Get Premium to hide all ads
18.08.2013 - 03:06
Amok and Ivan don't read forum. I checked every topics visitor page from last thursday and I only saw their name once.

Do mods pm admins about ideas? If not why are we sending our ideas everyday?
----
18.08.2013 - 10:34
Suggested ideas have been implemented... not at the pace most player wish and not all the implementations one wishes, but they do. And yes, Admins are informed about the main discussions going on.
----
18.08.2013 - 11:08
You know something is wrong when a game's loyal players advertise and promote in stead of developers for the latter to make money, yet hardly makes an effort to make their presence felt.

New players introduced (in particular chinese in my case) have complained about the relative low development. People aren't idiots, if they knew the admins here work part-time they will be off in a jiffy.
18.08.2013 - 15:02
Written by ezzatam, 18.08.2013 at 11:08

You know something is wrong when a game's loyal players advertise and promote in stead of developers for the latter to make money, yet hardly makes an effort to make their presence felt.

New players introduced (in particular chinese in my case) have complained about the relative low development. People aren't idiots, if they knew the admins here work part-time they will be off in a jiffy.

Ivan runs a numerous amount of sites, so he has his work cut out for him, and it's understandable (and appreciated) that he checks in as often as he does, the same goes for Amok. The custom forum engine, cartography engine, etc etc wouldn't have been possible without these two, and the fact that they've given the majority of the game freely to it's community is (to me) inspiring and respectful, knowing that they trust the mods enough to let that happen is also a good show that our moderation system is fair and helpful.

They ask players to advertise the game because it's not exactly easy and cheap paying for advertisement. They attempted this numerous times, yet even with word being spread, and Kong/Desura the game still lacks the huge following that it needs. If every member of this game was an active supporter, even then there wouldn't be a huge increase in player activity. The best thing to do, at least from what I know, is Viral marketing. If I'm not mistaken, when someone on here in it's early days made a viral posting on Krautchan, there was a huge increase in players (at least it was huge for that time). Don't complain about the game being advertised by it's players, it's not cheap to pay for it.

Personally, the admins should see if any players happen to have any sort of experience with Design (Graphic Art, HTML), and Silverlight, as they can't alone support this game with weekly/monthly updates. But for what the admins do get done, I applaud them.
18.08.2013 - 15:12
Indeed Ivan runs numerous sites.but anyways they made Mods to do this kind of stuff they all are busy working in the game so obviously they don't have time on the ther hand Dave(Abfahren) is busy running Forums and moderating the supporters forum so yes they have given Mods the Power to handle the community and keep Ii well.
----
Believe you can and you're halfway there
18.08.2013 - 17:17
Written by Guest, 18.08.2013 at 15:02

They ask players to advertise the game because it's not exactly easy and cheap paying for advertisement. They attempted this numerous times, yet even with word being spread, and Kong/Desura the game still lacks the huge following that it needs. If every member of this game was an active supporter, even then there wouldn't be a huge increase in player activity.

RANK No of Ppl Cumu No
13 1 1
12 5 6
11 14 20
10 50 70
9 145 215
8 331 546
7 525 1071
6 1176 2247
5 2711 4958
4 7728 12686
3 11498 24184
2 18996 43180
1 17298 60478
0 11548 72026
ZERO 50599 122625

Our problem is account abuse (>40% of all accounts have 0 sp) and helping people settle and play (>50% of Rank 5 or higher left)
Rank 5 is top decile....

PROMOTION IS A SCAPEGOAT.

Written by Guest, 18.08.2013 at 15:02

Personally, the admins should see if any players happen to have any sort of experience with Design (Graphic Art, HTML), and Silverlight, as they can't alone support this game with weekly/monthly updates.

This, you just admitted current model is unsustainable. I salute you.
18.08.2013 - 17:46
Ezz;

You failed to argue Joy's points.

Done.
----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
19.08.2013 - 02:35
Written by Dr Lecter, 18.08.2013 at 17:46

Joy's argument involve appreciating the admins efforts, to which increasing numbers of players are unable to since admins are hardly online (Roncho's first post) It also praises Ivan/Amok's "selflessness" to let this game become free to play, when hindsight being that premium a majority of which are Rank 7+ constituting top 2%, p2p would be backfiring badly.

It is all about the money and investment, I am trying to promote this game which leads others to have high expectations, admins simply are not fulfilling them. If you are too busy for something, it make sense to let it run into someone's idle hands.

PS: I am countering his point that promotion is the main problem by quantifying account spread, if anyone isn't contributing to the thread, it is you V.
19.08.2013 - 04:53
 Amok (Admin)
Just to let you know, I read almost every single post on the forum through the 'New posts' feature, it just doesn't display me in the 'Viewed by' page. I just don't have the time to respond to every single topic/suggestion. And yes, we do listen to player's suggestions and do implement them on a regular basis (check the last update, all player-suggested).
19.08.2013 - 05:03
Amok and Ivan (at least one of them) have always been trying to respond to topics, whenever possible. I can't say i haven't seen their answers, because i'd lie. Even in the Strats Boosts & Nerfs II they had a response and how it seems to me, they do answer. Of course it is hard to answer to every single topic and every single suggestion, but the main ones are viewed, responsed to and also implemented. Basic player community can face the fact that they can't contribute to the game 24/7 and we have accepted that. Why can't you, Ezza? If you don't like the game, just leave, the community doesn't need people, who want to bring the game down and make mods/admins look bad at their duty.
19.08.2013 - 06:41
I knew and played this game through kongrete where amok or ivan responded every single post. I truely believe admin have put a great effort. Buy anyway, the outcome is actually poor. Perhaps atwar is dragged down by their promotion strategy and marketing.
19.08.2013 - 07:51
Written by Dragon, 19.08.2013 at 06:41

I knew and played this game through kongrete where amok or ivan responded every single post. I truely believe admin have put a great effort. Buy anyway, the outcome is actually poor. Perhaps atwar is dragged down by their promotion strategy and marketing.

I'd be interested in seeing what stats you have to come to that conclusion. In the past 11 months players online has tripled and by using this graph you migh be able to see a difference over the same period in google results http://www.semrush.com/info/atwar-game.com
19.08.2013 - 09:22
Written by Brandreas, 19.08.2013 at 05:03

Basic player community can face the fact that they can't contribute to the game 24/7 and we have accepted that. Why can't you, Ezza? If you don't like the game, just leave, the community doesn't need people, who want to bring the game down and make mods/admins look bad at their duty.

CAN YOU READ?

None of my points above have even been slightly approached yet, is my attitude (frequently expressed already) the only thing you can comment on in this topic? Everyone can face the fact that they (admins) got premium and account regulation wrong and we have accepted that. Why can't you, Bandreas? If you don't like this topic, just leave, the community doesn't need reactionaries, who want to post for the sake of posting.
19.08.2013 - 09:27
Written by abfahren, 19.08.2013 at 07:51

I'd be interested in seeing what stats you have to come to that conclusion. In the past 11 months players online has tripled and by using this graph you migh be able to see a difference over the same period in google results http://www.semrush.com/info/atwar-game.com

Lovely site you got there, I wanted to explore more and every page auto-redirects to charge me 70USD a month. SEO eh?
PS: admitting players online numbers have tripled is same as saying more account abuse.
19.08.2013 - 10:31
Written by ezzatam, 19.08.2013 at 09:22

Basic player community can face the fact that they can't contribute to the game 24/7 and we have accepted that. Why can't you, Ezza? If you don't like the game, just leave, the community doesn't need people, who want to bring the game down and make mods/admins look bad at their duty.

CAN YOU READ?

None of my points above have even been slightly approached yet, is my attitude (frequently expressed already) the only thing you can comment on in this topic? Everyone can face the fact that they (admins) got premium and account regulation wrong and we have accepted that. Why can't you, Bandreas? If you don't like this topic, just leave, the community doesn't need reactionaries, who want to post for the sake of posting.

You answered your own question by saying that the flaws have been accepted.
(It's Brandreas though.)
19.08.2013 - 10:37
Written by Brandreas, 19.08.2013 at 10:31

(It's Brandreas though.)

Accepted but not corrected.
19.08.2013 - 10:53
Written by ezzatam, 19.08.2013 at 10:37

Written by Brandreas, 19.08.2013 at 10:31

(It's Brandreas though.)

Accepted but not corrected.

It isn't that easy to correct, sadly. It's just one of those things that we HAVE to accept, because it'd be too much to ask admins to fully devote to this game and stop doing everything else (including quitting their jobs).
I do realize that it doesn't get that many players, especially the ones that stick around and get to higher ranks, involved, but the ones that do stick around, are mostly reliable and try to help in any way, either promoting the game or improving it by different suggestions.
19.08.2013 - 11:31
Written by abfahren, 19.08.2013 at 07:51

Written by Dragon, 19.08.2013 at 06:41

21.08.2013 - 16:50

CAN YOU READ?

----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
22.08.2013 - 13:48
 Utah
Written by Guest, 21.08.2013 at 17:01

Written by Dr Lecter, 21.08.2013 at 16:50

CAN YOU READ?

----
The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.
22.08.2013 - 16:44
I approve of all the memes.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
22.08.2013 - 18:40
Okay stop with the image spam, guys.

But being a little advocate of the devil - why have we grown so much, yet we can't go past, say, 600 people online?
----
Written by Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
24.08.2013 - 18:46
Written by notserral, 22.08.2013 at 18:40

Okay stop with the image spam, guys.

But being a little advocate of the devil - why have we grown so much, yet we can't go past, say, 600 people online?

Exactly.

This is the only online game I've ever played that allows so much alts. Half of the accounts on here are freaking rank 0. Rofl. Now that's hilarious. Not to mention the CW system.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word