Get Premium to hide all ads
08.09.2013 - 16:21
Ultimate WWI

Genuine Trench Warfare

Trenches have High Defense and HP that obliterate incoming enemy units. Trenches also hold Barbed Wire units which have +1 Defense against Infantry/ Militia and +3 against Artillery. Unless you have Tanks which Trenches have a -10 Defense against and Barbed Wire has a -1 Def against, only pure Attrition can break those lines.

German Tanks- Available at Week 5 (West Prussia, East Prussia)
British/French Tanks- Available at Week 9 (England, ireland, Scotland, Wales, France)

Railway Lines

At various stations across the map, Established Rail can be used to transport troops at fast speed. These units can be built at stations which have single unit production and are controlled in a central hub.

List of Establish Rail Lines (So far)

Trans-Siberian Railway
Moscow (Capital), Omsk, Nizny Novgrod, Perm, Yekaterinburg, Tyumen, Novosibirisk

Trans-Caspian Railway
Krasnovodsk (Capital), Tehran, Bukhara, Tashkent, Achgabat

Anatolian Railway
Istanbul (Capital), Adana, Angora

Hejaz Railway
Damasscus (Capital), Tabuk ,Medina

Baghdad Railway
Baghdad (Capital), Basra, Mosul, Aleppo

Prussian Railway
Berlin (Capital), Breslau

Tanganikiya Railway*
Tabora (Capital), Kilmatinide, Kilossa

*Note- German East African Rail has 4 less range than Established Rail.
Battle of the Atlantic

British Naval Convoy- A protected Naval Dock that can build British Naval units to defend against U-Boat attacks. Destroyers have high stealth detection.

British Trade Cities- Income cities which represent British Trade. U-Boats have high collateral damage and will wipe out a Trade Cities income. Their capital is Dover.

German Naval Cities- German Dock Cities which can build various Naval units including the High Collateral U-Boats. Their capital is Hamburg.

British Shipping Lanes- These are where Cargo and Supply Ship Events are placed at Weeks 1 and 5. (More maybe added in the future at week 9) Further Supply Ships can be built here free of cost but with only one production in each city.

The Objective

In this theatre of war between British and German Navy. Britain must transport Cargo units (Worth 150 in Upkeep cost each) in Supply Ships along the Shipping Lanes and dock them in Neutral Liverpool where a Special Neutral unit will kill both units. This will end the upkeep cost of the Cargo unit. A Cargo unit and a Supply Ship will arrive in each Shipping Lane capital at Weeks 1 and 5. That is 6 in total which will cost Britain 900 in income if left stranded on Shipping Lanes. Britain can defend these Ships from attack through various methods. Destroyers have high stealth detection and are the best Naval united suited for hunting down U-Boats and defending British interests.

The objective of Germany is to use its Naval cities in the North to send U-Boats to attack these supply ships as they move across the Shipping Lanes aswell as the Trade cities dotted around the Atlantic. The units are designed in such a way that the Supply Ship will defend first and the Cargo will defend second. Cargo has high HP but low defense so it would be wise for Germany to send as few Submarines as possible (2-3) to kill the supply ship but losing to the Cargo unit which will leave the Cargo stranded on the Shipping Lane. This will continue the upkeep cost as killing the unit is Britains main objective. Further Supply Ships can be bought at the Shipping Lane Capitals.
08.09.2013 - 16:22
Edits to be implemented

-Adding USA player

-Adding Lenin and Bolsheviks
A more difficult task Im still working out. The idea is that Lenin must travel from Prussia to Russia and capture a neutral city offering income and production. Harder to put through due to failure in unit testing.

-Adding Gas Attacks
A unique unit which will deal severe damage to Infantry/Militia/Special Forces/Cavalry units. A defensive unit will also be created which will metaphorically supply your troops with Gas Masks and prevent the Gas from doing any harm.

Recent Succesful Edits.

-British Shipping Lanes widened for easier navigation.
-France Divided into two sections
-German Naval Cities protected by a circle of non-port cities like the British Naval Convoy.
-Western Germany divided into sections for easier assault.
-Added US Player
-Ukraine divided into East and West.
08.09.2013 - 16:22
Ideas, Special units, Events are more than welcome to be shared here and I shall think over them. Any problems with names, info, flags, balance, units? PM me or post it here. Please discuss, my doors are open to talk. I want to make this map realistic, fun, balanced and adaptable. But remember, Balance and Gameplay come first over ultra realism.
08.09.2013 - 20:12
 Nero
I really like this scenario. I played it once, and I noticed Italy is pretty weak. A higher income and a port in the Adriatic Sea, like Bari, would really help.
----
Laochra¹: i pray to the great zizou, that my tb stops the airtrans of the yellow infidel
08.09.2013 - 20:13
Written by Guest, 08.09.2013 at 17:52

You still messed up the Don river. It should not flow into the volga but instead curve leftward back towards ukraine.
A Russia who barely knows his own county.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/Donrivermap.png

I know the canal was made in the 1950s but it's a four century project and the connection is done simply for gameplay. It allows transportation between Russian areas aswell as the Caspian and Black Sea. There are a few rivers that connect that shouldn't which I have done because very small canals connect the two, but mainly for strategic reasons.
Written by Tik-Tok, 08.09.2013 at 16:22
But remember, Balance and Gameplay come first over ultra realism.
08.09.2013 - 20:15
Written by Nero, 08.09.2013 at 20:12

I really like this scenario. I played it once, and I noticed Italy is pretty weak. A higher income and a port in the Adriatic Sea, like Bari, would really help.
Italy has Venice which is a port city but I might add Bari. I believe the income is OK, it can't be too strong as Serbia, Russia and Romania are pounding at it too.
09.09.2013 - 16:31
Written by Guest, 09.09.2013 at 16:23

Visual appeal much? You totally left out the fact that you have lines going into the ocean earlier...:/

Back up land areas in case of future changes or I want to make a another map but with different mass. Its minor and bettter tucked away.
Anyways, looks interdasting, maybe had not enough thought put into mechanics, but whatever, I'll give it a shot when I see it.

That's a complete lie. Point our a problem but dont say what it is? Classy. The idea of this thread is for people to give ideas, units for fresh development. If there is a mistake, I'd like to correct it or justify it to the person. You've come here after a lovers tiff in your coalition board and someones suddenly mad at me. You need to get over these fits of emotion and stick to one cycle of thought instead of hemorrhaging butthurt annoyance and respect in less than 24 hours.
09.09.2013 - 20:12
Ok tik well done on the map it looks awesome.You can tell you put alot of work into it.Its also very complicated and for good players only i think thats why i have joined 10 games and only managed to play like 4 times.That could be a problem..I played german colonies,italy,ottoman and russia.Usually my problem was with the time especially with russia and colonies i had no time to wall everything.If u could give Russia also some free walls like u did with german colonies it would help alot.All 3 of them seem pretty balanced, otoman tho im not sure, i have to play again.The invasion from the east might be a tad too much but i might be wrong.
----
09.09.2013 - 20:26
Written by Khal.eesi, 09.09.2013 at 20:12

Ok tik well done on the map it looks awesome.You can tell you put alot of work into it.Its also very complicated and for good players only i think thats why i have joined 10 games and only managed to play like 4 times.That could be a problem..I played german colonies,italy,ottoman and russia.Usually my problem was with the time especially with russia and colonies i had no time to wall everything.If u could give Russia also some free walls like u did with german colonies it would help alot.All 3 of them seem pretty balanced, otoman tho im not sure, i have to play again.The invasion from the east might be a tad too much but i might be wrong.

I've recently given more walls to Russia and Ottoman. I also gave a minor production and cash buff to Ottoman. Serbia has a production nerf and more walls for a few players in general. There is a think linf of balance im getting as Ottoman. The last game was against high ranks Russia and Britain and despite two major assaults from India and lord knows how many from Russia aswell as Bulgaria falling and Britain and Romania pounding at my capital, I held them off. Russia was quite powerful and had a stalemate with a very good East Prussia but he was faultering. Ottoman conquest ceased Russian aggression and Central won the game.

I am slowly getting my goldilocks zone of balance but I think it's doing pretty good. Most games with high ranks last 20-30 weeks and the game can go either way. Ottoman players will have to get used to how important trains are and British players need to fully grasp how important the Atlantic trade war is. That extra income is needed to fund Indian assaults on Ottoman. I also added a cheap boat unit for you so you can wall the seas.

You are right, I've put so much thought, planning and effort into this, I forgot that such detail would likely makethis fairly unplayable for beginners. It's not a beginners map, it's an expert map. I'm not sure how to fix that as my intention was to make a damn good WW1 map and dumbing it down would ruin it.

If you find any more issues, please do tell me. If you want a wall around a certain city, just ask.
09.09.2013 - 20:36
Written by Guest, 09.09.2013 at 17:33
Err, not butthurt? All I said was that the mechanics look a tad weird (Trenches being cities? Seems cluttered). No need to get angry man :/
maybe had not enough thought put into mechanics, but whatever,

Presentation is not mechanics. It's a wall of trenches which prevent enemy units passing and looks fine. None of that is mechanics which you so spitefully brushed off. Trench cities makes perfect sense and you are the only one complaining about them. It makes perfect, logical and strategic sense. Walls constantly mess up but a city does not. Mechanics would be the argument of whether such a layout and unit group would work. After much testing and perfecting the production, it does. Statelmates can exist between the two lines for tens of weeks with mass units built on either side. Both sides poke and prod for weaknesses and some make gambles and charges.

It is a completely unique style of warfare which many players have developed their own means of fighting.

If you want to make critique, I welcome it. Terminal loves it and despite his obvious intentions, he gives good points with math backed up. What i dont like is spiteful bullshit behaviour without any reasoning.

m-m-m-aybe not enough thought put into mechanics? Oh please. You could have noted the use of tanks, map errors, inability to move, anything related to actual game mechanics and what is your mighty wisdom despite NEVER PLAYING THE MAP? ''It looks cluttered.''

When you think of a better way of re creating trench warfare, give me a call. If there is an issue with trench warfare mechanics, bug me on it but dont play mind games like a child. You have an issue, say it, don't brush it off.
10.09.2013 - 11:32
I love the idea of Trench Warfare. Really adds a whole new dimension to the game and I hope a lot of other maps take after yours. Trenches was a genius idea.
10.09.2013 - 17:38
Looks neat! I like the idea of trenches and railways. Too bad there isn't some "event" function that would allow cargo delivery to actually give the British money or units.
12.09.2013 - 15:24
Written by Skanderbeg, 12.09.2013 at 14:21
Repair Serbian west border. I cant watch how Drina is going into Sumadia on large map like this.

I assume the river connection? This was made for better strategy, plus there are lots of tiny rivers which connect rivers.
Add Bari.

Italy has Venice but I'll add Bari to see if it works.
Tirada renamed to Tirana.
''Volvograd'' rename to Tsaritsyn.
Ljubljana - Laibach
Cluj - Koloszvar
Lithuania - Courland
Latvia - Livonia

Done
Turkoman - Turkestan
Turkistan - Khorezm

Russian Empire gets to call it what it wants.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/XXth_Century_Citizen%27s_Atlas_map_of_Central_Asia.png
9) Iran neutral. Russia should fight Ottoman Empire only on Caucasus.

The Caucasus was not the only area of warfare between Russia and Ottoman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Campaign

"The engagements were in the northern Persian Azerbaijan, compromising the provinces of East Azarbaijan, West Azarbaijan and Ardabil cities include Tabriz, Urmia, Ardabil, Maragheh, Marand, Mahabad and Khoy."

"In the middle of November 1915, General Yudenitch who was managing the Caucasian Campaign (the nearest to the spot), dispatched two columns into the Persian Azerbaijan; one, under General Nikolai Baratov, with the order to push southwestward through Hamadan to Kermanshah, on the way to Bagdad. The second column advanced through Kum and Kashan to Ispahan. A detachment of the Russian Caucasus Army marched on Tehran."
10) week 8-9 Serbia gets 1-2 transports on Albanian south coast, so they can transport army and reorganise in Thessaloniki

Why?
add unit Mark IV Tank
add unit Schneider CA1
add unit A7V

Actually, these are already in the game. I had forgotten to add the French tank.
Written by Tik-Tok, 08.09.2013 at 16:21
British/French Tanks- Available at Week 9 (England, ireland, Scotland, Wales, France)

Grodno and Brest polish cities. Border goes more eastwards.

Not until after the war. it's borders remained similar to the Napolean period.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Duchy_of_Warsaw_1809-1815.PNG
Tip list 2 coming when this get edited.

By all means.
13.09.2013 - 07:06
Written by Skanderbeg, 13.09.2013 at 05:27
As you see, only when you zoom in you can see curved Drina(river that divide Serbia from Bosnia) that goes slightly into serbian lands, when zoomed out you cant see that part because it is too small. In your map bosnian east border goes too deep into Serbia, reaching central srb region. If you made good France, Germany, Russia, colonies like that, why no repair Serbia as well.

I spent more time on Serbia than any other country in Europe. It is a very difficult border to draw and I am happy with its result. Could it be skinnier at the bottom and curved in the North West? Perhaps. Ill have a look at it over the week but Im not making any promises. I fetl tehre were enough curves in the river that I didnt want to have any more or Serbia might not be able to transport as quickly.

France, Uk, Russia etc are quite easy though a bit time consuming in Further East Russia like Ural and Siberia. Serbia is a really difficult and small country with alot of small and defining features. I spent ages trying to get it right. You can see, almost every feature is replicated.
13.09.2013 - 07:07
Tip list 2 coming when this get edited.

Bring on the second list.
16.09.2013 - 10:15
The Jordan river is not connected to the red sea, it's going to be only in few years.
----

21.09.2013 - 10:10
Great work TIk
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

11.11.2013 - 21:26
Bumping. I have added an Edit section in my reserved post. Current ideas and successful edits will be updated there.
12.11.2013 - 00:57

Edits to be implemented

A more difficult task Im still working out. The idea is that Lenin must travel from Prussia to Russia and capture a neutral city offering income and production. Harder to put through due to failure in unit testing.

I know this might not be implemented but couldn't Russia just wall the neutral city so Lenin cant get it? Also you might want to update the Battle of Atlantic picture with the German city update.

If i'm not wrong the British made the first tanks followed by France and German. Did you sacrifice historical accuracy for balance here?
12.11.2013 - 03:39
Written by Meester, 12.11.2013 at 00:57

Edits to be implemented

I know this might not be implemented but couldn't Russia just wall the neutral city so Lenin cant get it? Also you might want to update the Battle of Atlantic picture with the German city update.

If i'm not wrong the British made the first tanks followed by France and German. Did you sacrifice historical accuracy for balance here?

Didn't germany make the first non-armed tanks or something? Idk I'm not great at history.
14.03.2014 - 06:43
So underrated. I recently played on the western front. This is the most realistic scenario ever. We should play this more.
----
The Most Feared Nazi Germany and SM Ukraine player in AW history. Retired

14.03.2014 - 13:53
Black Shark
Account deleted
Written by Unleashed, 14.03.2014 at 06:43

So underrated. I recently played on the western front. This is the most realistic scenario ever. We should play this more.
I want to try this so bad.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word