Get Premium to hide all ads
16.08.2013 - 02:09
Is it a viable strategy at all? I read that the city density is too much of a problem for stealth units... Maybe without extra cities?
I know GW can be used, especially in low starting $ games. But I'm curious about MoS.
16.08.2013 - 08:51
Idk who told you it wasn't viable in Europe+ but they are definitely wrong.

MoS is just high cost, and like any strategy you have to know how to use it to make it work.
----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
16.08.2013 - 09:22
MoS is viable in any environment that guarantees a certain income; MoS is expensive. What was said about using MoS in EU environment is that the high density of cities (targets) and the closeness of targets does not promote MoS as an appealing strat for EU and EU+ games.
MoS' cutting edge is surprise... with the closeness of targets, surprise can be obtained from conventional units aswell. So the question is "Why to use MoS in EU games if the surprise effect can be obtained from conventional units and other less expensive strategies?"
----
16.08.2013 - 10:45
So basically, you're saying that you CAN use it, but it's probably not the best choice?

How about 1v1 EU games?
16.08.2013 - 11:35
It's all a matter of choice, based on the advantages you are trying to obtain from the strat. Depends on your experience with a specific strat and the upgrades you have acquired. And, of course, on the general settings: map, starting funds, posibilities of expansion, closeness of adverary players, etc.
It seems to me that V preferrs to use MoS, which is a perfectly sound option; I preferr other strats, leaving MoS for WGs or Eurasia games... or specific scenarios.
Up to you.
----
16.08.2013 - 12:53
The extra cties eu map is diferent from the simple one.in the simple one you can use whatever you want but in the extra cities mos is not an option.anyone who disagree ill be happy to test it with you
----
16.08.2013 - 19:44
Written by Chess, 16.08.2013 at 17:48

Written by Khal.eesi, 16.08.2013 at 12:53

The extra cties eu map is diferent from the simple one.in the simple one you can use whatever you want but in the extra cities mos is not an option.anyone who disagree ill be happy to test it with you

I have tested it with Thunderballs once and won due his early capture attempt. I managed to defend Kiev, but at the same time expanded to rich countries in Skandinavia and BeNeLux. At the end of turn 5 I had around 2k Income.
So if you expand right you can indeed win, BUT MoS is only strong with Ukraine. With any other country you will have cash problems at the very beginning.
In my opinion GC, PD, Imp and SM are still a far better choice for Ukraine than MoS.

but chess,

you're the legendary chess!
----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
17.08.2013 - 13:43
I've used MoS in Europe games, but that was when I was around rank 5-7.
----

TJM !!!
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word