Get Premium to hide all ads
22.12.2010 - 19:46
What do people think about reducing infantry/militia range (its remarkable how far infantry can travel in one turn currently) and added a Armored Personnel Carrier unit.

This could be added as a unit with longer range to carry infantry/militia - essentially a land transport. To me, this would make more sense than allowing roaming stacks of infantry to travel the map really quickly, but then again it doesnt always have to be realistic...
22.12.2010 - 19:52
I am totally on your side with this idea, i was thinking about APCs too, but i wanted to present this idea with more details than to just write about making an APC.
23.12.2010 - 01:31
 Amok (Admin)
I think this will add some unnecessary complications to the game. Why not just assume that there's already APC's in the infantry stack?
23.12.2010 - 01:35
I agree with amok. If this game were set in 1940 then having personnel carriers would be innovative. Being in the future I think the current setting makes sense.
23.12.2010 - 03:24
 Ivan (Admin)
The scale of units in the game is actually that of a small army. Battleship doesn't mean only one ship, and Infantry doesn't mean only one platoon. You can safely assume that Infantry has means of transportation, shooting down planes, attacking ships etc. Adding APC would bring nothing new to the game, just complicate the existing gameplay.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word