Get Premium to hide all ads

Poll

atWar on a (Windows8) tablet. Would you play it?

Don't have a Windows8 tablet
I have a Win8 tablet, will play!
I have a Win8 tablet, won't play.
Planning to get a Win8 tablet

Total votes: 702
10.07.2013 - 07:11
 Ivan (Admin)
We have an opportunity to adapt atWar for tablet devices - unfortunately, it would only run on Windows 8 tablet. Do you have one? Planning to get one? Just testing the public interest.
10.07.2013 - 08:27
Definitely! Its always to better to have AtWar playable everywhere.
10.07.2013 - 11:51
I don't have a tablet yet but am planning to get one. When I get one I would consider Win 8 over android if it had this as a bonus.
10.07.2013 - 13:41
 Ivan (Admin)
Written by Anon, 10.07.2013 at 11:56

Please... do not release afterwind on the tablet, it would just not feel right.

It would be exactly the same game, you would just control troop movements with your finger instead of a mouse. What would not feel right?
10.07.2013 - 16:11
No AW for Nokia Lumia users on windows phone?
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
12.07.2013 - 18:22
If this could come to iPads this would be amazing, if I did have a windows 8 tablet I'd definitely play it
14.07.2013 - 20:31
If I had a windows tablet, I definitely would play this game on it. Is there any way you could make this for the Iphone/Ipad?
15.07.2013 - 01:35
That'd be so sweet to have it on Android. Damn Silverlight!
17.07.2013 - 03:26
Hmn... i understand that it would take years to produce atwar on a alternative system than silverlight..
but maybe ivan and amok can do it if they are rich enough to have a entire studio and start there own gaming company ^^ anywhay im looking way into the future.. but if atwar grows out to become as rich and famous as World of Warcraft they should try to make it work on the ipad 7 or whatever ipad you have then 10 years into the future
----

18.07.2013 - 04:10
 Ivan (Admin)
Written by OKELEUK, 17.07.2013 at 03:26

Hmn... i understand that it would take years to produce atwar on a alternative system than silverlight..
but maybe ivan and amok can do it if they are rich enough to have a entire studio and start there own gaming company ^^ anywhay im looking way into the future.. but if atwar grows out to become as rich and famous as World of Warcraft they should try to make it work on the ipad 7 or whatever ipad you have then 10 years into the future

We do (sort of) have a gaming company - it's called ProtoBytes and currently has 3 people in it
We're not even making enough money to quit out main jobs, so hiring entire studios is out of question.
We do plan for the future. Silverlight is a fantastic platform, but is not widely supported and is now being slowly killed by Microsoft. We're considering moving the game to HTML5 - in which case it should run on any device with a modern browser. It's a lot of work and might require some compromises, but it has to be done.
01.08.2013 - 03:42
Netflix uses silverlight too and they have an iPad app. You should try and make it for iPad because lots of people have those and it would be great! Even people who dont play atwar now would see it on the appstore and play it. You'd get a lot of new people that way, exposing a game like this to the vast Appstore.
05.08.2013 - 20:47
I tried playing the browser version on my Win8 touchscreen laptop. With the current maximum zoom settings, it's very hard to select a unit that is located near other units or cities. Getting ships out of London was also difficult. There is a lot of "precise" clicking in atWar. Also, it has to be possible to do these things fast in quick games. A tablet version would have to make these tasks do-able.
06.08.2013 - 10:41
Don't have the money'''
09.08.2013 - 05:32
I think that using a finger will be much harder to use than a mouse. When I started playing afterwind I used to use my laptop's touchpad but as I got better I switched to a mouse, it became easier to do my moves and I could do them faster.
09.08.2013 - 11:03
If we could play Afterwind on the phone, like Iphones and etc...Then it would be great. The Win8 is hard to see cities and units even if zooming in.
----
Always follow your heart cause it will lead you to anywhere in life
19.11.2014 - 17:16
So Amok-Ivan, could you ever see AfterWind coming to iOS? Or is that out of the picture?
20.11.2014 - 05:04
Personally I don't see this game working for mobile devices (for those that have mentioned it) and even tablets are pushing it a bit.
The game takes up a lot of time and the popular games for mobiles right now are those that you can play often but don't require all that much time spent on it.

Another thing to worry about is money making techniques used by tablet/mobile games. The most common is limiting the amount you can play unless you wait or pay extra for more playtime. I've seen a game move from computer to tablet and it's alienated all it's previous players by becoming a tablet game.

Yes it might seem like a good idea, but as the devs have mentioned they still have to work full time jobs (props to them for that). So to develop the game for tablet/mobile play it will have to be a profit for them. If it doesn't work they will have to resort to profit making techniques.

I say this, but I don't know how the devs are here. This all comes from playing games for a company that have resorted putting their games on to tablet devices to increase popularity (while keeping it a computer game). Soon after I (and many others) jumped ship and I ended up here
----
22.12.2014 - 12:14
I personally sent at war a message about this, I think phones wouldn't be good for at war but windows 8 tablets would work great since you would have a keyboard and mouse, I would even pay for it, it gives alot of people mobility while playing at war and is all around continent
22.12.2014 - 12:14
I personally sent at war a message about this, I think phones wouldn't be good for at war but windows 8 tablets would work great since you would have a keyboard and mouse, I would even pay for it, it gives alot of people mobility while playing at war and is all around continent
13.01.2015 - 20:10
Or you can just leave your computer on and just use TeamViewer...
----

Moldova is Romania

24.01.2015 - 12:08
Is this reality or a dream? still no html5 so this seems a little off.......
09.05.2015 - 07:19
Written by Ivan, 10.07.2013 at 13:41

It would be exactly the same game, you would just control troop movements with your finger instead of a mouse. What would not feel right?

If in anyway it is possible to adapt it to more then win 8 I advise you guys to do so. Windows 8 is not a very populare platform thus people shy away from it, even after all this development time it is still a very buggy platform.
----

We are not the same- I am a Martian.
26.08.2015 - 06:02
Written by Ivan, 10.07.2013 at 13:41

Usb otg amok.
----
No such thing as a good girl, you are just not the right guy.

06.09.2015 - 11:19
I have a windows 8 tablet.. and play.
----
Your everyday friendly noob/Tiger II driver
18.09.2017 - 20:11
I play on my phone when I'm depressed
18.09.2017 - 22:38
Most of atwar is europoor so do the math
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word