Get Premium to hide all ads
05.08.2013 - 17:27
 Acquiesce (Mod)

Hey there, and welcome to my first ATN article! This post is the first in what I hope will be a long series of 'Acqui's Top Fives', brought to you by yours truly. Please understand that these lists are representative of solely my opinions, that I recognize those views to be neither factual nor objective, and that I look forward to discussion and your own inputs. Also as a rule, I will try to avoid particularly contentious topics, e.g, 'Acqui's Top Five AW coalitions'. But that doesn't mean these articles won't be interesting, informative, and fun! This edition recognizes my top five game strategy and tips threads and their authors. I hope you all enjoy!

The Ultimate Iron Fist Guide by Tophats (10 October 2011)
Alright let's get the ball rolling! Tophats' two part guide on the Iron Fist strategy is well organized and informative. It covers units, countries, and upgrades and provides great tips that illustrate exactly how take advantage of Iron Fist's strengths. He even had the mind to link a video of the Afterwind 1v1 Tournament Final to show readers exactly what blocking enemy expansion looks like.

Beating Perfect Defense: One man's quest. [REPORTS] by BASED Ironail (24 May 2011)
It may seem like an odd choice. The thread is old, spanning the dominance of Perfect Defense and the rise of Iron Fist. Also, Ironail can't get all the credit, because players like Hugosch and Aristosseur provided some of the informative posts here. It isn't really a guide as much as it is a conversation. Yet it deserves the number four spot because it was the first thread to prompt detailed discussion into the ins and outs of a strategy. Some might say that it paved the road for later guides.

How to do blitz start pretty much anywhere by Stomach Ulcers (16 December 2011)
Viewed by a whopping 583 players at the time of my writing this, Stomach's blitzkrieg guide is exactly the kind of thread this article ought to recognize. It sports many screenshots with expansions ranging from USA: Texas to Russia: Volga. It's a guide that really lives up to its title.

Proper use of Sentry Planes by Houdini (2 April 2012)
A personal favourite of mine, this gem's focus is an often underutilized weapon, the sentry plane. It's packed with relevant information and an informative screenshot. And unlike many other guides, its information remains completely up to date. I give it my highest recommendation. Finally, the number one spot goes to...

Master of Stealth Demonstration by learster (3 December 2011)
Could the number one spot really belong to any other guide? Here learster give us an inside look into his forte, the Master of Stealth strategy. I commend learster for the time it probably took to put it all together. The thread has great depth and at the same time necessary clarity. It gives week by week analyses, screenshots, and fantastic tips. At the time of my writing this, it has been viewed by over 1100 players, a testament to its long-standing relevance and quality.

Honourable Mention:
Hybrid Warfare: Strategy Guide by Cthulu (14 May 2013)

In writing this article I wished to both pay homage to the players that took the time to create these awesome guides and to alert newer players of their existence. If you enjoyed it, post below, more top fives will come. If you didn't enjoy it, post below, more top fives will come anyway! One more thing. If you have any suggestions for my next Top 5 article, message me or post here. See you guys online and stay cool.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
05.08.2013 - 17:38
Http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=9261

That humble guide originally made by TopHats is my suggestion to you.

I like these top fives. Very helpful to new players, it will be. Sure I am that enjoy this people will.

----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
05.08.2013 - 17:55
I never even knew some of these existed. Thanks for the great article !
06.08.2013 - 05:14
Wondeful article keep it up
10/10
----
Believe you can and you're halfway there
06.08.2013 - 11:53
Mr Grumpy
Account deleted
Can't wait for the next one!
06.08.2013 - 13:30
True learster is always a Great "If not the best " MoS player and in that topic he didint hide anything , all his secrets is out for us to read that why he does need to take a medal for that ^_^
----

atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word