation. Therefore I'm removing team Germany and replacing it with team Lebanon.

Lemonade and Time are both very active and have asked to be in this tournament beforehand. Congratz you guys are in! Check pool A for reference.

Pool A: http://challonge.com/AtWarWorldCupPoolA

Lastly, I've decided to change it to a single elimination tournament. Meaning after your round robin matches in your respective pools, the top 8 teams will make it to the single elimination round. You lose, you're out. You win, you move on to the next round.
----
04.08.2013 - 05:38
I had also sent you a pm before that we are trying, but yea anyway. Good that we are still in. (i dont think I'll be able to play the games cause my computer broke and I probb won't get a new one in the near future, but i might, so dont take me off the team)

Gl to all the teams
----
04.08.2013 - 16:23
 time
We forgot to take SS for our victory against USA team. It was Lemonade, I vs Acquiesce, Thunderballs. They can confirm it.

gg USA
----
I wf'd UK
04.08.2013 - 16:28
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Confirmed. gg
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
04.08.2013 - 17:05
Written by time, 04.08.2013 at 16:23

We forgot to take SS for our victory against USA team. It was Lemonade, I vs Acquiesce, Thunderballs. They can confirm it.

gg USA

alright. but like i said earlier, you won't be getting any points from the match; just the win. So in the event of a tie, you will have a disadvantage. However ties are not likely.
----
04.08.2013 - 17:22
 time
Written by tophat, 04.08.2013 at 17:05

gg USA

alright. but like i said earlier, you won't be getting any points from the match; just the win. So in the event of a tie, you will have a disadvantage. However ties are not likely.

that's why I think it's better for the losing team to take SS too because they could get use of the points in a case like the one you just mentioned.
----
I wf'd UK
04.08.2013 - 18:30
Written by time, 04.08.2013 at 17:22

Written by tophat, 04.08.2013 at 17:05

gg USA

that's why I think it's better for the losing team to take SS too because they could get use of the points in a case like the one you just mentioned.

well it's up to both teams to take responsibility in taking the SS. I mean, forgetting to is completely different; it happens.
----
19.08.2013 - 15:59
Please try to play your games
----

20.08.2013 - 05:11
I would have loved to have done this tournament.
24.08.2013 - 08:44
 time
Why is none of the teams playing their God damn matches...
----
I wf'd UK
24.08.2013 - 09:24
 time
Written by Chess, 24.08.2013 at 09:21

Written by time, 24.08.2013 at 08:44

Why is none of the teams playing their God damn matches...

No deadlines.

Still, you're killing the tournament with all the delay... (not talking about you in specific).
----
I wf'd UK
24.08.2013 - 09:31
Sorry for delay

Deadline to play one match is september 7th. (one match from now) So even teams who've played a game, you must play another one before or on september 7th.

You will be eliminated if you don't play a game.
----
24.08.2013 - 15:33
You can mean you in particular and you can mean many people, too. Just pointing this one out here. Good luck to all the teams!
28.08.2013 - 11:56
 time

Gg Jordan.
----
I wf'd UK
28.08.2013 - 16:59
Awesome, a game!

good work and good job Lebanon.
----
12.09.2013 - 15:20
Written by Chess, 12.09.2013 at 15:06

How unfortunate that only Lebanon managed to play a game till 7th September.
This could have been a great tournament with the amount of teams that were here at the beginning.

The tournament will move very slowly. No need to rush. I've sent pms and made several deadlines that were pretty much ineffective, which is ok. Team tournaments are hard to manage in terms of activity.
----
12.10.2013 - 13:49
I didn't know this is still on, it would be awesome. So play your games so we can watch
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

28.10.2013 - 18:13
AlexMeza
Account deleted
Bump.
05.11.2013 - 04:08
Add me for next year as UK.
05.11.2013 - 13:46
Irish team maybe ?
----

Commando Eagle (spectator): egg strongest rank 7
10.12.2013 - 09:39
Written by egg123, 05.11.2013 at 13:46

Irish team maybe ?
27.12.2013 - 05:13
World Conquest
Account deleted
How do i join a protocoin tournement.
27.12.2013 - 05:14
World Conquest
Account deleted
I wish to participate as canada.
28.12.2013 - 16:11
Why so few on NL
----

Written by Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
28.12.2013 - 20:35
 time

gg Turkey.
----
I wf'd UK
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word