Get Premium to hide all ads
15.07.2013 - 07:50
So, I also tried to make a new map and scenario, here is my first attempt, so bear with me :-)

I thought it would be nice to have a small custom map for a quick scenario, where not many players are needed to get going. I made a map of Germany and the scenario divides it up into eastern and western Germany.

As this would be unbalanced for a 1v1, because west germany has more cities than eastern germany, I also added USA, NATO and USSR, Warsaw Pact as playable "countries" to make it a 3v3. To balance the power, USSR and Warsaw Pact get a lot more reinforcement troops than USA / NATO.

I'm not sure if it is already balanced enough, this needs some test games. So any feedback is welcome.

Here's a screen:

Uploaded with ImageShack.com
15.07.2013 - 08:00
Just to add: I also made a clone of the map without US/USSR, only the 16 german states, which can be played without a scenario. It's called Equinox's Germany FFA
15.07.2013 - 12:17
Good idea, but one question, why use this background ? it's not really beautiful ?

But good job, good map.
15.07.2013 - 13:49
Yes I know, I had the background as smaller picture and tried to resize it, but that kind of messed it up a little, I'll try again with some other program.

But glad you like it besides that :-)
16.07.2013 - 01:43
Sen me your background by PM. I will resize it by photoshop and brush.
16.07.2013 - 14:15
I used a new map backgroun now, and added some more cities. New map name is Equinox Germany 2.0

Screenshot (sorry, can't zoom out further):

Uploaded with ImageShack.com
28.07.2013 - 06:27
Just published my scenario "Cold War Germany" based on this map.

The map features USA, UK and French occupation zones on the NATO team, and USSR and WP Allies on the Warsaw Pact team.
So it is a 5 player scenario.

I'm still trying around with it a bit to make it about even chances, Western germany has much more cities / manpower, but they start out with less starting money. Also some events triggered in certain turns will grant WP additional units. NATO also gets some every now and then, but much less than Soviets.

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.
28.07.2013 - 18:59
29.07.2013 - 01:40
Good equinox, your second background is well used. You must redefine borders on your now background .

Can you come to Atwar Cartographer Coalition ? Accept my invitation
29.07.2013 - 14:53
Written by J.Schumpeter, 29.07.2013 at 01:40

Good equinox, your second background is well used. You must redefine borders on your now background .

Can you come to Atwar Cartographer Coalition ? Accept my invitation

What do you mean with redefine borders? Are they wrong somewhere ?
Scenario should be balanced now, won and lost on both sides now, so I guess it's okay.

Any feedback i still welcome though. Would be nice if it's more than thumb up or down, or otherwise it won't help me to improve it.

Thanks.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word