Get Premium to hide all ads
24.06.2013 - 17:09
When playing casual games, if often happens that I haven't finished moving all my units and need to leave the game. It would be neat if I could save the commands that have been issued without ending the turn. That way I can come back to the game later and finish issuing commands for the turn.

One way to do this would be to have the SAVE button available at all times (and a separate END TURN button).
24.06.2013 - 18:30
 KYBL
This is good idea I support
----

25.06.2013 - 01:16
I don't play casual much, but this is surely a good idea for anyone who does. I support this.
----
"Another such victory and I come back to Epirus alone" - Pyrrhus of Epirus
25.06.2013 - 02:49
 Amok (Admin)
Problem with this is that everyone will be saving turns instead of ending them and in the end you'll always have 12 or 24 hour turns.
25.06.2013 - 03:34
Written by Amok, 25.06.2013 at 02:49

Problem with this is that everyone will be saving turns instead of ending them and in the end you'll always have 12 or 24 hour turns.

I don't think so, afterall, the save button is just if you have something to do and will come back later to finish your movements, then end your turn.
----
"Another such victory and I come back to Epirus alone" - Pyrrhus of Epirus
26.06.2013 - 13:29
Why not just have an end turn button like a normal game, but if you come back later and make more movements before your turn ends, then you click save to save your new movements? It would just be like making moves after ending your turn in a quick game.
----
"In atWar you either die a hero or live long enough to ally fag and gang bang some poor bastards."
~Goblin

"In this game, everyone is hated."
~Xenosapien
26.06.2013 - 16:06
 Amok (Admin)
Written by Spart, 26.06.2013 at 13:29

Why not just have an end turn button like a normal game, but if you come back later and make more movements before your turn ends, then you click save to save your new movements? It would just be like making moves after ending your turn in a quick game.

That's exactly how it is now
26.06.2013 - 17:41
Written by Amok, 26.06.2013 at 16:06

Then, I don't see a problem with the current system at all. xD Also, sorry for my comment. I do not play casual.
----
"In atWar you either die a hero or live long enough to ally fag and gang bang some poor bastards."
~Goblin

~Xenosapien
26.06.2013 - 18:07
Written by Spart, 26.06.2013 at 17:41

Written by Amok, 26.06.2013 at 16:06

Then, I don't see a problem with the current system at all. xD Also, sorry for my comment. I do not play casual.

The problem is that if everyone else ends their turn before you can get back to the game, you don't get to finish your moves! Also, if you are the only player that has not ended your turn, there is no way to save your moves at all.

For me, this feature would be particularly useful for endgame situations in large maps with only a few players left. Issuing commands can take a while in these cases. And with few players, it often happens that you are the last one to not have ended their turn.
26.06.2013 - 18:14
Why not just remove the feature where the turn ends when every player has ended their turn for casual games and only allow turns to end when the time limit runs out?
----
~Goblin

~Xenosapien
26.06.2013 - 18:15

Granted, it would make it easy to prolong each turn to its maximum duration. However, players can do this now by waiting to press end turn at the last minute.
Maybe there could be a small SP incentive for ending your turn more quickly?
26.06.2013 - 18:18
Written by Spart, 26.06.2013 at 18:14

Why not just remove the feature where the turn ends when every player has ended their turn for casual games and only allow turns to end when the time limit runs out?

That would work, but it would slow down the pace of casual games a bit. At the endgame, you can often play turns much more quickly than 24h or 12h because there are fewer players.
21.02.2014 - 07:13
I agree with this idea.

I play casual games and want to plan some things and come to continue it another time.

A checkbox "ready for next turn" should be great and a save button.
05.08.2014 - 12:37
I totally agree with this idea. For old farts like me with kids, wife(s), and all, it would be very useful to save part of your moves, and come back to finish. 2 of my best (old fart) friends have already abandon AtWar precisely because of that...
05.08.2014 - 12:42
Written by Noir Brillant, 05.08.2014 at 12:37

I totally agree with this idea. For old farts like me with kids, wife(s), and all, it would be very useful to save part of your moves, and come back to finish. 2 of my best (old fart) friends have already abandon AtWar precisely because of that...

I don't think you quite understood the suggestion...
----
05.08.2014 - 12:47
Written by Milkyy, 05.08.2014 at 12:42

Written by Noir Brillant, 05.08.2014 at 12:37

I don't think you quite understood the suggestion...

The initial suggestion was:
"When playing casual games, if often happens that I haven't finished moving all my units and need to leave the game. It would be neat if I could save the commands that have been issued without ending the turn".
What did I misunderstood? That would allow me to save part of my moves, and finish them back later, without risking the turn to end...
05.08.2014 - 13:02
Written by Noir Brillant, 05.08.2014 at 12:47

Oh, yeah you're right. I'm sorry.. I thought you wanted to leave and close the game to come back like an hour later or something xD my bad mate
----
15.10.2015 - 13:25
Just linking to another suggestion here (http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=22252). This one simply suggests longer turns. Longer turns coupled with the ability to save part of your moves allows both people with a small amount of daily hours to allocate to AtWar AND people that put a lot of thoughts into the game to enjoy AtWar even more...
15.10.2015 - 13:50
**bumped thread**
I get the problem. If you end turn the turn, leave, return and the other players have ended their turn....gg
This suggestion would be beneficial as life can throw many obstacles in the way of atwar so I think the idea is good.
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
27.11.2015 - 12:47
Hey,

With SL, upon disconnection (server issues, or your own internet connection), you could always reconnect. You could even put your computer to sleep, reopen, and keep entering your moves.
But with HTML5, upon disconnection, you get two options: back to lobby, or reload. In both options, your moves made so far are lost.

This situation is a bit frustrating when you are on your 45th minute of making your moves (yes, I put a lot of efforts in my (casual, as you have guessed!) games).

So this thread has even more importance now with HTML5, where apparently you can't reconnect to a game. We HAVE TO be allowed to save progress.

Thank you

PS: Thank you Sun Tzu for showing interest in this thread
PPS: I am adding this new comment now because connection has been more shaky this week, and I have lost many 45 minutes in my week. As mentioned earlier in the thread, not everyone has hours to waste in a week, so each 45 minutes I put in this game really counts.
27.11.2015 - 17:56

Not if you make it so that someone who never "ends" their turn is treated like a timeout.
05.12.2015 - 11:24
I definitely think there should be a save button. Toward the end of a casual game you get a lot of troops, and especially being new I want to think through my movements. It would be nice to be able to casually make a few movements here or there and save them, come back later and finish them. The other reason I think there should be a "Save" button is that I have gotten disconnected multiple times in the middle of my turn and then all my movements are lost. One game was getting crazy close to being the end of the 24 turn. It was toward the end of the game so I had a lot of troops, and I was in a heated battle in the Middle East. It took me some time, but I figured out all my moves at the front lines, and got all those made. I just had to move a few militia to move around and I got disconnected. I was so upset. I quickly connected and made my moves again and ended just in time, but that was such a stressful turn. It could have been another fun turn of AtWar if there was a save button.

The one objection that has been made so far to this suggestion is that everyone will be saving turns instead of ending turns and the turns would be a full 12 hours or 24 hours. I would make a couple of comments to this. #1 12 hour or 24 hour turns are what you signed up for if that is the game you chose. I don't think it would be the end of the world if each turn went full length. #2(and most important) You just have to make it so that they HAVE to push the END TURN button. Make it so that the movements are 'saved' by the SAVE button, then make it so that the moves are not actually implemented for the turn unless the END TURN button is pressed, so that the SAVE button is simply for convenience sake of the user. So if I make movements they will be saved for when I log back on, but if the turn ends before I press the END TURN button, then it's as if I didn't take a turn that time despite what moves I saved. (I think it goes without saying, but the SAVE button only needs to be a feature on the CASUAL game. For a QUICK game you might be frantically making moves and don't get around to pressing the END TURN button at the end, but in a casual game, you just need to make your moves as your time allows and click end turn when you are done.) If you are forced to press END TURN for your moves to matter, then the mechanics would be the same as they are now and a SAVE button would not slow the game down at all.

Thank you for considering,
Chosen
15.12.2015 - 09:31
Lolno you wouldn't be able to redo your moves then
15.12.2015 - 11:05
The following is probably long to implement, but here's an idea:

In the top menu, you could have "Current turn move list" (or any grammatically correct English sentence, excuse my French).

When you click on the link, a window shows up (like when you click on "Cities"), with a chronological list of your moves this turn, with a little red x on the left. You can press the little x to delete a particular move (and the move on the map would get deleted as well). Once that list is implemented, you can save, leave the game, come back. The list gets loaded, and you can delete moves you did during your first session.

[If the programmers feel fancy, you could even drag and drop the moves to reorder, you could have a "clear all moves" button, etc. There would be tons of benefits and additions we could think of with such a list, which would GREATLY improve the game play (especially for casual game players).]

Maybe this should be a separate thread, but i thought that idea would fit well in the context of a "Save" button...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word