Get Premium to hide all ads
02.08.2013 - 07:11
Introduction
Hello AW members, some may wonder why I am writing a guide on blitzkrieg when they only see me using PD. All the way through rank 6, i have been using blitzkrieg as my primary strategy. I thought it was the ultimate strategy until one game where I could not beat a PD player and then switched to PD. Blitzkrieg was a okay back then, as I beat many high ranks as a low ranked with it, but I played it under certain conditions. As always, this not a set of rules you must follow, just a guideline to how I play(ed) it.

Starting Countries
A general rule I tend to follow with blitzkrieg is to stay away from other players, that is where my advantage comes into play. I can expand faster then any player if left alone, which is true with most strategy, but with blitzkrieg it's twice as fast. I would pick europe and focus on asia, or pick asia and rush to europe. As USA, i would quickly wipe out the opponent through a very costly war and then rush to europe.

As a good guideline, pick countries where there is a lot of money, or a country you can reach in a short amount of turns that has lots of money, you will need lots to keep the blitz advantage.

Here is a link to stomach ulcer's starting expansion with blitzkrieg - http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=2495

Upgrades
Anything that boost speed is a must have with blitzkrieg:
1. Air Transport 1 & 2, 2. Faster Infantry, 3. Cheaper Infantry, 4. Transport Capacity, 5. Cheaper Transport

Tactics
Blitzkrieg is unique in its tactics, it allows you to outreach all other strategies, including sky menace, but it is very expensive.

How I had played primary back then was with air transport and tanks, but I would recommend attacking with Infantry as it does the same job for a cheaper cost in the following situation:
A typical opponent would gather his units to the front line and leave his middle to rear walled with no units. So the plan is to skip the front and strike his weak spot before he can recover. With the opponent frontline being heavily guarded, your job is to slow it down, walls.. bomber strikes.. etc. While your small but fast army quickly take over his empty cities. Fill up air transport and then when you are close enough, you bring the units out from the air transport and attack those cities/ walls. You do fast and strong enough, he can not recover his rear. The major drawback is if he is PD or another cheap defensive strategy in which case you might find a surprise waiting for you in those cities.

It is very important you understand the transport mechanics as this tactic relies heavily on the air transport.

If you expand fast and into rich countries, you won't need to worry about money as your expansion will have money each turn. If you start in poor countries, your money will dry up as fast as blitz is fast.

Blitzkrieg is also a heavily offensive strategy, do not focus on defense, because if you are, then you are losing. Your only defense is walls, not units inside cities. Your last hope of defense is to bring your wall inside your city if need be. Keep your opponent on the defensive and you on the offensive, that is what you want to do.

Conclusion
Blitzkrieg is fast and nimble, yet fragile as glass. It is up to you to find how you want to play blitzkrieg and whether blitzkrieg would work in that situation. I found that blitzkreig was really hard on a close map full of players as the defense nerf was horrible back then. I wish you all the best of luck in your games, and just remember to out think your opponents.

Other Player's comments on blitzkrieg
Written by Tundy, 18.08.2012 at 23:24

Some Tips [im a "Pro-Blitz" Player]

1.- let your cities empty, but wall them.
2.- dont buy infantry, unless you have the general on the stack and you are on a line or a city.
3.- use your week 0 infantry to wall your cap and take cities.
4.- never let your cities un-walled.
5.- 3 infantry in a city are useless, use them to make extra wall or to attack
6.- wall your enemy cities and trap his army, then use a stack of tanks and kill them all.
7.- try to use airplanes to go behind enemy lines.
8.- spam tanks each turn.
9.- never, ever. try to fight 2 people at the same time, your turns will get turn blocked and your tanks will die.
10.- always use your general to attack.
11.- bombers and tanks are your best friends.

[just some basic tips]

Written by BlackGreyWhite, 23.06.2012 at 05:11

If you play blitz, don't cap your enemy until he is utterly defeated. Capture most if not all of his other cities before heading for his cap, and you won't need to worry about defence. Always be on the offensive, always take your enemies' cities, and you won't need to worry about a counterattack.

Written by Deray YG, 02.06.2012 at 18:36

Written by WinterAnomaly, 02.06.2012 at 17:13

Blitzkrieg is best used for small maps,such as Europe.It allows for quick expansion and destruction.Within a few turns,you can use to quickly overcome enemies and allow for a swift slaughter,comparing easily to the German Invasion of Poland.

Actually Blitz is terrible and harder to play on small maps. Blitz is better when played on larger maps like Asia or USA for example.

Written by Deray YG, 06.05.2012 at 14:20

Heres 1 way to win as Blitz in Europe.

TANK SPAM LIKE A BOSS AND COUNTER ATTACK EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Written by Spart, 06.05.2012 at 12:36

KEEP BLITZ OUT OF EUROPE. The only exception to that may be Russia: Volga, if you even count that as Europe. And when I say Russia: Volga, I do not mean use it in a Europe+ game. I mean use it in an Eurasia map or bigger.
02.08.2013 - 11:44
I used to use blitz as a primary all the time as well.

That bit about infantry is 100% accurate despite what some might believe. I was using blitz recently and having infantry in the place of tanks is a lot less stressful on your income.

5/5 Guide, in my opinion.
----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
03.02.2014 - 18:56
stellio
Account deleted
Very late but I concur, 10/10 guide. Will try out sometime.
03.02.2014 - 19:54
AlexMeza
Account deleted
"Some Tips [im a "Pro-Blitz" Player]" -Tunder3.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Okay I'm adding it to my quote wall :3.
Pretty much almost everything in his "guide" is wrong.
11.05.2014 - 17:12
Just saying if you have all the infantry upgrade (Faster Infantry, Cheaper Infantry) what stops Infantry 60 cost 4 atk from replacing 120 cost 8 atk tanks?
so if you spam only infantry and never use tanks (except on transports) then your defense on what was 1 tank with 3 defense is now 2 infantry with 10 def (+2 for city/wall bonus)
this almost looks like a defense strat where you can spam cheep infantry to reinforce all the time? in fact you save money by needing less transports, your defenses are more versatile and flexible and can converge on a point easier than other strats
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word